If we drop 3rd person will they change our room?

Julzizzle

When you reserve/deposit a certain cabin..their not going to displace you. When you have a cabin that happens to have a sofabed they don't take it away from you just because someone else comes along at a later date that might need the space..First come first serve rule..and if RCI was in the practice of doing this, many cruisers would revolt..Rest assured, no one is going to take your hump away..;)

We are going to drop 3rd passenger from our FOS 10/17 cruise. We lucked out and got a hump balcony and I was wondering if they would make us change rooms now because this one was designated as a three person room!?? Thanks!

I just dropped a third person on an upcomming cruise on the Oasis, No Problem. Still have same cabin. I also have a hump Balcony.

They can certainly change your cabin without your consent.

Its even possible to not know until you board, Iv seen a few cases of this reported.

Probably not .. but they sure can change your cabin.

Hmmm :rolleyes:..Maybe when booking a Gty, but if they were in the practice of moving people around without them knowing it don't you think that would be a problem for those that book a particular cabin way in advance..I think RCI would have to do a lot of upgrades for those irate passengers !

I think RCL has the right to move two people out of a three person cabin ..but doesnt mean they would do it.

I have heard of people who got surprise upgrades when they walked on the ship. So, these people at least must not have been notified their cabin was changed.

Last month on Grandeur we booked me and my BF, and 4 of our (his/mine, not really "our") kids in 2 adjoining quad cabins. The 4 boys were booked no problem. Then when the rep went to book me and my BF in the other one, the computer would not allow her to do so; it insisted on having 3 people, as it was a quad cabin. She had to re-do the boys' room with just 3 of them, and then put one of them (for booking purposes only) into our room. It did not even matter that we were booking a total of 6, it would not allow a 4+2 combo; there HAD to be at least 3 in each cabin.

Based on that, I would be prepared for the possibility that if you drop the 3rd person from a triple or quad cabin, they MAY insist that you move to a double, in order to free up that cabin for a party of 3 or more, which is very reasonable, IMHO. Obviously I can't say for sure, but I would at least be prepared for that possibility. If it is close to sail date, and/or they have plenty of available triple/quad cabins, it is probably less likely.

Archived