Reflection- 5th S Class

greeneg

There's an extra row of staterooms on each deck of Silhouette compared to the first 3 in this class.

I think I mis- understood this post when it was made-- Is this true?

That would up the numbers of pax.. have to check the deck plans!

I think I mis- understood this post when it was made-- Is this true?

That would up the numbers of pax.. have to check the deck plans!

Yep, it's true. For easy reference look at where 1663 is on Eclipse vs. Silhouette (Penthouse Deck).

Yeah well the length listed is a mistake because she is not actually longer, she is going to be the same as the other sisters, 317.20 meters. The extra rooms are going to be added to the end of each of the upper balcony decks which will only make the upper superstructure stick out by a few more feet. Because this is above, and the stern is below and aft of this the length of the ship is not affected because the addition will not go past the block area where the Blu and Tuscan Grille restaurants are...It will still be above and forward of this area, just not as far forward as Solstice, Equinox, and Eclipse.

The Celebrity website -

Silhouette

SI_ship_facts.jpg

Celebrity Silhouette

Facts

Occupancy: 2886Tonnage: 122400Length: 1146 FT Beam: 121 FT Draught: 27 FT Cruise Speed: 24 KTS Inaugural Date: Jul 23, 2011

Features

High design. To the power of four. In 2011, Celebrity Silhouette joins our award-winning Celebrity Solstice Class, delivering the same cosmopolitan style that has made her sister ships famous, from stunning interior spaces to sweeping veranda views in 85% of staterooms.

______________________________ ______________________________ _______________________________ ___________________________

Solstice

SL_ship_facts.jpg

Celebrity Solstice

Facts

Occupancy: 2850Tonnage: 122000Length: 1033 FT Beam: 121 FT Draught: 27 FT Cruise Speed: 24 KTS Inaugural Date: Nov 23, 2008

Features

As you stroll among the expansive decks, you'll experience the rich color palettes illuminated by beautiful natural light, and revel in the extensive amenities-all delivered with the attentive service for which Celebrity Solstice is built around you and the way you long to travel. Voyage with us, on the newest of our Solstice-class of ships, and discover a refined level of elegance-an unrivaled experience making a distinctive statement of style and design.

Any particular "new features" you would like to see.

Anybody else want to chime in.

Oh..oh...oh I know...

How about water slides on the top deck :D

Maybe they can add a zipline from the stack to the bow too :eek:

Oh..wait I have a brillant idea...how about a separate toilet and shower so that the sink can be placed in the room?

Oh yeah .... I forgot ..... those ideas have already been done before....

Never mind.....:o

All kidding aside how about a 16 hour deli on board - something like a Subway. It would serve breakfast sandwiches in the morning and subs/fresh sandwiches in the afternoon and pizza until midnight as well.

It could also have custom made salads! You'd only need 2 people to run it - like a Subway.

Call it Xpress - have it Your way! :cool:

Although I'm sure the higher-ups at Celebrity have known the Reflections name for a while, Celebrity seems to like "officially" announcing ship's names during these type of events.

I had the opportunity of informing the officers on board Summit on the 24th after getting my email notice. Everyone had been kept in the dark... :rolleyes:

Very interesting re: the new specs on the Silhouette and Reflection. I had no idea they would be longer than the other three ships. The S-class ships already feel so much more spacious than their Princess/HAL counterparts, I trust that this adjustment won't adversely impact that feeling. I, too, am intrigued by the new additions alluded to in the press release. I did wonder where they would put all that new "stuff", but the longer ship answered that question!

Very interesting re: the new specs on the Silhouette and Reflection. I had no idea they would be longer than the other three ships. The S-class ships already feel so much more spacious than their Princess/HAL counterparts, I trust that this adjustment won't adversely impact that feeling. I, too, am intrigued by the new additions alluded to in the press release. I did wonder where they would put all that new "stuff", but the longer ship answered that question!

The first three S class ships which are 1033 feet long hold 2,850 passengers. The 4 Super-Grand Princess ships hold 3,100 passengers and are 951 feet long. Do the math. And the final two S class ships will be as long as the RCI Freedom class but hold less then 2,900 passengers.

As the long as the pricing is reasonable we will be aboard the Silhouette when it sails from Beautiful Downtown Bayonne :D:eek::D in 2011.

[quote name='The Big Booper']The first three S class ships which are 1033 feet long hold 2,850 passengers. The 4 Super-Grand Princess ships hold 3,100 passengers and are 951 feet long. Do the math. And the final two S class ships will be as long as the RCI Freedom class but hold less then 2,900 passengers.

As the long as the pricing is reasonable we will be aboard the Silhouette when it sails from Beautiful Downtown Bayonne :D:eek::D in 2011.[/quote]

Yes, I know that the S-class ships are longer, and bigger. I have sailed the S-class and Princess Super-Grands several times so am pretty well-acquainted with the ships and aware of the specs. ;) Ship layout, passenger flow, and number of passengers all significantly impact the feel of a ship. That's what I was getting at: the first 3 S-class ships feel so spacious and uncrowded, I'm sure Silhouette and Reflection will follow in that manner. Looking forward to sailing them.

Archived