Wine bottle allowance: 750ml or 1.5l?!

chucktgirl

It is supposed to be OK to bring on the 1.5 L for two people but it has been posted on the boards that some people have had it confiscated. Hopefully the info has been filtered down to the security people at the port.

It is supposed to be OK to bring on the 1.5 L for two people but it has been posted on the boards that some people have had it confiscated. Hopefully the info has been filtered down to the security people at the port.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Each person over 21 miss allowed one 750 ml bottle of wine in carry on luggage.

It doesn't say 750 ml per person...

750 ml for one person...if there are 2 people you can bring a 1.5 for the both of you....

IN Ft Lauderdale we had a 1.5 liter of wine for the two of us, but security would NOT allow us as well as many others to take it onboard. The rules state 750ml per person and I tried to explain that the 1.5 liter bottle was the equivalent of 2 750ml bottles. They still wouldn't let us bring it on.

There were many people upset that we weren't allowed to bring a bottle of that size. Security said Carnival won't allow it. When we got onboard and were in the Platinum lounge, I asked about it and was told that we should have been allowed to bring it on.

I went to guest relations when we were onboard and they said they would take my complaint and send it to their main office, but I wouldn't get the bottle of wine back until the last might of the cruise. I never heard another word, but did get the bottle back the last night.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Each person over 21 miss allowed one 750 ml bottle of wine in carry on luggage.

It doesn't say 750 ml per person...

WHAT does this mean?

It means that the ones that check your bags might not add two persons wine together to total 1.5L

To be safe they would take 2-750ml bottles, not 1-1.5L bottle.

For clarity, the ticket contract says one 750ml (or less) bottle per person over the age of 21. I have personally taken 1.5L bottles in the past for 2 people back when the contract language was not as clear (it used to just say 2 bottles, so magnums were fine). Since the latest contract language change I no longer risk it and just take 2x750ml bottles.

(f) Except as noted below, Guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol on Carnival's vessels for on board consumption. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests 21 years and older may bring on board, only in their carry-on luggage, one bottle, per person, of wine or champagne, 750ml or less. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should guests wish to consume this wine/champagne in the dining room, or a $14 corkage fee per bottle if consumed in the steakhouse. All alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne and excessive non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the vessel's gift shops or at a port of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage. Carnival reserves the right to refuse to serve alcohol to any passenger. Guest acknowledges that the minimum age permitted for the purchase, possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages aboard Carnival's vessels is twenty-one (21). Guest agrees to supervise all persons under age twenty-one (21) under Guest's charge to insure that they do not violate this, or any other, shipboard regulation. Guests who attempt to purchase alcohol by using false identification or the Sail & Sign card of a Guest who is twenty-one or older will be deemed in violation of this policy. Any Guest twenty-one or older who attempts to or purchases alcohol for any guest under twenty-one will also be deemed in violation of this policy. Guest agrees that Carnival has the right to disembark any guest who violates this policy and as well as any adults traveling with minors who violate this policy or any other shipboard regulation.

I sailed the 1/15/11 Carnival Liberty. I had a 750 ml sized wine bottle in my carry on. When my carry on went through the scanner, they flagged my bag and inspected it and I did show them the bottle. People with larger 1.5 lt did have to surrender it. They are being strict so pack accordingly. Excellent trip on the Liberty by the way and I did purchase the $110 level 5 bottle wine package. All of the wines were very good, just the Beringer White Zinfandel was on the sweet side but still a good wine. My favorite was the Fetzer Red Zinfandel which was very good, not too sweet and it will go with all foods and meats.

I sailed the 1/15/11 Carnival Liberty. I had a 750 ml sized wine bottle in my carry on. When my carry on went through the scanner, they flagged my bag and inspected it and I did show them the bottle. People with larger 1.5 lt did have to surrender it. They are being strict so pack accordingly. Excellent trip on the Liberty by the way and I did purchase the $110 level 5 bottle wine package. All of the wines were very good, just the Beringer White Zinfandel was on the sweet side but still a good wine. My favorite was the Fetzer Red Zinfandel which was very good, not too sweet and it will go with all foods and meats.

The same thing happened to several people on our Conquest cruise out of Galveston this past Nov. They were checking the bags very carefully and if you had anything larger than 750 pp it was confiscated.

• 5 years later...
The same thing happened to several people on our Conquest cruise out of Galveston this past Nov. They were checking the bags very carefully and if you had anything larger than 750 pp it was confiscated.

What if you carry 4 pouches X 180ml each (instead of 1 bottle of 750ml) in your check in bag?

:)

What if you carry 4 pouches X 180ml each (instead of 1 bottle of 750ml) in your check in bag?

I have seen posted here that someone attempting to take 4 of those little tiny bottles whose sum is still well under the 750ml were only allowed to take ONE bottle. It is really going to depend on how the person that is screening carry on luggage interprets the rule.

I have seen posted here that someone attempting to take 4 of those little tiny bottles whose sum is still well under the 750ml were only allowed to take ONE bottle. It is really going to depend on how the person that is screening carry on luggage interprets the rule.

Agree. The inspector might reason out that the policy is ONE 750ml bottle, not a TOTAL of 750ml.

:)

You run the risk of getting it confiscated. The policy is very clear:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633/~/liquor-and-beverage-policy

At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage.

A guest can bring one bottle, 750 ml. IDK why folks read this then say "how about pouches?" or "how about a 1.5l?" One bottle, 750 ml. End of story. If you don't like that policy, get some rum runners and just try to sneak it on and be done with it.

Would those small 50 ml bottles be confiscated if a few were brought onboard in checked luggage? I sometimes enjoy a martini on the balcony in the afternoon while reading. Just asking.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Forums mobile app

If they find them, absolutely they will be confiscated. Alcohol in your checked bags is going to be confiscated if its found. But the odds of them finding them (or rum runners or whatever) appear to be pretty low.

Would those small 50 ml bottles be confiscated if a few were brought onboard in checked luggage? I sometimes enjoy a martini on the balcony in the afternoon while reading. Just asking.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Forums mobile app

Yes. If you are making a martini you aren't talking about wine which was the original OP and the poster, that resurrected this thread from 2011, were questioning.

The current policy is confiscated without compensation.

Under alcohol policy Carnival says you can bring one 750ml bottle per person free, but you can bring more and pay $15 per bottle which is still quite a bit cheaper than their prices. Seems I remember there's a table where you are supposed to go and get them labeled or something.