C & A announcement postponed

RLM77

OK, the topic did not come up in any of the C&A change posts, so here is the truth.

The rumors about changes were started by...... The Starfish:D

Hey, wasn't the starfish deaf? If so he or she had to see it written. Wait do starfish have eyes? Maybe it was in braille and it was able to read it:D

Just checked the RCI site - "My Cruises" - I cannot access any of my C&A information and when I click on my reservation number, I can't access that either!!! :eek: It's not Saturday night RCI site maintenance.....soo what gives????

Just checked the RCI site - "My Cruises" - I cannot access any of my C&A information and when I click on my reservation number, I can't access that either!!! :eek: It's not Saturday night RCI site maintenance.....soo what gives????

Cannot access RCCL site from any other either to try to book a cruise....

Me, too. And other parts of the site have failed.

Gina

Cannot access RCCL site from any other either to try to book a cruise....

No problem here. Mine is showing.

:o That sounded dirty. Sorry...

One of the beauties of making that type of open-ended predictions is that something will eventually happen and you can claim that it is verification of the accuracy of your claim. Change is inevitable and as long as your predictions are general in nature and you aren't specific about the date of the announcement, you can never be proven wrong. Problem one with the current rumor is that the date was wrong, and the term "postponement" is being used to excuse that error. The second problem may come when and if actual changes are announced. Of course any deviation from those that have been predicted can be attributed to the comments and concerns that the postings have raised.
Has anything really been postponed though, the webinar went on as scheduled? The Web Host did change the name of the Webinar but did they ever say it was about changes to C&A levels? My belief is that given the rumors of a January C&A change surprise; then theLion's thread & the timing of this Webinar has caused people here on CC to decide that the Webinar was the big announcement they've all been waiting for. It just happens that it probably never was about C&A points... but we'll see if it still happens, January isn't over yet... but you're right, it makes sence that it will change again eventually.

It's funny though how everyone believes their source of info is the true source of the inside scoop.:)

DemetriaRCCL: [12:55] Welcome to our Crown and Anchor live chat. How can I help you today?

niki burgos: [12:57] that true that crown anchor service will change

[12:57] i am only 5 credit awawy to become a diamond plus member

DemetriaRCCL: [13:00] At this time we are not making any changes to the Crown and Anchor program. We are always looking for ways to improve our program, and although nothing has been announced, we do hope to continue to make improvements.

niki burgos: [13:01] thank you i always take back to back cruises so i could reach diamond plus

If I recall correctly, one of the Cruise Critic Hosts has been posting for some time now that in January, RCI would announce changes to the C&A program. That may have contributed to all of this speculation.

Yup-and hinting to be at the level you wanted by 1/12. :eek:

Let's face it-changes are coming. The sign proves it, they just brought it out too soon.

When-who knows but seems like in the near future. Don't sweat the small stuff folks. They'll still be a cruise ship for you to sail on.

I would think that if they were going to make some changes they would at least do the announcement ahead of the change date to give people some time. ie: Announce there will be changes in 30 days. That is what most companies do.

That being said they can really do whatever they want, nothing is going to change my poor little gold status, so I am unruffled. ;) I would say from that sign in Baltimore that the changes are a' coming though....My parents are high Platinum, so I wonder how they will be effected more. Will they get to be fancy Emeralds? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

Let's face it-changes are coming. The sign proves it, they just brought it out too soon.

When-who knows but seems like in the near future. Don't sweat the small stuff folks. They'll still be a cruise ship for you to sail on.

Are you sure the sign proves it?

What about this?

Yup, I didn't become D+ for the perks, I got there because I like to sail on Royal Caribbean ships.;)

Has anything really been postponed though, the webinar went on as scheduled? The Web Host did change the name of the Webinar but did they ever say it was about changes to C&A levels? My belief is that given the rumors of a January C&A change surprise; then theLion's thread & the timing of this Webinar has caused people here on CC to decide that the Webinar was the big announcement they've all been waiting for. It just happens that it probably never was about C&A points... but we'll see if it still happens, January isn't over yet... but you're right, it makes sence that it will change again eventually.

It's funny though how everyone believes their source of info is the true source of the inside scoop.:)

It was simply speculation by an over-eager group of posters that believed that the webinar was going to be about rumored changes. Even the original title could well have described what the eventual webinar was about.

If Patti actually saw the sign, I have more confidence in its authenticity but it still is puzzling that it would have been put on display so far in advance of any announcements. Must have been a lot of questions and puzzled cruisers and check-in personnel in Baltimore. Not sure however that the existence of the sign really "proves" anything.

Maybe they saw the reaction of Southwest Airlines customers to the recent rollout of their new rewards program and are rethinking the best way to announce the changes. Southwest went with the let's pretend this is really exciting news even though we are reducing everyone's benefits approach. So far, it is not going well for them.

Yup, I didn't become D+ for the perks, I got there because I like to sail on Royal Caribbean ships.;)

Same here. Cruising on RCCL ships is sweet, getting D+ perks adds a little more icing on the cake. :)

Suzanne

Archived