Bad smells on the Celebrity Summit?

mavi36

We cruised the Summit out of SJ December 2016. It was the worst cruise ship we have been on. Smelled, dirty, we called twice to have our room sanitized, there seemed to be a sewage issue down the hall that they were working on during the whole cruise. Veranda dirty, drapes stained.

I really was prepared to rule out Celebrity but alas, I am on Edge!

Last chance Celebrity.

We just finished a cruise on the Summit last Sunday. One port morning there was a bad smell around the stair ways up to the Ocean View. I noticed that they had some type of fan/purifier operating outside the Ocean View. On our return to the ship in the afternoon the smell was gone. Other passengers commented on it as well. It was a sewerage type smell. It could possibly have originated from outside the ship/ Other than this small issue the Summit is a great ship and still in very good condition/

Please, please tell all your friends how bad it was, and enjoy any other line you'd like to be on. Leave celebrity to those of us idiots who just don't know no better...

You mean, “know any better.” Doesn’t make you or anyone else an idiot.

Just sharing my experience. Celebrity Soltice out of Alaska might have been the best cruise I have been on.

We were on the Summit in August- our room was forward on the 9th floor. We never smelled any sewage ever. We had a great time on a great ship with a super crew.

Dont know why some cruisers didn’t like the Summit. We hope to sail on her again!!

The best chef in the world can cook a bad meal. It happens. I am speaking of on week and one cabin I occupied during the life of the ship. Celebrity gets a do over, I don’t.

You mean, “know any better.” Doesn’t make you or anyone else an idiot.

Just sharing my experience. Celebrity Soltice out of Alaska might have been the best cruise I have been on.

No I meant "don't know no better." And i do hope you'll share your experience far and wide. The fewer folks buying Celebrity cabins the more likely we'll see prices stabilize.

Still not sure what you mean-- I've not heard of the "Soltice", but am glad it met your standards.

I wish to assure you that the smell was prevalent while en route between ports. I am not a Marine Engineer, but my guess is that the problem has to do with venting the gassss from the sewage tanks. They were finding their goodawful way to deck 6 midship starboard. I submitted a review to Cruise Critic and mentioned the smell issue but the review has not been approved to be posted yet by CC. If I can start a new post on the issue, I would be glad to do it.

I know this is a very old thread but when I read the title I thought to myself, FINALLY someone else smelled what we smelled!

We were in a RS on deck 6, starboard (aft). The night we left Bermuda we experienced the 'godawful' smell. We thought it had something to do with the fact that the ship and been docked for 3 days and had a ton of sewage to process.

The smell was so bad we could not go outside. We called to complain and they sent someone up who agreed that it did smell terrible but they couldn't do anything for us. But they did give us some $$ to be used for OBC on a future cruise. We would have been happier to be able to enjoy the balcony.

No I meant "don't know no better." And i do hope you'll share your experience far and wide. The fewer folks buying Celebrity cabins the more likely we'll see prices stabilize.

Still not sure what you mean-- I've not heard of the "Soltice", but am glad it met your standards.[/quote

Solstice...