D+ wine amenity question

I just spoke with the D+ desk about ordering wine to be delivered to Chops on embarkation night for our amenity. She advised that we would be charged the $15 corkage fee. What....you give me a gift and then charge me to drink it in dining venues! Since CCers know more than service reps, is this true? If so, I guess I'll go back to champagne in the cabin for sail away.

Don't know about Chops, but I had it delivered to our table in the dining room many times and have never been charged a corkage fee.

Same for us. If you order it for the room and bring it to the MDR, they charge corkage.

If you order it to be delivered to the MDR, then there is no corkage fee charged.

Thanks to all. I will order it to be delivered to Chops and we'll enjoy it with our BOGO coupon.

If the D+ desk won't deliver the wine to Chops, then ask the D+ desk to have the wine delivered to the MDR. Then, when you get to Chops, give them your MDR table and ask them to get your wine. I've done this several times when I had either unfinished wine in the MDR, or some bottles remaining from the wine package. This should not be a problem.

Thanks for this information, everyone. We are giving our D+ amenity bottle of champagne, and our table for 2, to friends on the same cruise for one evening so they can celebrate their anniversary without their children and in-laws. I would hate for them to get stuck with a $15 corkage fee with our "gift"! :eek:

Since I'm having it delivered to the MDR, and I will tell our dining steward on the first night what's going on later in the cruise, there should be no fee.

I appreciate the info. Love these boards!

More good information! We have MTD, so if I order the wine for the dining room, how are they going to locate it when I ask for it in Chops?

I don't know for sure, but they must have a way to keep track of your wine when you might be at different tables in MTD. If you tell the Chops people you're in MTD, I'll bet they figure it out. Also, whenever I have an issue similar to this, I find my section head waiter (headwaiter) and explain the situation. They usually take care of everything with great efficiency.

We will be on the Oasis in November. This will be our first cruise since becoming D+. Can you tell me what the wine choices are for the gift? Is there a list on line?

Thanks!

There is no list on Royal's site, but some very nice CC person posted a list here a week or 2 ago. This is from their list:

Champagne

-----------

Korbel Brut, California

Asti Spumante, Martini & Rossi

Non-Alchoholic Sparking Wine

White Wine

-----------

Pinot Grigio, Danzante Italy

Sauvignon Blanc, Caliterra Chile

Chardonnay, Castle Rock

Red Wine

---------

Cabernet, Caliterra Tributo, Chile

Zinfandel, Ravenswood

Cabernet Sauvignon, Solaire by Robert Mondavi

Thanks to all. I will order it to be delivered to Chops and we'll enjoy it with our BOGO coupon.

They wouldn't deliver to Chops for us only the Dining room, we asked for it to go to the dining room, we went to Chops first night, BOGO and my DW Birthday and just told them that there was a bottle of Champagne in the MDR for us, they brought it to Chops, had a great meal and great service

Archived