Empty mouthwash bottles at Airport security

We'll be just happy to get the shirts. Meanwhile, you can get the one that says "Everyone has to do what I do because I am perfect". The OP asked for advice...not a lecture. Just saying...

Not perfect, never said I was, and if you noticed I said I thought they should allow wine to be brought onboard. It is just that nobody thinks it can happen to them... They threw off that couple for arguing so what is preventing them from suddenly enforcing their policy which states that you can be removed for smuggling alcohol. My motto is better safe than sorry. I am not about to throw away the $$$ already spent on an upcoming cruise to risk smuggling a few bucks worth of wine or liquor. With my luck I would be the first person kicked off!

The OP asked for advice...not a lecture. Just saying...

When one posts on a controversial subject, there will undoubtedly be opinions, lectures, advice, reprimand. It goes with the territory and is seen every day on these boards. No one said anything that hasn't been said before, don't you agree?

Too bad there isn't a rum-flavored mouthwash!

I have to be honest, I'm one of those people who don't think smuggling is truly worth the risk of getting penalized, thrown off, whatever. Having said that, what about using a small bottle of (imitation)rum extract? You could empty the extract, fill it with the real thing, and "seal" it to make it look unopened. If questioned, you could always say that you don't drink but do like the taste of rum and that you didn't think there would be any extract onboard. Also, some extracts(rum or not) come in "travel-size mouthwash-style" bottles. So, you could use those and just place mouthwash labels on them, or go under the pretense of needing/wanting specific extracts for your food.

Again, before I get lashed with wet noodles, I don't think it is necessarily worth the effort. Just get some while onboard.

When one posts on a controversial subject, there will undoubtedly be opinions, lectures, advice, reprimand. It goes with the territory and is seen every day on these boards. No one said anything that hasn't been said before, don't you agree?
Yes. I do agree with that. It's just sad that so many people seem to only post when they wish to reprimand someone because of something that they, personally, don't agree with. Sorry for my comment, but I can't help feeling bad for the person who just asks advice and gets shot down in flames. Happy cruising to you and everyone!

Yes. I do agree with that. It's just sad that so many people seem to only post when they wish to reprimand someone because of something that they, personally, don't agree with. Sorry for my comment, but I can't help feeling bad for the person who just asks advice and gets shot down in flames. Happy cruising to you and everyone!

FWIW, your t-shirt comment made me laugh :D

I'm always amazed by the people who need to smuggle booze on board. It's easy enough to order on board (bar, room service, dining room) and it doesn't cost more than a drink in the Chicago area (which people pay for when they go out to dinner, etc.). For those of you who want a cheaper drink, drink while on shore at a local bar. There is free booze at the Captain's party and at the loyalty parties. I guess I am amazed that so much energy and attention is focused on drinking. I go on cruises to explore new ports and to relax (not trying to be judgemental, just my personal choice). If I wanted to be buzzed, I's stay home and drink. Another personal obsrvation, If you need to drink that badly, you may need to take a good look at yourself and see if you have a problem. Don't flame me for this - it's not being offered in a nasty way. A fellow cruiser (one who introduced me and my family to cruising) was burried last month - seems her liver couldn't take her lifestyle. Hate to lose anyone else. (She left behind a son and exhusband. She'll never know her grandchildren.) I'm sure she had rum runners too. Just saying moderation and see if your focus is a little too focused.

I'm always amazed by the people who need to smuggle booze on board. It's easy enough to order on board (bar, room service, dining room) and it doesn't cost more than a drink in the Chicago area (which people pay for when they go out to dinner, etc.). For those of you who want a cheaper drink, drink while on shore at a local bar. There is free booze at the Captain's party and at the loyalty parties. I guess I am amazed that so much energy and attention is focused on drinking. I go on cruises to explore new ports and to relax (not trying to be judgemental, just my personal choice). If I wanted to be buzzed, I's stay home and drink. Another personal obsrvation, If you need to drink that badly, you may need to take a good look at yourself and see if you have a problem. Don't flame me for this - it's not being offered in a nasty way. A fellow cruiser (one who introduced me and my family to cruising) was burried last month - seems her liver couldn't take her lifestyle. Hate to lose anyone else. (She left behind a son and exhusband. She'll never know her grandchildren.) I'm sure she had rum runners too. Just saying moderation and see if your focus is a little too focused.

no flaming but some people enjoy having a drink in their cabin before dinner.I'm sure that in the Chicago area you don't go to a bar every time you want a drink or pay a bar to deliver a drink to your home.Most smugglers INHO enjoy their wares in the Cabin and still buy from bars.I'm a light drinker who enjoys a drink in the cabin before dinner

:cj

He got the water in a glass at the Windjammer and poured it in from there. NO he did not stick a dirty bottle under the tap - unlike some passengers who seem forget to get a new glass each time.

I've never seen these signs. Why does it matter, do you think germs climb up the water stream? As long as the container doesn't touch the water spout, who gives a rat's patoot? (and the portion that activates the water isn't a drinking portion. )

I have seen them confiscate water bottles as you get back on board the ships, if you are carrying it in your hand (even the ones they push you to buy as you leave the ship). Put it in your bag and they don't notice.

But seriously, if you take it off the ship you should be allowed back on with whatever you haven't drank.

As far as empty bottle being an issue... last cruise I took two plastic bourbon bottles in checked luggage that were empty except for a couple tablespoons of maple pancake syrup. As far as I know TSA never had a problem with that. At hotel I put in some hot water and had prefect looking decoys as a test. Put them on top of clothes (in plastic bag) in each suitcase so real easy to find by ship security. Luggage was in our cabin and bottles were too - as were the real bottles in the hidden compartment. :)

I've never seen these signs. Why does it matter, do you think germs climb up the water stream? As long as the container doesn't touch the water spout, who gives a rat's patoot? (and the portion that activates the water isn't a drinking portion. )

To put it in your own words. I, for one, give a rat's patoot. The signs are in the Windjammer as well as at dispensers around the pool. No...germs do not climb up the water stream, but the problem is that people DO have the sides of their personal water bottles touch the sides of the spout. In an enclosed space like a ship, that is surely one way that some diseases, such as norovirus, can be spread. Maybe you don't care about facts such as this, but I am sure that some people do. JMHO of course. Sorry to go off topic like this.

To put it in your own words. I, for one, give a rat's patoot. The signs are in the Windjammer as well as at dispensers around the pool. No...germs do not climb up the water stream, but the problem is that people DO have the sides of their personal water bottles touch the sides of the spout. In an enclosed space like a ship, that is surely one way that some diseases, such as norovirus, can be spread. Maybe you don't care about facts such as this, but I am sure that some people do. JMHO of course. Sorry to go off topic like this.

Yup, that could be one way. Another less obvious and overlooked germ culture?

Those food spoons in each tray in the Windjammer.

Each and every hand before you has touched those things to spoon out his or her food with their bare hand.

Do you now for sure they had clean hands?

Why do food prep people wear plastic gloves?

Next up: Sit at the table and pick up your french fries, sandwich, roll,cookie....etc. with that same bare hand.

Hmmm...... :eek: :eek:

Yes, we all enjoy a drink in the cabin before dinner and more during and after!! And at the Pool Bar and in Ports......!! I'm clearly in a minority but what is this apparent fixation with smuggling spirits in 'decoy' containers just to have a drink? It's staggering (no pun) that people who can afford to vacation well feel the need to be subversive and recount experiences which quite frankly, could be deemed shameful. What satisfaction is achieved by pouring out a drink from a plastic Listerine bottle and drinking it in your well-appointed cabin on your luxury ship?? In addition to all this, it's quite clear that the Hotel Director, Staff Captain and the Master would be quite within their rights to end your vacation before it starts - and for what? Oh yes, the vicarious thrill of a cheaper drink........Classy!!

Yes, we all enjoy a drink in the cabin before dinner and more during and after!! And at the Pool Bar and in Ports......!! I'm clearly in a minority but what is this apparent fixation with smuggling spirits in 'decoy' containers just to have a drink? It's staggering (no pun) that people who can afford to vacation well feel the need to be subversive and recount experiences which quite frankly, could be deemed shameful. What satisfaction is achieved by pouring out a drink from a plastic Listerine bottle and drinking it in your well-appointed cabin on your luxury ship?? In addition to all this, it's quite clear that the Hotel Director, Staff Captain and the Master would be quite within their rights to end your vacation before it starts - and for what? Oh yes, the vicarious thrill of a cheaper drink........Classy!!

take a chill pill,Dude :rolleyes:

:cj

Yup, that could be one way. Another less obvious and overlooked germ culture?

Those food spoons in each tray in the Windjammer.

Each and every hand before you has touched those things to spoon out his or her food with their bare hand.

Do you now for sure they had clean hands?

Why do food prep people wear plastic gloves?

Next up: Sit at the table and pick up your french fries, sandwich, roll,cookie....etc. with that same bare hand.

Hmmm...... :eek: :eek:

I just added biohazard suit to my packing checklist.:p

Archived