"LIVE" from Oasis of the Seas / Jan 22, 2011

Radio

The room "plays" much smaller then you would think based on the specs. The couch is huge and takes up lots of room.

Oasis class and S class have this layout, the wave of the future.

That closet doesn't look as big as the ones on the Explorer. Do you know if there are shelves in it like the others have? Are you saying that Celebrity's "Solstice" class has the same set up?

Hello everyone. . .Welcome to Day 3 of my voyage on Oasis of the Seas. . .

We are approaching Labadee very slowly, and will be at the per by the time I post these comments. . .

The weather all night has not been real good. . . There have been thunderstorms, and heavy rain and wind most of the night. When I went up to the pool deck this morning at 4:30AM, signs were up that lets passengers know that the pool decks on 15-16 were closed, and “We are sorry for any inconvenience

No worries. . .When I look outside from my balcony I can just see the mountains up head near Labadee, and the skies look clear. . .hmmm. . . What does this mean ? Maybe the rain was just at night, and the sun will be shining all day ? We will have to wait and see just a few more hours.

I walked around the ship to take many photos of different public area on many decks. I was able to make it to the Concierge Club, Pinnacle Chapel, and Viking Crown Lounge and a few other areas. The public area of the ship today all had an aroma of a cleaning solution(chlorine?). It seems that every area might have been thoroughly cleaned last night, and into this morning. I’m not sure if someone was sick, or this was regular maintenance.

The AquaTheater Show was postponed last night, due to weather (again), but has been rescheduled for Thursday.

I can imagine that it would be difficult for high divers, to perform in such high winds. Even though it has rained a lot with high winds, the Oasis of the Seas has sailed smoothly. . .You can feel just a little roll, but she feels very stable and comfortable.

I have been invited to a ship tour while in Labadee. That is a first. . .Usually I get the invite for the final day at see, but we will be docked in Labadee (7AM) for my Bridge tour at 9AM. . .

Here are a few pics from last night and a few from this morning (early). . .

More pics later, and thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Sorry, the AquaTheater Show has been cancelled. . .(Shown on my TV last night)

M1.JPG

The Rainy Boardwalk was not closed though

M2.JPG

There were not many passengers out on decks last night.

M3.JPG

The music was very good at the Jazz on 4 Nightclub

M4.JPG

A view down from Deck 16

M7.JPG

I like the way the Elevators show you where to main public areas are. . .

M20.JPG

Here are a few more. . .

Many more pics later !

Radio

Concierge Lounge on Deck 11(early)

M12.JPG

It is very well laid out.

M9.JPG

The Chef’s Table on the upper level of the Concierge Lounge

M10.JPG

We approach Labadee slowly

M26.JPG

Do I see sun ? Keep your fingers crossed. . . .

M28.JPG

We inch toward the pier for docking. . . We made it !

M27.JPG

I think the room looks much smaller than those on Voyager and Radiance Class. Wonder why they would put the closet facing that way.....doesn't make sense and it looks pretty tight.

I completely agree. It doesn't make much sense to me.

It’s hard to believe that at 6AM, it was very windy. . .dark. . .and heavy rain.

And just 2 hours later, the sun is beautiful ! Welcome to Labadee !

Radio

Wow. . .what a difference !

M32.JPG

The sun will feel good today. . .

M30.JPG

I need to get off of the ship . . . .

M29.JPG

<snip> It seems that the nightly Diamond event will now be in Blaze for the rest of the week. I guess that it was in the Diamond Lounge for the 1st night only. <snip>

Hi, Radio.

Question regarding the Diamond Event. I haven't been on a ship with a Diamond Lounge yet. My understanding is that Diamond Lounges provide free drinks to Diamond members, as opposed to a Diamond Event, which is held on ships with no Diamond Lounge, where only free wine and soda is served along with a 25% discount on other drinks. Why would the Diamond Event be moved to another lounge? When it's moved are the drinks still free or does it revert to the Diamond Event benefit?

Thanks.

Hi, Radio.

Question regarding the Diamond Event. I haven't been on a ship with a Diamond Lounge yet. My understanding is that Diamond Lounges provide free drinks to Diamond members, as opposed to a Diamond Event, which is held on ships with no Diamond Lounge, where only free wine and soda is served along with a 25% discount on other drinks. Why would the Diamond Event be moved to another lounge? When it's moved are the drinks still free or does it revert to the Diamond Event benefit?

Thanks.

The Loyalty Ambassador suggested that there were too many Diamond Members for the Diamond Lounge. Blaze is a much larger area.

They will serve free beer, wine, and soft drinks and snacks (Diamond Lounge) and in Blaze it will sbe imilar, but I haven't gone down there yet to try it out. I will make it there this week.

I have only been to the Concierge Lounge for the first 2 nights. . .

Radio

;);)

Juniors Mom, yes, they have small lockers at Labadee that accept your roompass as payment. I left my shoes and hat on a shelf by the lockers. Have fun on the Jet Ski. It's quite a ride! :eek: Let's just say, it's not a leisurely trip.......;)

Awesome pictures Radio! I especially liked the one at night, in the rain, facing the Aqua Theater........Thanks again for my virtual vacation........

I thought that also as we had friends with a Boardwalk Balcony & their bed was beside balcony & seemed roomier.

Excellent idea! We had bed next to closet and it was a pain for sure. And the outlets were just ridiculous but minor issues.

Radio, do you know if there are lockers in Labadee? We booked the jet skis and we were wondering where do we put our towels etc..

Thanks

Im not 100% sure about near the jet ski rental area, but there are lockers and cubbies for your stuff where you register for Dragons Flight line, so I would like to think they have them at all the attractions.

cruzinmimi - thanks for that information. Hmmm, I doubt that includes top shelf liquor though, does it? :confused:

Enjoy your day on Labadee! It is 9 degrees here :eek: !

Are cocktails 25% off in the Diamond lounge (Blaze?), or is it just free beer, wine & soda?

CDNJ

The drinks are all free...the food is ok but the drinks are awesome...will make just about anything you want...All except frozen drinks:(

Archived