"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Nov 4, 2010

Radio

Hello everyone. . . We are back at Cruise Maryland at the Port of Baltimore. We pulled up to the pier by 8AM and the Express carry - off passengers started walking off by about 830AM. I should be off by about 11AM.

Boy the difference in the seas were welcome this morning when I woke up. . . We were still traveling at 20kts, but the water was calm, with no pitching and rolling.

I have the Daily Compass for each day to scan, and many more pics to post, so it make take a few day to complete it all. . . I will try to post a video of some of the rough seas we encountered also. . .

I really love cruising, and I love to post on Cruise Critic, so doing a “LIVE” post is the best of both worlds for me. . . I hope everyone enjoyed “our” trip, and when I get home, I will read all the posts again, and answer any questions I have missed. . .

I met a lot of nice Cruise Critic members while on board, and I hope to sail with many of you who have been following my posts. . .

Thanks for all of the nice comments, and thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Ahh. . What a difference a day makes. . .

SA1.JPG

We approach the Chesapeake bay Bridge

SA3.JPG

The sun is trying to come up as we approach the Twin spans of the Bay Bridge

SA2.JPG

The Francis Scott Key Bridge is a sign that we are almost home

SA5.JPG

The Baltimore skyline is a welcome sight

SA7.JPG

We made it back, all safe and secure. . . I want to cruise again !

SA6.JPG

Radio,

Thanks again for sharing your cruise with us. Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures when you get home and have time to post them. I really love reading all your live post and was particularly interested in seeing photos of the Enchantment. Thanks again.

Patty

Radio, thanks again for taking us along on your cruise. It sounds like it was just a little rough on the way back. Believe me we've been there and done that. I really enjoy reading your daily reviews and look forward to the next one.

Theresa

Radio, how many internet minutes did you use? Did you use up your 500 minutes? I have a cabin across the hall from the Internet Cafe on the Dec. 6th sailing. Hope I can pick-up the Wi Fi.

Thanks for all the great posts!

Well, I used all 500 Minutes. . . Plus I used the $100 of Free Internet that I won at the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle (Thanks Cruise Critic) !

I gues I used about 90 minutes per day. . . I did't need it but I had it to use.

When I boarded , I bought the $150 pkg (500 min) Thinking back, I could have used much less. . . bit I din't know at the time of purchase that I would win $100 Internet the next day !

Radio

;);)

Thank you for your wonderful Live posting. As always, your pictures are beautiful and informative. Love all your pictures; the pictures of the market on Labadee and the zip line and coaster make it feel like we're right there. Great to know what to expect in 35 days from now. Your information is invaluable. Thanks for taking the time, I know it is a huge (but wonderful and exciting) committment.

Hope to see you on board some day!

I LOVE this picture, Radio! Absolutely gorgeous.

The sun is trying to come up as we approach the Twin spans of the Bay Bridge

SA2.JPG

Well, I used all 500 Minutes. . . Plus I used the $100 of Free Internet that I won at the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle (Thanks Cruise Critic) !

I guess I used about 90 minutes per day. . . I didn't need it but I had it to use.

When I boarded , I bought the $150 pkg (500 min) Thinking back, I could have used much less. . . bit I didn't know at the time of purchase that I would win $100 Internet the next day !

Radio

I can't believe that they gave out something of REAL VALUE at your Meet 'n' Mingle!

Wanna trade for the plastic box of thumb tacks, paper clips and rubber bands that I won on the Mariner? ;) :eek: :rolleyes:

I can't believe that they gave out something of REAL VALUE at your Meet 'n' Mingle!

If they were smart, they'd give him about a hundred minutes a day for free... on every cruise he takes! Who can possibly count the number of cruises these LIVE posts have sold for them.

Theron

If they were smart, they'd give him about a hundred minutes a day for free... on every cruise he takes! Who can possibly count the number of cruises these LIVE posts have sold for them.

Theron

That's so true!!! His posts convinced me to give Royal a try. I appreciate all the effort he goes through.

I LOVE this picture, Radio! Absolutely gorgeous.

Wanna trade for the plastic box of thumb tacks, paper clips and rubber bands that I won on the Mariner?

Ha Ha. . .I won the same tacks on Freedom in Aug 2009 !

They also gave away a free Chops for 2 Coupon !

Radio

;);)

I was able to dig up a few photos that I searched for back in 2005.

I toured the Enchantment for a 1 Night CTN in Philadelphia, so I did alot of research on the contruction project.

Here are some of the pics. . . I found them fascinating. . .

The addition was construccted by Aker Finnyards. . .

Radio

;)

Enchantment in drydock ready for addition

S7.jpg

Midsection on Barge

V3.jpg

Midsection Close Up

V2.jpg

Enchantment addition arrives at dockyard

P4.jpg

Enchantment addition ready to be added

V1.jpg

(All images courtesy of Roger van der Kraan)

here are a few more. . .

Radio

;)

Midsection at Drydock after split.

T2.jpg

Image courtesy of Roger van der Kraan

Midsection in place

S11.jpg

Midsection Detail

S12.jpg

Wide view of Enchantment in Dockyard

P8.jpg

Completed Enchantment of the Seas

S10.jpg

Image Courtesy of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd

That's so true!!! His posts convinced me to give Royal a try. I appreciate all the effort he goes through.

Thanks for the nice comments. . . I enjoy doing the "LIVE" posts. . .

Radio

;);)

Thank you for your wonderful Live posting. As always, your pictures are beautiful and informative. Love all your pictures; the pictures of the market on Labadee and the zip line and coaster make it feel like we're right there. Great to know what to expect in 35 days from now. Your information is invaluable. Thanks for taking the time, I know it is a huge (but wonderful and exciting) committment.

Hope to see you on board some day!

thanks you for the very nice comments. . . . When are you sailing on Explorer ?

I will be sailing on Explorer or Enchantment late January 2011. . .:D

Radio

;);)

Radio

;);)

Archived