New Dining Room Breakfast Menu

Krazy Kruizers

[quote name='jkrislc']Thanks again, KK.

We never made it to the MDR on the Oo in May, but I printed this out so that I could write in a couple of items on the room service hanger for breakfast.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Sometimes you have to wait until the main dining room opens (main kitchen opens) to order certain hot items not on the cabin breakfast menu -- like the eggs benedict.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Eating breakfast in my kitchen this AM, but looking forward to all these goodies in 13 days on Maasdam. Actually, I usually only eat oatmeal for breakfast and then every cruise treat myself at least once to a chocolate croissant. I don't like breakfast in the Lido. Too noisy for me.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Sometimes you have to wait until the main dining room opens (main kitchen opens) to order certain hot items not on the cabin breakfast menu -- like the eggs benedict.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I am aware of that, but thanks for pointing it out for those that might not know.

[quote name='mamaofami'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]I know, and I often have. We do more room service than MDR, but sometimes, especially on sea days, I like a change of pace.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/quote]

[B]DH won't do Lido breakfast. I try to get him there once a cruise and sometimes I succeed. :) Once is more than enough for me, though. [/B]
[B]I love egg white omelettes and whole grain toast/no butter. It's on the MDR menu (with goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes) but you can have anything in it you want. Delicious.[/B]

Breakfasts on HAL ships are tops, no matter where one eats. If I could eat breakfast for dinner, i would be one happy camper.

Thank you for the new menus. We noticed the addition of more international dishes on the recent Maasdam dinner menu as well. This is a good trend - more flavor, variety and better economics than the slab of meat/fish accompanying undistinguished sides options for dinner I found myself growing very weary of this last trip. The new flavor combo adventures and international offerings were very welcome.

Plus many countries have their big meal at midday and only lighter fare at night - again just the opposite of the Anglo-American dining tradition. (Ergo moving to only appetizers for main dinner entree items being an alternative for this dining preference.)

Keep it up Hal. Plus we are seeing more and more international passengers in larger groups as well, so this is good marketing positioning too to widen menu choices beyond the traditional Anglo-American offerings.

• 1 month later...
[B]Here is the menu:

New Dining Room Breakfast Menu (Also in the Pinnacle for Deluxe Suite Passengers)

Something Simple:
Cold Cereals: Cornflakes - Cherrios - Special K - Raisin Bran - Shredded Wheat - Rice Krispies - Frosted Flakes - Fruit loops - Granola - All Bran - Bran Flakes -- served with your choice of milk -- add sliced banana on request.

Breakfast Parfait - layers of creamy Greek yogurt, fresh berries and granola

Hot Cereals: Old-Fashioned Oatmeal - Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal - Cream of Wheat - Creamy Grits -- served with sliced banana, raisins, brown sugar, maple syrup, milk, or half & half on request

Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich - scrambles egg and Cheddar cheese served on a toasted English muffin. Add sausage patty, hickory smoked bacon or ham slice on request.

Bagel and Lox - a freshly toasted bagel served with slices of cold smoked salmon, cream cheese, sliced onion and capers.

Greenhouse Spa Selections:
Cottage Cheese and Fresh Fruit - a small bowl of creamy cottage cheese lightly dusted with cinnamon, served with your choice of sliced banana, strawberries, blueberries or diced melon.

Swiss-Style Muesli - a mixture of low fat yogurt, fresh fruit, milk, toasted hazel-nuts, oatmeal and honey.

Frittata Italiana - healthy without sacrificing flavor, egg whites combined with low-fat cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil, then lightly baked and served with whole grain toast.

International Classics:
All American Breakfast - two jumbo eggs, cooked to order, served with hash browns, hickory smoked bacon or sausage and toast.

Eggs Benedict - toasted English muffins, layered with Canadian bacon, two poached eggs and hollandaise sauce.

Eggs Royal - toasted English muffins, smoked salmon and two poached eggs with creamy hollandaise sauce.

Eggs Florentine - toasted English muffins, topped with sauteed spinach and two poached eggs draped with hollandaise sauce.

Corned Beef Hash and Eggs - home-made corned beef hash topped with two eggs cooked to order and served with a side of toast.

Kippered Herring - served with two scrambled eggs and smothered onions.

Dutch Breakfast - the Uitmijter, a classic open-faced sandwich with thick white bread, sliced ham, Gouda, and two eggs sunny side up.

Japanese Breakfast - hot miso soup, steamed white rice, tamagoyaki and boiled salmon served with a cup of hot green tea.

The Full English Breakfast - two jumbo eggs scrambled, English banger sausage, English back bacon, baked beans, hash browns and a grilled half tomato.

Scandinavian Breakfast - smoked salmon and pickled herring, served with hard-boiled egg and slices of dark rye bread.

Three Egg Omelets:
All omelets are served with hash browns and toast. Egg whites or egg substitute available on request.

Denver Omelet - green bell pepper, onion, ham and a mixture of Cheddar, Monterey Jack and Swiss cheese.

Garden Vegetable Omelet - tender asparagus, sauteed spinach, diced tomato and sliced button mushrooms with creamy goat cheese.

Southwest Omelet - diced sweet roasted bell peppers, tomato, green onion, and Monterey Jack cheese, topped with avocado, sour cream and fresh salsa.

My Choice Omelet - build your own omelet with any of the following: ham, bacon, sausage, smoked salmon, mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, asparagus, Cheddar, Jack, Swiss, goat or Gruyere cheese.

Hot Off the Griddle:
Belgium Waffle - thick, crisp Belgium waffle topped with your choice of warm strawberries, apple-cinnamon or plum compote.

Cinnamon-Sugar French Toast - thick slices of egg bread French toast, dusted with cinnamon-sugar. Served with whipped butter and hot maple syrup.

Stack of Pancakes - three fluffy pancakes stacked high. your choice of buttermilk, banana or blueberry. Served with whipped butter and hot maple syrup.

From the Bakery: toast - English Muffin - Bagel - Roll

Baked Fresh Daily: Butter Croissant - Chocolate Croissant - Raisin Bun - Cheese Danish - Fruit Danish - Danish of the Day - Blueberry Muffin - Muffin of the Day - Coffee Cake. Served with butter, margarine, jam, jelly honey, Nutella or cream cheese on request. Fresh baked sugar-free pastries upon request.

On the Side:
Hickory Smoked Bacon - English Bangers - Pork Sausage Links or Patty - Carved Honey Glazed Ham - Corned Beef Hash - Turkey Bacon - Turkey Sausage links - Morningstar Farms Vegi Links - Hash Browns.

Fruits and Yogurts: Fresh Fruit Plate - Half Grapefruit - Sliced Banana - Stewed Prunes, Apricots or Kadota Figs - Assorted Yogurts

Beverages: Coffee - Tea - Decaffeinated Coffee and Tea - Whole, Low Fat and Skim Milk - Chocolate Milk - Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice - Apple Juice - Cranberry Juice - Grapefruit juice - Grape Juice - Pineapple Juice - Prune Juice - Tomato Juice - V-8

[originally posted by KK]

I can't swear to it, but I think I saw Clamato on the Rotterdam on my 2010 Alaska cruise. IIRC it was on the Bloody Mary bar that was set up on the Lido deck by the pool in the mornings. I know it is used to make a variant of a bloody mary but can't think of the cocktail's name off hand. So those of you who asked about it might want to check the bar.

[quote name='sail7seas'][B]Here is the menu:

New Dining Room Breakfast Menu (Also in the Pinnacle for Deluxe Suite Passengers)

Something Simple:
Cold Cereals: Cornflakes - Cherrios - Special K - Raisin Bran - Shredded Wheat - Rice Krispies - Frosted Flakes - Fruit loops - Granola - All Bran - Bran Flakes -- served with your choice of milk -- add sliced banana on request.

Breakfast Parfait - layers of creamy Greek yogurt, fresh berries and granola

Hot Cereals: Old-Fashioned Oatmeal - Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal - Cream of Wheat - Creamy Grits -- served with sliced banana, raisins, brown sugar, maple syrup, milk, or half & half on request

Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich - scrambles egg and Cheddar cheese served on a toasted English muffin. Add sausage patty, hickory smoked bacon or ham slice on request.

Bagel and Lox - a freshly toasted bagel served with slices of cold smoked salmon, cream cheese, sliced onion and capers.

Greenhouse Spa Selections:
Cottage Cheese and Fresh Fruit - a small bowl of creamy cottage cheese lightly dusted with cinnamon, served with your choice of sliced banana, strawberries, blueberries or diced melon.

Swiss-Style Muesli - a mixture of low fat yogurt, fresh fruit, milk, toasted hazel-nuts, oatmeal and honey.

Frittata Italiana - healthy without sacrificing flavor, egg whites combined with low-fat cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil, then lightly baked and served with whole grain toast.

International Classics:
All American Breakfast - two jumbo eggs, cooked to order, served with hash browns, hickory smoked bacon or sausage and toast.

Eggs Benedict - toasted English muffins, layered with Canadian bacon, two poached eggs and hollandaise sauce.

Eggs Royal - toasted English muffins, smoked salmon and two poached eggs with creamy hollandaise sauce.

Eggs Florentine - toasted English muffins, topped with sauteed spinach and two poached eggs draped with hollandaise sauce.

Corned Beef Hash and Eggs - home-made corned beef hash topped with two eggs cooked to order and served with a side of toast.

Kippered Herring - served with two scrambled eggs and smothered onions.

Dutch Breakfast - the Uitmijter, a classic open-faced sandwich with thick white bread, sliced ham, Gouda, and two eggs sunny side up.

Japanese Breakfast - hot miso soup, steamed white rice, tamagoyaki and boiled salmon served with a cup of hot green tea.

The Full English Breakfast - two jumbo eggs scrambled, English banger sausage, English back bacon, baked beans, hash browns and a grilled half tomato.

Scandinavian Breakfast - smoked salmon and pickled herring, served with hard-boiled egg and slices of dark rye bread.

Three Egg Omelets:
All omelets are served with hash browns and toast. Egg whites or egg substitute available on request.

Denver Omelet - green bell pepper, onion, ham and a mixture of Cheddar, Monterey Jack and Swiss cheese.

Garden Vegetable Omelet - tender asparagus, sauteed spinach, diced tomato and sliced button mushrooms with creamy goat cheese.

Southwest Omelet - diced sweet roasted bell peppers, tomato, green onion, and Monterey Jack cheese, topped with avocado, sour cream and fresh salsa.

My Choice Omelet - build your own omelet with any of the following: ham, bacon, sausage, smoked salmon, mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, asparagus, Cheddar, Jack, Swiss, goat or Gruyere cheese.

Hot Off the Griddle:
Belgium Waffle - thick, crisp Belgium waffle topped with your choice of warm strawberries, apple-cinnamon or plum compote.

Cinnamon-Sugar French Toast - thick slices of egg bread French toast, dusted with cinnamon-sugar. Served with whipped butter and hot maple syrup.

Stack of Pancakes - three fluffy pancakes stacked high. your choice of buttermilk, banana or blueberry. Served with whipped butter and hot maple syrup.

From the Bakery: toast - English Muffin - Bagel - Roll

Baked Fresh Daily: Butter Croissant - Chocolate Croissant - Raisin Bun - Cheese Danish - Fruit Danish - Danish of the Day - Blueberry Muffin - Muffin of the Day - Coffee Cake. Served with butter, margarine, jam, jelly honey, Nutella or cream cheese on request. Fresh baked sugar-free pastries upon request.

On the Side:
Hickory Smoked Bacon - English Bangers - Pork Sausage Links or Patty - Carved Honey Glazed Ham - Corned Beef Hash - Turkey Bacon - Turkey Sausage links - Morningstar Farms Vegi Links - Hash Browns.

Fruits and Yogurts: Fresh Fruit Plate - Half Grapefruit - Sliced Banana - Stewed Prunes, Apricots or Kadota Figs - Assorted Yogurts

Beverages: Coffee - Tea - Decaffeinated Coffee and Tea - Whole, Low Fat and Skim Milk - Chocolate Milk - Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice - Apple Juice - Cranberry Juice - Grapefruit juice - Grape Juice - Pineapple Juice - Prune Juice - Tomato Juice - V-8

[originally posted by KK][/QUOTE]
I was just wondering if this menu is only on specific ships? It sounds wonderful!!

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]New Dining Room Breakfast Menu (Also in the Pinnacle for Deluxe Suite Passengers)[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Something Simple:[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Cold Cereals: Cornflakes - Cherrios - Special K - Raisin Bran - Shredded Wheat - Rice Krispies - Frosted Flakes - Fruit loops - Granola - All Bran - Bran Flakes -- served with your choice of milk -- add sliced banana on request.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Breakfast Parfait - layers of creamy Greek yogurt, fresh berries and granola[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Hot Cereals: Old-Fashioned Oatmeal - Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal - Cream of Wheat - Creamy Grits -- served with sliced banana, raisins, brown sugar, maple syrup, milk, or half & half on request[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich - scrambles egg and Cheddar cheese served on a toasted English muffin. Add sausage patty, hickory smoked bacon or ham slice on request.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Bagel and Lox - a freshly toasted bagel served with slices of cold smoked salmon, cream cheese, sliced onion and capers.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Greenhouse Spa Selections:[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Cottage Cheese and Fresh Fruit - a small bowl of creamy cottage cheese lightly dusted with cinnamon, served with your choice of sliced banana, strawberries, blueberries or diced melon.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Swiss-Style Muesli - a mixture of low fat yogurt, fresh fruit, milk, toasted hazel-nuts, oatmeal and honey.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Frittata Italiana - healthy without sacrificing flavor, egg whites combined with low-fat cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil, then lightly baked and served with whole grain toast.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]International Classics:[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]All American Breakfast - two jumbo eggs, cooked to order, served with hash browns, hickory smoked bacon or sausage and toast.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Eggs Benedict - toasted English muffins, layered with Canadian bacon, two poached eggs and hollandaise sauce.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Eggs Royal - toasted English muffins, smoked salmon and two poached eggs with creamy hollandaise sauce.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Eggs Florentine - toasted English muffins, topped with sauteed spinach and two poached eggs draped with hollandaise sauce.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Corned Beef Hash and Eggs - home-made corned beef hash topped with two eggs cooked to order and served with a side of toast.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Kippered Herring - served with two scrambled eggs and smothered onions.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Dutch Breakfast - the Uitmijter, a classic open-faced sandwich with thick white bread, sliced ham, Gouda, and two eggs sunny side up.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Japanese Breakfast - hot miso soup, steamed white rice, tamagoyaki and boiled salmon served with a cup of hot green tea.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]The Full English Breakfast - two jumbo eggs scrambled, English banger sausage, English back bacon, baked beans, hash browns and a grilled half tomato.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Scandinavian Breakfast - smoked salmon and pickled herring, served with hard-boiled egg and slices of dark rye bread.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Three Egg Omelets:[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]All omelets are served with hash browns and toast. Egg whites or egg substitute available on request.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Denver Omelet - green bell pepper, onion, ham and a mixture of Cheddar, Monterey Jack and Swiss cheese.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Garden Vegetable Omelet - tender asparagus, sauteed spinach, diced tomato and sliced button mushrooms with creamy goat cheese.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Southwest Omelet - diced sweet roasted bell peppers, tomato, green onion, and Monterey Jack cheese, topped with avocado, sour cream and fresh salsa.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]My Choice Omelet - build your own omelet with any of the following: ham, bacon, sausage, smoked salmon, mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, asparagus, Cheddar, Jack, Swiss, goat or Gruyere cheese.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Hot Off the Griddle:[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Belgium Waffle - thick, crisp Belgium waffle topped with your choice of warm strawberries, apple-cinnamon or plum compote.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Cinnamon-Sugar French Toast - thick slices of egg bread French toast, dusted with cinnamon-sugar. Served with whipped butter and hot maple syrup.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Stack of Pancakes - three fluffy pancakes stacked high. your choice of buttermilk, banana or blueberry. Served with whipped butter and hot maple syrup.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]From the Bakery: toast - English Muffin - Bagel - Roll[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Baked Fresh Daily: Butter Croissant - Chocolate Croissant - Raisin Bun - Cheese Danish - Fruit Danish - Danish of the Day - Blueberry Muffin - Muffin of the Day - Coffee Cake. Served with butter, margarine, jam, jelly honey, Nutella or cream cheese on request. Fresh baked sugar-free pastries upon request.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]On the Side: [/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Hickory Smoked Bacon - English Bangers - Pork Sausage Links or Patty - Carved Honey Glazed Ham - Corned Beef Hash - Turkey Bacon - Turkey Sausage links - Morningstar Farms Vegi Links - Hash Browns.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Fruits and Yogurts: Fresh Fruit Plate - Half Grapefruit - Sliced Banana - Stewed Prunes, Apricots or Kadota Figs - Assorted Yogurts[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Beverages: Coffee - Tea - Decaffeinated Coffee and Tea - Whole, Low Fat and Skim Milk - Chocolate Milk - Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice - Apple Juice - Cranberry Juice - Grapefruit juice - Grape Juice - Pineapple Juice - Prune Juice - Tomato Juice - V-8[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/QUOTE]

I have a question: What are English Bangers?

Once each week DH tried to order the Kippered Herring -- didn't have it either week on the Ryndam.

No wonder - it probably stunk up the whole kitchen. My Grandma used to cook it once in a while & it stunk up the whole house for hours.:(

Archived