Ladies, spa pedicure worth it?

SewCruise

Hi girls, I'm hoping for opinions from those of you who have used the spa services onboard.

This summer I'll be on Brilliance for a 12 nt. Med cruise with a few extra days in Barcelona, so I'm anticipating an intense vacation with a lot of walking each day. I'm very much looking forward to the trip, but I know eventually my feet are going to hate me and I'm thinking I might like to get a pedicure at the spa on one of our at-sea days.

When it comes to pedicures I'm usually concerned less with how my feet look (polish, etc.) than I am with getting a really good foot/leg massage. So does anyone have experience with this service on Brilliance or other RCI Med. cruises? Does it deliver in terms of easing aches and pains and relaxation? Worth the money? Or would I be better off going for a massage instead of pedicure?

Also, if I decide to get a spa service on an at-sea day, is it better to reserve in advance? Or can I wait until I'm onboard?

Thanks!

If you want a foot massage and are willing to pay for it...do it! It will be relaxing! I hate for anyone other than myself to mess with my nails...whether it's foot or hand...If all you want is the massage, there's no need to pay for a pedicure!

I love pedicures!!!! To me they are totally worth it - I'd rather the ped than a full massage. I haven't been on the Brilliance, but I've never been disappointed with an RC spa service (& my dh would tell you I'm picky when it comes to spa services!)

Hi - I personally love the Spa svcs on the ships. When I first began to cruise I would not go to the Spa. When I finally convinced myself to go that was it. Have had all the services. Absolutely loved the foot message. You can combine that w/pedicure but the pedicure is at the salon and the foot message is done on the massage table. Best buy is wait until you board. Then look for when they have specials - sometimes you can combine a few treatments for one low price..and you save $$$, or use a coupon book in your stateroom. Take a tour of the spa and get familiar w/ svcs offered. The ladies are usually quite friendly.

Enjoy!!

C

The Pedicures on the cruise ship are just fine but a bit pricey. I have started getting a good spa pedicure at a local spa a day or two before I leave for the cruise to save a few $$. If I don't have time then I do the ship one.

One thing that makes the spa pedicure on the cruise ship worth it should you wish to partake is the view out the window. :cool:

Another thing is that the spa pedicure is one of the few treatments I have had on RCCL where they didn't try to sell me product afterward. :rolleyes:

It depends on how you view your dollars.

If value is a concern and will affect how you feel about your treatment, you may not want to get that pedicure onboard.

There is no discounting of pedicures, ever, that I have seen.

(if you are C&A, there *is* a coupon for the spa that you can use on a pedicure).

It now costs SEVENTY DOLLARS.

Use the whirlpool in the Solarium in the evening when not many are around. Move your feet so they get massaged by the jets. I've done this many times. Just move around until you get both feet, ankles, legs, knees and back massaged. Of course, you have be discreet or you may get some strange looks if anyone is watching you for very long! I usually stay for quite a while so it's not obvious what I'm doing.

I've had knee problems where my knees sort of lock up and it is painful to walk. After using the whirlpool and massaging my knees I'm ready to go the next day. Same thing for sore feet. It's wonderful - and free!

I love pedicures but refuse to pay the price onboard.

Sassy, thanks for reminding me about the whirlpool, that's a great idea!

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I typically pay $60-70 for a pedicure at home (cruise prices for "extras" like alcohol, spa services, etc. seem comparable in my city) but my regular aesthetician makes sure I get my money's worth and has spoiled me rotten. So I'm always a little hesitant to try new places.

I'll hold off on making a reservation and see how desperate I get after a week on my feet. :D

SewCruise, we are also set for the 12 day Med this coming summer. My little luxury I do for myself is a pedicure every few months. My esthetician told me to use plenty of clear coat (a good brand like OPI) and that way, any rubbing will be against the top coat and not the polish. However, take along a bottle of your color so you can touch up.

I pay $50.00 plus tax and tip for a basic pedi at home, which does include a brief foot and lower leg massage. I suppose I could go elsewhere and pay less but I love my gal and we have bonded. It's a nice relationship.

I'm excited for you; a relaxing pedi or foot/leg massage at sea sounds lovely! I think you could be prepared for the exhorbitant cost and just budget for it. Some people drink, some people gamble, you will use the spa. :D

Enjoy.

Archived