Elite Elegant Tea dress code

Senga

Now that jeans can be worn in the main dining room, are jackets still required for men attending the Elegant Tea?

I haven't attended the Elegant Tea -- I do the Elegant Wine. :D

I'm told, smart casual -- No shorts, no jeans, no flip-flops. Jackets are optional.

What is this event? by its name it sounds very nice. As it is only for Elite members, o senior officers attend?

Once each cruise they conduct an all out buffet in the MDR which is very similiar to the fancy midnight buffets that most cruise lines used to have. It is a very nice event and usually held late morning, early afternoon...

Once each cruise they conduct an all out buffet in the MDR which is very similiar to the fancy midnight buffets that most cruise lines used to have. It is a very nice event and usually held late morning, early afternoon...

Don;)...are you sure:confused: the post is about the Elegant Tea.....I think

your post was thinking "Brunch".....

The Elegant Tea is usually held at 4:00pm.

The Brunch and Elegant Tea are 2 different events. The Elegant Tea was for Elite members on our recent cruise, on the invitation we received it stated:

"Smart Casual and above" It was held in Murano's on the last sea day at 3:30 pm, it was very nice, I am glad we went!

I certainly have not heard of jeans being allowed in the MDR, that was not the case on our cruise last month.

I was on the Solstice and attended the elegant tea. It was open to everyone not just elite members. I had no idea there was a dress code. I saw many people going in with bathing suites, flip flops, shorts, etc.. I had on nice shorts with pockets and a collar shirt. They were letting everyone in dressed all sorts of ways. As I was entering one of the waiters stopped me and told me i could not come in with shorts. Everyone else was let in though including my wife who was wearing shorts. I just waited until that waiter went away and joined my wife inside. Tunrs out we did not like the elegant tea and walked out in the middle of it. Was not for us.

The Brunch and Elegant Tea are 2 different events. The Elegant Tea was for Elite members on our recent cruise, on the invitation we received it stated:

"Smart Casual and above" It was held in Murano's on the last sea day at 3:30 pm, it was very nice, I am glad we went!

I certainly have not heard of jeans being allowed in the MDR, that was not the case on our cruise last month.

It looks like 3 different events are being discussed in this thread:

- the brunch in the main dining room for all

- the elegant tea in the main dining room for all

- the elegant tea by invitation in the specialty restaurant

As previously verified, jeans are allowed in the MDR on smart casual nights.

The prevalence of jeans may vary with the itinerary, since some people say they saw them and others said they didn't. It is also possible that some may simply not have noticed them. When seated in the dining room, nobody sees what you are wearing (or not wearing) under the table. :eek:

Isn't the allowance of smart casual dress at an event entitled "Elegant" kind of an oxymoron?

In the "olden days" they didn't even have to tell anyone what to wear to an event called "elegant" or "formal". They could actually figure it out themselves.;)

In the "olden days" they didn't even have to tell anyone what to wear to an event called "elegant" or "formal". They could actually figure it out themselves.;)

It's been some time since we sailed together and, having met you on a few cruises and finding you a lovely person, I'm sure there was no insult intended in your response. This will be our 26th Celebrity cruise and we have previously been able to "actually figure it out ourselves" but so much has changed since March 2009 so I posted just to make sure Willie doesn't have to take a sports jacket and tie for this one event which is what he has always worn previously to the Elite Elegant Tea. He's still taking his tuxedo for formal nights!

Archived