will not complain about Princess coffee again

m steve

I was spending a weekend with friends and they served Maxwell House in the blue container. It didn't taste like coffee to me and nothing close to the roasts we use. I can't believe I felt Princess coffee was better after posting so many negative reviews.

I was spending a weekend with friends and they served Maxwell House in the blue container. It didn't taste like coffee to me and nothing close to the roasts we use. I can't believe I felt Princess coffee was better after posting so many negative reviews.

Wow,...it must have been pretty bad to have been worse than that swill that Princess passes off as coffee. icon4.gif

My mom uses that, the little packs that make 4-6 cups. We think it's pretty weak. If you make 4 cups, it's not too bad...but 6? UGH! We take our little packs of VIA to her house and add 1/2 of one to a cup of coffee, just like we do on Princess if we don't want to go to IC to get our coffee. In all fairness, she doesn't like our coffee...needs to water it down. To each his own...

I've had that Maxwell blue container coffee. Absolutely horrible. As far as the princess goes, at first I didn't very much care for their coffee. I've come to realize that it really isn't that bad. While it's not Starbucks, it's 1000% better than the Maxwell blue container coffee.....

Bob

Funny, that Maxwell House blue container is my fathers' favorite coffee. He can't stand the so-called premium coffees. Just shows, everyone has their own taste. I don't drink coffee at all (prefer tea), they all taste disgusting to me...

Princess coffee is not even brewed. Its a coffee syrup they mix with hot water and pump into the "coffee taps" located around the buffet area, etc. I was complaining about it to one of the wait staff a few years back and he explained to me how it is made. Even knowing that information I can honestly say I have had a lot worse.

I've only ever had Maxwell House coffee in my house...granted I'm only 27 but that's what my paernts drank when going up. I don't like Starbucks and I think most restaurant coffee is too strong. I'm not the kind of person who can't get outta bed without a cup of coffee. I do like the syrup coffee Princess serves and I would NEVER pay a few dollars for a "better" cup of joe when I can get a free one. Hot chocolate is another story...:rolleyes: Hey OP did you try putting more than one scoop in the filter? My friends use one scoop per cup! Not that's strong Maxwell House coffee!!

We're OK with the Princess stuff too. As I mentioned in another thread, we were actually given a wedding gift years ago of a contraption that made coffee concentrate. It was supposed to be a better way to "brew" coffee so that it would taste smoother - less acid. And it was very smooth.

As for Starbuck's and all that, it is too strong for me too. But I will agree, that Blue Maxwell House is terrible. Bought a can of it because it was on sale a few months ago. Ugh.

LOL....there is a reason that the giant container of Maxwell House blue always goes on sale for $4.50!

I don't mind the 1 or 2 cups of Princess swill in the morning...it blends so well with the bacon/sausage/omelet/waffles/pancakes/bagel/potatoes..........:)

I have found the coffee on Princess decent, down right good when I compare it to the coffee I got served in the Army. Of course seeing the Panama Canal from a cruise ship rather than on the shore dressed in Army fatigues was much better to. Guess it is all about perspective.

Tim

I also like a good coffee.

My favorite coffee is pure Kona.

I found the syrup coffee served by Princess highly undesirable to my palate

Therefore I don't mind at all paying for a coffee card so that I can enjoy a good coffee, plus a nice chat with others of the same kind sitting around enjoying this .:D

Why is Maxwell house even around these days? Swill I tell you swill....

Speaking of swill, just off the Caribbean Princess and could NOT drink their coffee. Even the stuff in the coffee shop was marginal. Thank god we had a port intensive cruise, the first thing we did when getting off the boat was to search for a decent coffee.

While I'm not a starbucks fan (too strong and burnt tasting) I think I'll pack a few of the VIA for my next cruise and see how that works, can't be any worse than their swill...

I like the Princess swill. :cool:

Me too. It doesn't bother me at all. I'm not a big coffee drinker so perhaps that is why but I have no problems drinking the buffet area coffee. I do like to get a Nutty Irishman coffee at the coffee bar sometimes though. Pretty yummy!

I love my coffee. I prefer a full bodied but smooth blend. I've been drinking VanHoutte's breakfast blend lately. I just got off the CB and I bought the coffee card. I had a latte every morning from the International Cafe and it was heaven. I also had one every night with dinner. It came from the IC, just has my breakfast coffee did, but was so strong I had trouble drinking it. The liquid coffee was undrinkable for me. I tried watering it down or adding so much cream it was pale. Yuck. Other than the coffee, I have not one complaint. Awesome food and service.

I have found the coffee on Princess decent, down right good when I compare it to the coffee I got served in the Army. Of course seeing the Panama Canal from a cruise ship rather than on the shore dressed in Army fatigues was much better to. Guess it is all about perspective.

Tim

Count yourself liucky you never suffered British Army 'coffee' (known as 'cofftea' beause you couldn't tell what it was!) The German Army coffee was great stuff though.

Personally I found the Princess buffet coffee undrinkable; the MDR coffee was OK and the room service coffee managed to bump start my body so it did the job. (BTW I don't like (UK) Starbucks much either.)

I like Tim Horton's and Seattle's Best, but the favorite at home is Caribou Mocha Java. It's a good, dark, strong coffee. My personal favorite has to be Mountain Thunder Kona, but hubby can't drink excessively strong coffee anymore, because the caffeine load makes him jumpy.

Our nephew down in Texas will call us every once in a while and ask us to send him a couple of cans of Tim Horton's, which we do on a regular basis. Makes a great birthday and/or Christmas gift and we know it's something he and his wife will enjoy! ;)

is owned by Starbucks. The coffee we like is Sam's Club house brand French Roast. Quite strong and very flavorful almost like good restaurant coffee. There are several good other brands from Seattle. For supermarket coffee we prefer Peet's.

Archived