Radiance plumbing problems?

39august

Probably a result of similar actions to some YouTube videos I recently saw. In one, two kids probably being filmed by a parent exuded great joy at flushing a whole roll of toilet paper by continuously flushing while holding the roll and watching it unroll down he toilet

In the other, a grown man was flushing croissants. Seriously...who does that?

Probably a result of similar actions to some YouTube videos I recently saw. In one, two kids probably being filmed by a parent exuded great joy at flushing a whole roll of toilet paper by continuously flushing while holding the roll and watching it unroll down he toilet

In the other, a grown man was flushing croissants. Seriously...who does that?

Idiots!

bplazo, I couldn't have said it better myself.

We were on the Radiance on our last cruise and it was in excellent shape and well maintained. Things happen on board, mainly because people are idiots and chose to play with the toilets. On a tour a couple years ago with the Chief Engineer of one of the ships he told us about all the things that they find flushed down the toilets. The biggest problems are believe it or not POOL TOWELS! Yes idiots actually flush the towels. Sad but true!

Wife and I were on oct 16/10 cruise and we unfortunately did have problems ! First time in 15 cruises on any of the 3 lines we've done. Toilets didn't work on 3 occasions and there were other cabins on our deck who had similar issues.

Now we don't let things like that bother us but when my wife turned on the tap and got a blast of gross brown water on her facecloth that was definitely a problem ! Never had that before ! So we just ran out of the cabin and hit the bar to try to forget about it !:D

We were on the Oct 9, 7-day outta Tampa and several in our group had leaking toilets including us. We were on various decks.

Yes, the funky smells were on some decks and areas. Hopefully dry dock will fix these issues. She really is a beautiful ship.

We were on the Oct 9, 7-day outta Tampa and several in our group had leaking toilets including us. We were on various decks.

Yes, the funky smells were on some decks and areas. Hopefully dry dock will fix these issues. She really is a beautiful ship.

I had forgotten, but we had to keep a very large towel on the floor of the bathroom for most of the cruise due to the water on the floor.

We were on the Radiance the 9th and 16th. We personally had no plumbing problems cabin 1556 or 1602. However many others did. We saw maintenance men working on various toilets in the hallways every day. People we spoke to on deck 9 said their neighbors had terrible problems with the toilet to the point that their toilet was backing up into the next cabin. We didn't hear that it spoiled anyones cruise at all and everyone had a good time despite this.

I had forgotten, but we had to keep a very large towel on the floor of the bathroom for most of the cruise due to the water on the floor.

Well, I had to use the towel on the floor also beause of all the water. However, I think that it was my fault because I was doing something wrong and water would just come cascading out of the shower when I turned the water on. Finally, figured it out on the last night.

Well, I had to use the towel on the floor also beause of all the water. However, I think that it was my fault because I was doing something wrong and water would just come cascading out of the shower when I turned the water on. Finally, figured it out on the last night.

What .. closed the curtain?

Radiance has had more than its share of toilet/sewer line problems, reportedly because of the material used for the pipes. There is a thread here that covers all the details. Some of the stories reported were quite gross.

Having said that, work has been ongoing for well over a year, and your chances of having an issue are very slim. I was on Radiance in March for 12 nts and did not directly or indirectly encounter an issue. And I'll be back on it in three weeks.

We were on the recent, one and only, seven day on the Radiance out of Tampa. When we got on board they advised us they had to change our room because of a "water problem" in our originaly scheduled room. During the cruise I observed several rooms with the door open and high speed fans running. Other than that, the Radiance was fantastic.

We were on the recent, one and only, seven day on the Radiance out of Tampa. When we got on board they advised us they had to change our room because of a "water problem" in our originaly scheduled room. During the cruise I observed several rooms with the door open and high speed fans running. Other than that, the Radiance was fantastic.

What deck were most of them on?

We got off the Radiance today (10/30) we had the plumbers at our cabin two separate times. We never called them but the the first time was because there was no hot water the second was because the bathtub wasn't draining. I did call once when we had no water pressure and was told they were working on the issue. We had full water pressure in about 15 minutes., I did notice the "funky" smell in the public bathrooms and brown water in one of the public wash rooms.

I almost forgot we were on deck 10 aft (1596)

I too was on the Radiance 10/9 cruise, on Deck 8 aft. Yes, we had the sewer smell from the toilet, but it really wasn't bad; only noticeable when you opened the lid to do your business. The shower drained very slowly, so at first we took very quick showers. But after I reported it, they fixed it right away, and we had no further problems.

Is Radiance still experiencing plumbing problems? I haven't seen anything lately about this. I know it was posted about a lot a few months ago.

We are just off the Radiance and other than one afternoon with brownish water from the bathroom tap, no incidents at all.

Archived