Royal Caribbean help

Ok, so i just made a reservation on the freedom of the seas after my friend talked me into joining her and her husband (coworker of mine). i have never sailed on royal caribbean before, only carnival. what are the drink prices like? just by what i paid for this cruise (twice as much as carnival) im assuming the drinks are going to cost more. i drink beer occassionally but love the foo foo drinks lol. can anybody give me any iformation about the freedom of the seas? im super excited. the guy on the phone was so helpful and friendly he laughed after i told him i was just off a cruise 4 days ago lol. thanks for any help/info anybody can give me. cant wait!

Cocktails (mixed drinks) will run in the $6-7 range, unless you want some super-expensive liquor. Wine is overpriced...think in the $8-9 range per glass....if you drink alot, buy a bottle. It's slightly cheaper that way.

Beer....domestics are in the $4+ range....these prices include the 15% tip.

You're going to love Freedom ....the ship is really easy to get around and the service is great!

Ok, so i just made a reservation on the freedom of the seas after my friend talked me into joining her and her husband (coworker of mine). i have never sailed on royal caribbean before, only carnival. what are the drink prices like? just by what i paid for this cruise (twice as much as carnival) im assuming the drinks are going to cost more. i drink beer occassionally but love the foo foo drinks lol. can anybody give me any iformation about the freedom of the seas? im super excited. the guy on the phone was so helpful and friendly he laughed after i told him i was just off a cruise 4 days ago lol. thanks for any help/info anybody can give me. cant wait!

We are also Carnival transfers but we got a much cheaper rate on our cruise then Carnival could offer us. I have been learning things as we go.

im not a transfer lol.. i will always be a loyal carnival customer...love them to death. im only sailing royal caribbean cause my friend talked me into it. im still looking forward to it and having a drinking buddy since my brother doesn't drink, hes usually who i cruise with. drinks sound about the same as carnivals. i drink pretty much anything and everything lol

im not a transfer lol.. i will always be a loyal carnival customer...love them to death. im only sailing royal caribbean cause my friend talked me into it.

Here's my advice. I've cruised on numerous cruise lines, and the worst thing you can do is go on board and expect a Carnival experience. Do not go on looking to compare FOS with all your previous cruises. Go on with an attitude it's your first cruise. Go on with a sense of intrigue. FOS really is an awesome ship and the grandness will amaze you. I guess all I'm saying is go with an open mind.

Here's my advice. I've cruised on numerous cruise lines, and the worst thing you can do is go on board and expect a Carnival experience. Do not go on looking to compare FOS with all your previous cruises. Go on with an attitude it's your first cruise. Go on with a sense of intrigue. FOS really is an awesome ship and the grandness will amaze you. I guess all I'm saying is go with an open mind.

I 100% agree with this. We sailed Carnival for the most part until we got onboard one of the larger RCI ships. Will I still sail on Carnival, yes if the price and itinerary is what I am looking for, but if I had my way, it would be RCI all the way. LOVE their ships. The experience will be similar in a lot of ways, but not exactly what you are used to on Carnival. There truly are pros and cons to each line. You have to decide which are important to you. We have looked the last few cruises at prices, and always ended up with a cheaper cabin on RCI than Carnival and we do balconies. The exception is our next cruise in Europe, it just had the itinerary and timing we needed.

As for drink prices, here is a thread posted about 6 months ago with the drink menu. Take a look for yourself at what is available and for what price. Of course, there is more than this, but it will give you a good idea what to expect as far as prices go.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227808

I disagree..go ahead "compare away"..I think you'll be switching loyalties once you've cruised "With the Nation of Why Not"...Enjoy !!!:D

The prices "fleet wide" in the Caribbean for a "Bud" type beer is $4.25 + 15% = $4.88.

If you decide to get a foo foo drink mention that you don't want it in the souvenir glass.....RCCL has a "drink of the day" and will usually come in a souvenir glass unless you mention you don't want it.

• 2 weeks later...

When the crew is hawking drinks in those fancy glasses keep in mind that you are purchasing the glass. This is true on all cruise lines. You can take the used glass to any bar and get a clean one to take home if you are collecting glasses.

Next time you want a drink tell the barman a plain glass no souvenir glass. The price will be about 2 or 3 dollars less, unless you want the glass.

Archived