"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Nov 4, 2010

Radio

thanks you for the very nice comments. . . . When are you sailing on Explorer ?

I will be sailing on Explorer or Enchantment late January 2011. . .

Radio

;);)

Radio

;);)

In 35 days! 14 nts on board! I can NOT wait! :D There is a small handful of cabins left, I bet one has your name on it!! :)

In 35 days! 14 nts on board! I can NOT wait! :D There is a small handful of cabins left, I bet one has your name on it!! :)

Ha ha. . No Dec sailing for me. . . I must wait until January !

Hmmm. . . Now I have to decide

Enchantment 9 Nights. . . Same Ship , different itinerary

Explorer 9 Nights . . . Nicer Ship, same itinerary as this cruise. . .

Decisions, decisions :o

Radio

;);)

Radio

;);)

Go on the Explorer Radio. Even though it is the same itinerary, i hope you will have better weather and enjoy your ports of call more.

Hi Radio. Wonderful review. I love your live reports. We had the same decision to make.......Enchantment out of Baltimore or Explorer out of Jersey. We chose Explorer because we have already done the Florida/Bahamas itinerary on Pride out of Baltimore twice. So we are on the January 28th cruise on Explorer............PICK THAT ONE!!!!!!!

Radio -

Thanks for all the work you do on these great photo-essays on cruising. We are going with CruiseDiva (Stacey K.) on the 14 night Explorer holiday sailing.

As a special bonus, I loved the construction photos of the Enchantment (the "other" EOS). We sailed it to New England in Sept 2005, right after the stretch. And the semi-fisheye after the new section was rolled in - terrific. (As a 60 + person, I refuse to use the favorite word of the OMG generation - "awesome" :D)

I LOVE this picture, Radio! Absolutely gorgeous.

I can't believe that they gave out something of REAL VALUE at your Meet 'n' Mingle!

Wanna trade for the plastic box of thumb tacks, paper clips and rubber bands that I won on the Mariner? ;) :eek: :rolleyes:

LOL...........great prize! LOL We won a bottle of champaign once on the Radiance but we don't really like champaign so we gave it away.....LOL Would have drank it if it were wine. On our more recent cruises, the prizes were pretty lame.

Patty

Ha ha. . No Dec sailing for me. . . I must wait until January !

Radio

;);)

Radio, how about the 14-night cruise on the Explorer Jan 2nd. Great itinerary.

Thanks for the ride & all the information........never felt those rough seas, hope it's the same for us in jan.

If you could tell us how MTD worked, waiting, times you went, table 4 two, etc. it would be much appreciated.

Also, crowded places. Seems everyone says it's so crowded since the stretch in Windjammer & Theater. How was the Solariam?

Thanks in advance & again, thanks for the ride........

We are heading out in February and this has by far been the best resource I have found for not only this, but any cruise ship. Your passion for this is amazing. You should write a book or even start your own website, we will all support you!!!

Thanks for your commitment, the great info, and the awesome pics :)

I would like you to help me in deciding what cruise to book: Enchantment of the seas from Baltimore on 27 th December (12 days) or Celebrity Mercury from Baltimore on 20th December (14 days). We are a couple (49/41) with two children (23/20). I am concerned about Mercury since she was built in 1997. Does she look aged?. What do you recommend us?

I would like you to help me in deciding what cruise to book: Enchantment of the seas from Baltimore on 27 th December (12 days) or Celebrity Mercury from Baltimore on 20th December (14 days). We are a couple (49/41) with two children (23/20). I am concerned about Mercury since she was built in 1997. Does she look aged?. What do you recommend us?

I would check out the Celebrity board and see what folks are saying about the Mercury and see if it's a good fit for you.

It looks like the itineraries are a close match and if the price isn't too far off from each other I'd go for the 14 day cruise (because I love to cruise and if it's only a $100 difference go for it :D).

Congrats on whichever one you choose. I leave in less than 2 weeks on the Enchantment.

DW and I were on the Enchantment in Sep on a Canada/New England cruise and were in the Mercury in Oct on a Panama Canal cruise from San Diego to Baltimore. It was our first Celebrity cruise. It seemed that we got more personal attention on board the Mercury. Thier buffet had many different stations such as an English, an Indian, a pasta, a stir-fry. etc. Don't get us wrong we really enjoy RCI but we would book again on the Mercury if she weren't leaving Baltimore. She is in good shape although some things are not being updated, because she is going to re-fitted for the German populance as she is being transferred to Royal's German line.

Radio,

As usual great "Live" post. The pictures and commentary are wonderful. I ahve one question though. In Samana, D.R. are there shops and stuff around the port, or is this a place where you need to do a tour?

Thanks for your feedback.

There are only a few cabs, and Tour vehicle at the Tender Pier. There is one small souveneir shop at the Samana Marina right at the Tender Pier.

It is only a few blocks to get to any shopping areas. . .

Radio

;);)

Thanks for the ride & all the information........never felt those rough seas, hope it's the same for us in jan.

If you could tell us how MTD worked, waiting, times you went, table 4 two, etc. it would be much appreciated.

Also, crowded places. Seems everyone says it's so crowded since the stretch in Windjammer & Theater. How was the Solariam?

Thanks in advance & again, thanks for the ride........

My advice is to go right to the Deck 5 (Starboard Side) Entrance to the MDR when you board Enchantment. The Head Waiter, (Kirat Athaide "Kit Kat") will assist you with any request.

There are many table for two's in the MTD area, so will have no worries. I obly had to wait on one evening for about 10 minutes. . .

It went very well, and I highly recommend MTD on Enchantment.

Radio

;);)

Hi Radio. Wonderful review. I love your live reports. We had the same decision to make.......Enchantment out of Baltimore or Explorer out of Jersey. We chose Explorer because we have already done the Florida/Bahamas itinerary on Pride out of Baltimore twice. So we are on the January 28th cruise on Explorer............PICK THAT ONE!!!!!!!

Hmmm. . . I'm almost there !

Radio

;);)

Not an answer but another fairly significant factor to consider in this choice is whether you want to spend Christmas Day on the ship or not. Some would love to, others would not.

Theron

did the MDR have a designated area for Diamond, for Breakfast? if yes, do you have any idea of what was offered?

for MTD, you say it is adviseable to show up at 7P ?

is this table for two, or are MTD seated with like-minded MTD ????

also, saw a post that stated the area of the added NewCabins included 7596 (next to forward-side of Library). I saw the cabin #'s you posted but 7596 wasn't included.

Your numbers were Very correct (smile).

Your posting-talents are Much Appreciated!

muchas gracias.

Hmmm. . . I'm almost there !

Radio

;);)

Hi Radio

I am trying to see the photos of the but a password is required (http://public.fotki.com/radio88/enchantment-of-the--1/). Can I see them?

We are a couple (49/41) with two children (22/20). We are trying to decide if book in Celebrity Mercury from Baltimore on 20th december (14 days) or Enchantment of the Seas on 27th december 2010 from Baltimore (12 days). Could you help me?

- I am concern with the age of the MERCURY. Is it an issue...Does she look old?

- The cabins of Enchantment of the seas looks nicer. Am I right?

- The cabins of Mercury (172) are bigger than EOS (154). Is it an issue?

- What about the entertainment?. Is Mercury a boring ship?

- What about the food?..12/14 days at sea are too much for a boring food

- I pretend to book a Oceanview for my wife and I and a Inside cabin for my children...Is there any chance to be upgraded?

So a lot of questions..the main question for me is if MERCURY looks aged, deteriorated..If you were me..what will be your choice without any doubt?

Thank you for your time!!!

Archived