Bags of Beer Deal

Mrs.C05

I am onboard right now on Monarch of the Seas & have a a picture from my phone to post of the bag of beer. If someone could let me send it to them to upload to photobucket or something I'd appreciate it. No laptop this time. The bags are $35 for the first time and then to refill is $25.

I am onboard right now on Monarch of the Seas & have a a picture from my phone to post of the bag of beer. If someone could let me send it to them to upload to photobucket or something I'd appreciate it. No laptop this time. The bags are $35 for the first time and then to refill is $25.

Apparently from what I have heard, it's $35 for 8 and refills are $25 for 6. That's about what they cost anyway. So what's the deal except for the free bag?

They were wrong. The refills are definitely for 8. We took advantage of this deal - many times ;) - on Adventure last week.

I had several BAGS on the Serenade but you could only get BUD products. 4 Bud Lime and 4 Michelob Ultra were the only beers I could choke down.

But what kind?

Can you get Coors Light? or as some have posted is it only Bud?

Here's a new twist on the beer deal -- something that I don't believe has been discussed:

Suppose you do a back-to-back. Can you buy the bag/cooler at the beginning of your first cruise, and then just get refills for the entire two cruises? Or would you be required to buy a second "initial set up" on the first day of your second cruise?

Of course, if they'd insist upon the extra $10 for a second cooler, you could just buy enough "refills" during your first week to last for the remainder of the cruise.

My husband likes beer -- I do not -- and he'd definitely go for this deal.

Here's a new twist on the beer deal -- something that I don't believe has been discussed:

Suppose you do a back-to-back. Can you buy the bag/cooler at the beginning of your first cruise, and then just get refills for the entire two cruises? Or would you be required to buy a second "initial set up" on the first day of your second cruise?

Of course, if they'd insist upon the extra $10 for a second cooler, you could just buy enough "refills" during your first week to last for the remainder of the cruise.

I'm not sure how they would monitor people using this in future. Theoretically you could take the bag with you on every cruise as it's not like the soda cups where you could take the cup on a future cruise, but you have a stamp on your card to show you've purchased the soda card.

As for buying enough beers for the second leg of a back to back - great idea :D

Why not send it to one of your friends or relatives and have them post it? :confused:

I'm not exposing my phone number here! :eek:

Just off the Grandeur and they were selling buckets of 8 beers (we chose 4 ultra and 4 bud lt until they ran out of ultra) for $25.50 plus grat. We were not even offered the bag. We later saw it advertised in the Schooner Bar, but, they were not on the ship or sold out. I never saw anyone with a bag, but, plenty of people were taking advantage of the bucket prices. We thought this was a great deal, so it worked for us.

I thought I read on a earlier thread about this that you can use the bag and dicount on future cruises as well.

Forget the bags of beer, I'm waiting for the barrels of beer to start up! :)

Just kidding, don't drink beer that much anymore. Just give me a "Barrel o Wine" deal! Then they'd be talking! :)

I thought I read on a earlier thread about this that you can use the bag and dicount on future cruises as well.

That's what I was told by one of the cocktail servers on the Majesty pool deck.

I know someone on a Monarch B2B right now who will probably test it.

So can you continue to refill the bag for the entire trip @ 25.00

so as many refills as you want???

yes, ours was filled many times.We travelled with our friends, and when my DH bought our friend carried the bag and vice versa. They carried it proudly the entire cruise to. Also, the bar tender did try to refill with six beers but we corrected him and it was refilled with eight the rest of the time. I don't really think they know exactly what the deal was all about. There were many confused bar tenders over the bag deal!

Archived