Hangers ???

KROBI

Leaving on the Triumph 12/27/10, do we need to take hangers for our clothes??

I always pack extra hangars. There are quite a few in the closets...probably more than you would see in a hotel closet. But if you like to hang your nicer clothes, then I would pack some extra. I usually try to pack about 10-15 because I like to hang most of my clothes.

Your steward will handle all your needs.

Need more hangers? Ask and you shall receive!

Most always, yes. Although our steward on the Dream had a hard time finding them because it was the first cruise out, but he managed. I usually take a dozen of the dry cleaners wire hangers and then leave them when I come home.

I usually take a few extra metal hangers. I can bend the hook of the metal ones to make them work better in ship's closets. I don't always need to use ours, but they don't take much room or weigh much in my luggage so I take them, just in case.

NO WIRE HANGERS!

Joan Crawford - Mommie Dearest

I pack my own and leave them behind (wire hangers from the cleaners)...I don't like the built in closet hangers that you have to unlatch and there never seem to be enough.

I always pack extra hangars. There are quite a few in the closets...probably more than you would see in a hotel closet. But if you like to hang your nicer clothes, then I would pack some extra. I usually try to pack about 10-15 because I like to hang most of my clothes.

Leaving on the Triumph 12/27/10, do we need to take hangers for our clothes??

You asked if you need to bring hangers. The answer is no. There should be a sufficient quantity in your statement closet. If you need more, ask your steward.

If you want to bring hangers, that's your business, and a different question.

Why no wire hangers?

Although, I worked in the wardrobe department of a TV show once (just once was enough) and wire hangers are a HUGE no-no in the fashion world. They tend to "pull" shirts at the shoulders area creating these little indents (um... updents? That's not a word but they're not really indents since they stick out). Also, they can discolor lighter colored clothing. So, technically, Mommy Dearest wasn't all out of line on this particular issue. :p

Although, I worked in the wardrobe department of a TV show once (just once was enough) and wire hangers are a HUGE no-no in the fashion world. They tend to "pull" shirts at the shoulders area creating these little indents (um... updents? That's not a word but they're not really indents since they stick out). Also, they can discolor lighter colored clothing. So, technically, Mommy Dearest wasn't all out of line on this particular issue. :p

That makes sense. Thanks for the info.

Alcouple,

If you have never seen the movie Mommie Dearest with Joan Crawford, you wouldn't understand the line.

It is a very famous line from that movie. I have been known to say it myself when seeing wire coat hangers...LOL

Alcouple,

If you have never seen the movie Mommie Dearest with Joan Crawford, you wouldn't understand the line.

It is a very famous line from that movie. I have been known to say it myself when seeing wire coat hangers...LOL

Once again I'm lost in antiquity. Haven't seen the movie. Thanks.

Archived