LIVE from the FREEDOM of the SEAS, Sailing 5 Sep 2010

Trainman-2

This is by far the most heart tugging thread ever on CC.

Jim, Carol is with you now and forever. Her ashes at sea is one of the most beautiful tributes you could do for her.

That was a very nice memorial that RC wrote for the ceremony, something you should have framed for your home.

I hope you enjoy the remainder of your cruise, Carol is with you!! :)

Trainman, your live thread is a reminder to all of us to treasure life and truly enjoy the people around us. I hope cruise critic keeps your thread and puts it in a special area where others can access it forever. It is in moments like these that I truly appreciate being apart of the the CC community. I hope you find strength from the love and encouragement that is being sent your way. Carol was truly blessed to have you as a Hubby!! She is looking down and saying - "That's my Man!!"

Good night, our dear sweet Carol and may a flight of Angels sing thee to thy rest!!

So blessed to know you.........a funky thing Carol would've love is that at 1600 here at PC couldn't see the Monarch leave 'cos it started pouring down rain at 1555.....No lie.

But last night the storms saved your butts and DH and I raised a glass, I will be boarding as you are leaving. My first solo also.........

Edited by alwayshappytocruise

Few things on this board have touched me. This post is definitely one of them. May good bless you and I hope you enjoy the remainder of your cruise.

My sentiments exactly! May God continue to richly bless you, Trainman.:)

Day 3, Tuesday, September 7, 2010

LABADEE

We are scheduled to arrive at 8:00 am.

As I type this it is still dark outside. I can see white caps on the ocean and many stars but there are a few distant thunder storms with lightening flashing and thunder rumbling in the distance.

My plan is to go ashore to check out the new additions to the "island" but I will have to take my walker with me. I really don't think I can make it the length of the pier with our sitting down to rest.

I dined alone last night!

I am at a table for 4 and the other Solo Cruiser told us Sunday that he didn't bring a coat or tie so he would not be there for last night's formal night.

I have no word on how the father of the lady who sat across from me Sunday night is doing. I did get their cabin number from the head waiter but was unable to reach her last night.

Here is last night's main menu.

DSCN0520.jpg

I had the Filet of Beef which is one of the offerings RCI does consistently well across the fleet. They normally offer medium rare and medium well. I was always able to get the medium well modified to "no pink" for Carol. they did this without drying out the meat. I had mine medium rare and it was excellent.

I also ordered the Sautéed Seasonal Mushrooms in a blue Cheese Cream Sauce with Bohemian Dumplings. This was Excellent! I recommend this to anyone who likes Blue Cheese Dressing. If you don't like blue cheese dressing, don't try it!

It was sort of strange eating by myself in the MDR. I don't expect two of my table mates to return and I have no clue what the forth guy is going to do.