Crown & Anchor Society level changes

You're very welcome. :D Can we report the poster's post that started it? I think it was that Cruiseorwelose person? I don't know what the program is. :rolleyes: EDIT: Cruiseorloseme?

I think that would be a good idea. It might just be something in the signature but I am not sure. I have a brand new laptop that Santa brought me for Christmas so I am not letting anything get installed unless I initiate it.:D

Is any else getting a pop-up to add letag.dll when they click on this thread? :rolleyes: I won't add strange programs to my compter, and I don't know why it is asking. (Just on this thread) :confused:

A quick google search...

The library file ietag.dll is a component of the Microsoft Office Suite and Internet Explorer. It implements the generation of smart tag links, drop-down boxes, and the collation of indexed factoids and references in the user interface pages of text and data processing software of Microsoft as well as Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser.

Doesn't look malicious! :D

A quick google search...

The library file ietag.dll is a component of the Microsoft Office Suite and Internet Explorer. It implements the generation of smart tag links, drop-down boxes, and the collation of indexed factoids and references in the user interface pages of text and data processing software of Microsoft as well as Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser.

Doesn't look malicious! :D

I have put the poster on ignore and am no longer getting the popup. If you go into the person's profile you do get it so it is in the signature.

Yes, of course you can.

You just can't hang out with them in a free-drinks place.

:rolleyes:

I would never expect or want my friends to leave their free drink place to hang out with us and pay for their drinks.......:rolleyes:

We only went to the D event a few times.......we'd stop in and basically it was pretty much empty so we'd leave and go elsewhere. DH bought his drinks at the D event a few nights but it just wasn't fun in there. Sitting at a bar........nothing to pick on..........hardly anyone to talk to. I preferred to just sit out on our balcony and relax and that's what we did many nights before going to dinner, or we just stopped and had a drink at another bar. Really doesn't matter to me except when we cruise with our friends since we all usually link our dinner reservations so we can sit together and we always hung out before going to dinner. Anyway, we're all trying the Silhouette this year and if I want to use a D lounge with our friends I guess we'll have to sail Freedom class ships until they change that too. Would like to experience the Oasis or the Allure but really don't think those ships will be to our liking. My favorite ship is the Brilliance - Radiance Class ships.

Posted June 6,2010!

And we are in the not too distant future referred to by Adam. Also, this was during the year time frame mentioned by the poster I was responding to. There are other references where front office staff have stated officially that more changes are coming. I could have searched for them but thought that the CEO would be the best reference.

I would never expect or want my friends to leave their free drink place to hang out with us and pay for their drinks.......:rolleyes:.

I'm thinking there's a whole lotta hours in a day to hang out with friends-right:confused:

My personal opinion - and it is ONLY that, an opinion - is that Royal Caribbean would like the top C & A members to migrate ("graduate") over to Celebrity. I doubt that they will combine credits, ever.

Hey Carol - Herb and I did a wine cruise in September on Celebrity and while it was a great cruise, we were not impressed with either the ship or the Elite benefits. The cocktail hour was nothing compared to the the Diamond or CL lounges. I have never had a watered down drink in either lounge and it's always been easy to get one. On Celebrity you had to wait for a waiter to get around to you and that didn't happen very frequently. When you did get a drink it was mostly mixer. The munchies were seldom ever served and when they were they were served by waiters on a tray and don't try to take more than one! They must have had training on how to yank that tray back as soon as you took the first one.

This was our second Celebrity cruise and we were underimpressed both times with the ships, service, etc. We had a great time on both cruises because of the intineraries and the people we met. We'll sail Celebrity again for the right itinerary but NOT for the Elite benefits. We'll just skip graduation and stay in middle school with RCI.

Where's your hat? :eek:

Are you trying to manipulate RCI into letting you keep your benefits by putting on your tux? :p

Gina

Nah ... just showing that I've cruised X, too. ;)

Cruisekeeper ... Shaken as I prefer to be the one stirring .... :)

Hey Carol - Herb and I did a wine cruise in September on Celebrity and while it was a great cruise, we were not impressed with either the ship or the Elite benefits. The cocktail hour was nothing compared to the the Diamond or CL lounges. I have never had a watered down drink in either lounge and it's always been easy to get one. On Celebrity you had to wait for a waiter to get around to you and that didn't happen very frequently. When you did get a drink it was mostly mixer. The munchies were seldom ever served and when they were they were served by waiters on a tray and don't try to take more than one! They must have had training on how to yank that tray back as soon as you took the first one.

This was our second Celebrity cruise and we were underimpressed both times with the ships, service, etc. We had a great time on both cruises because of the intineraries and the people we met. We'll sail Celebrity again for the right itinerary but NOT for the Elite benefits. We'll just skip graduation and stay in middle school with RCI.

Wow, your description of the service is completely opposite of what we experienced on Mercury last May. They almost drowned us with the drinks. The food was a little skimpy, they only came around a couple times a night, but let you take 3 or 4.

I would never expect or want my friends to leave their free drink place to hang out with us and pay for their drinks.......:rolleyes:

We only went to the D event a few times.......we'd stop in and basically it was pretty much empty so we'd leave and go elsewhere. DH bought his drinks at the D event a few nights but it just wasn't fun in there. Sitting at a bar........nothing to pick on..........hardly anyone to talk to. I preferred to just sit out on our balcony and relax and that's what we did many nights before going to dinner, or we just stopped and had a drink at another bar. Really doesn't matter to me except when we cruise with our friends since we all usually link our dinner reservations so we can sit together and we always hung out before going to dinner. Anyway, we're all trying the Silhouette this year and if I want to use a D lounge with our friends I guess we'll have to sail Freedom class ships until they change that too. Would like to experience the Oasis or the Allure but really don't think those ships will be to our liking. My favorite ship is the Brilliance - Radiance Class ships.

I am pretty sure that they are adding a Diamond lounge to the Radiance during her upcoming drydock! :)

Lou, I didn't say that *I* would be shoved over to Celebrity, or that it was a good thing............just that I suspect that RC would LIKE it to happen!

;)

How are you guys? Any snow down there? :D

Oh really? That would be nice.........they are my favorite ships.

Copied from another thread:

Hi all!

We just got off the Radiance and went to the Captain's Corner and I specifically asked Capt. Claus and Clunis (sp?) about the upcoming drydock. I tried to take notes so, hopefully, this is correct:

Chef's Table will be in the card room in the Colony Club.

Giovanni's will be Portofino's

Rita's Cantina will be on the side of the Windjammer as you walk thru the doors where the stairs are to the Seaview Cafe.

I have Samba's Grill will be where the Seaview Cafe is but am not sure if that is correct.

They didn't mention the Park Cafe that I heard.

Did not see nor hear of any plumbing problems. We were in 1604..

Whoops! Almost forgot.... Jean is correct. The Diamond Lounge will be where the Hollywood Odyssey was....

Just check out the big Radiance thread: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=575048

Hi all!

We just got off the Radiance and went to the Captain's Corner and I specifically asked Capt. Claus and Clunis (sp?) about the upcoming drydock. I tried to take notes so, hopefully, this is correct:

Rita's Cantina will be on the side of the Windjammer as you walk thru the doors where the stairs are to the Seaview Cafe.

I have Samba's Grill will be where the Seaview Cafe is but am not sure if that is correct.

Whoops! Almost forgot.... Jean is correct. The Diamond Lounge will be where the Hollywood Odyssey was....

Just check out the big Radiance thread: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=575048

Wow............sounds good to me.......:D

Talk to C&R today, they said look for the press release on the 7 or 8, goes into effect the jan 12. yes changing to days, added two new tiers one between platinum and diamond and one at 100 cruise point. cruise points is the new term. did not have info on how they are going to convert cruise credits to cruise points. suite discounts for d+ will be $225 now

Looks like at least one rumor is not going to come true.

Hi all!

Well, that's all interesting because I was told by the concierge and the hotel director that Hollywood Odyssey will be the new Concierge Lounge. I was told this after the time that Capt. Claus got off. Then there was another captain and he got off. Capt. Sindre was there when I got my information. When was this information posted?

The Diamond Lounge is to be in another area of Starquest (VCL).

Gina

Archived