I'm so disappointed :o(

Luluwa

We purchase the 'cancel for any reason' insurance for peace of mind.

First, I would be sooooo disspaointed too luluwa, and I am sorry to hear the news.

For the poster above, you likely wouldn't even need "Cancel for any reason" insurance in this situation (although we often purchase that too). Most policies cover this situation in their regular travel insurance cancellation clauses:

..."A covered Sickness or Injury involving You, Your Traveling Companion or Business Partner, or Your Family Member which necessitates Medical Treatment at the time of cancellation and results in medically imposed restrictions, as certified by a Legally Qualified Physician, which prevents Your participation in the Trip;

"Family Member" means any of the following who resides in the United States, Canada, or Mexico: Your or Your Traveling Companion's: legal spouse (or common-law spouse where legal), legal guardian, son or daughter (adopted, foster, step or in-law), brother or sister (includes step or in-law), parent (includes step or in-law), grandparent (includes in-law), grandchild, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew, Domestic Partner, an employed caregiver who lives with You, or a person for whom You are the primary caregiver with whom You have lived for 12 continuous months prior to the effective date of Your Plan, whether or not they travel with You.

An immediate family member had emergency surgery so we had to cancel our cruise. It was an Early Saver and since we were within 7 days of sailing.... we LOST ALL OUR MONEY!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! :(

my husband got sick and was in the hospital a week before we were suppose to cruise... so there for we could not go it was a four day so i did nor purchase insurance. i wrote to carnival and mailed them prof that he was sick and they gave me credit for another cruise :)

my husband got sick and was in the hospital a week before we were suppose to cruise... so there for we could not go it was a four day so i did nor purchase insurance. i wrote to carnival and mailed them prof that he was sick and they gave me credit for another cruise :)

That's GREAT! They didn't have to do that, but they did! :)

An immediate family member had emergency surgery so we had to cancel our cruise. It was an Early Saver and since we were within 7 days of sailing.... we LOST ALL OUR MONEY!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! :(

That is why you always buy insurance with ES.

How sad, very sorry about your cruise and the lost money. I would be so bummed. I hope your family member recovers fully. After having lost a dear family member (so I hope it won't come off as "easy for me to say") money will come back, you'll have other chances to vacation & our loves ones are what is precious & irreplaceable. Still a huge let down, I know.

They shouldn't have given you anything at all. That is way you buy insurance. If you don't, you deserve nothing.

DON

They shouldn't have given you anything at all. That is way you buy insurance. If you don't, you deserve nothing.

DON

Yep, it's just plain wrong for the cruise line to give an insurance benefit like that out for free, while the rest of us have to pay for the insurance. I sort of doubt that account. Don't believe everything you read here ;).

Then why am I paying for insurance? Why don't I just write to Carnival and get my cruise back without it? I sure have wasted a lot of money on insurance over the years.

DON

like i said,insurance is a suckers bet lol.my daughter got sick before our cruise and we just called guest solution support,told them we didnt want to cancel but reschedule.and like that we were rebooked,they were great,just need to talk to the right person.call and ask the operator to tell guestsolutions your issue they can help.

sounds like don has a few bucks in insurance lol!!!

oh yea we go on our second rebooked cruise with no ins on 1/15/2011..

:p:p:p:p

like i said,insurance is a suckers bet lol.my daughter got sick before our cruise and we just called guest solution support,told them we didnt want to cancel but reschedule.and like that we were rebooked,they were great,just need to talk to the right person.call and ask the operator to tell guestsolutions your issue they can help.

Actually, I do not take cancellation insurance but I also accept the resulting risk. I carry medical and evacuation only on a policy that covers me for a full year since that would be a major expense that I could not afford.

As far as I am concerned, if you do not take insurance and you have problems - the cruise line and the world owes you nothing.

DON

Sixteen years ago my mother had a major heart attack 18 hours before we were all flying on a chartered trip to Las Vegas. We did lose our air fare and hotel money. I thank God that it happened before we were on the plane!!! She is alive and well today, and cruising in April with all of us!

Your attitude is just so wrong. It was nice that the cruiseline switched your dates (although they should not have have because it sets a bad precident and wrong for people who do buy the insurance) but with all your gloating remember karma will get you in the end.

OP glad that you family member is doing well.

Archived