What drinks are complimentary on Royal Caribbean?

A friend was telling me that she was on a cruise last year. It was RCI but not sure of the ship.

She became friendly with a Greek couple on their honeymoon. They were supposed to go to Russia but were denied entry due to the aftermath of the MH17 attack. They lost money but just managed to book that cruise. They had zero budget for any extras, so she was getting them drinks on her package. Was not questioned once. She also said another passenger would wait until there were half price drinks at Happy Hour and he would buy five but hold them in credit. She also said that at some meals there was a herd immunity thing going. Most at the table had drinks packages, but a couple didn't. She said that they would just fill all the glasses at the table as it was easier. Now I am sure that this would not be the case all the time.

And then people complain when prices go up. It's due to theft like this (yes, sharing a package amounts to theft).

I am just saying what I was told.

It will not work for me as even sharing a package would not be good value for us. Sure it can be justified if you add up drinks at the inflated prices but if I add up the price that is normal in a pub here it's not. Easier just to keep clear of alcohol for a couple of weeks.

We like our bottled water. On RC they offer 12 (1 Ltr) bottles for $47, but 24 for $82. So, since these are delivered to your stateroom, if I order 24 bottles for myself, how do they know that hubby isn't drinking any of those bottles. Seems to be a saving of $12 U.S. to just order the 24 for me and none for hubby! :rolleyes: Any ideas on this???

How are the drink packages tracked? I'm assuming you cannot split a package between two people and then share it. Sorry, I've never been on a cruise before so I do not know how it works.

It does make my head hurt. Thank-you for the RX.;):)

Bob and Ocean Boy...Thanks for the chuckle. It does kind of make you want to bang your head against a wall, doesn't it? Hence, the headache, I guess!!;)

We like our bottled water. On RC they offer 12 (1 Ltr) bottles for $47, but 24 for $82. So, since these are delivered to your stateroom, if I order 24 bottles for myself, how do they know that hubby isn't drinking any of those bottles. Seems to be a saving of $12 U.S. to just order the 24 for me and none for hubby! :rolleyes: Any ideas on this???

Delivery packages like this are not same as a drink package. With a drink package you have to produce your Seapass card for each individual drink.

So, therefore, there isn't any problem with ordering 24 delivered to the cabin and both of us partaking for a cheaper by the double dozen?:rolleyes:

Delivery packages like this are not same as a drink package. With a drink package you have to produce your Seapass card for each individual drink.

So, therefore, there isn't any problem with ordering 24 delivered to the cabin and both of us partaking for a cheaper by the double dozen?:rolleyes:

Correct, since you are not buying an unlimited drink package, you can share your bottled water with anyone. Only the unlimited drink packages are non-shareable.

Just confirming.... it's ok to bring a refillable mug from home and bring onboard and fill it with ice and the "free" drinks from the dispensers from Windjammer and the Cafe Promenade? If so, can you bring it in the MDR (meaning can you fill it prior to entering the MDR)?

Edited by abisha

Just confirming.... it's ok to bring a refillable mug from home and bring onboard and fill it with ice and the "free" drinks from the dispensers from Windjammer and the Cafe Promenade? If so, can you bring it in the MDR (meaning can you fill it prior to entering the MDR)?

You can do this, however, you will need to fill a glass (or take one that is pre-poured) and fill your mug. You cannot put your mug to the dispenser - health rules.

Probably a dumb question, but is the iced tea " sweet tea" or the unsweetened kind?

Another dumb question, if I add a drink package, do I pay in full right then, or does it get added to my existing cruise balance?

Edited by alexadeparis

It is unsweetened!

Also you are not supposed to fill your water bottles from the drink dispensers, but I am always amazed at the people that do even thought there are signs with multiple languages stating not too! One of these days I will get brave and ask one of these rude people if they know how to read!

Probably a dumb question, but is the iced tea " sweet tea" or the unsweetened kind?

Another dumb question, if I add a drink package, do I pay in full right then, or does it get added to my existing cruise balance?

If you buy the package before the cruise it gets charged to your credit card at the time of purchase just like if you buy and excursion. If you purchase it after you get aboard the ship it goes on your seapass account.

Haven't cruised in a LONG time, and I'm excited to see flavored water as an option! Does anyone know: is it sweetened? I am allergic to artificial sweeteners (and Stevia too) so I have to be careful with "waters"- but I love Hint water and flavored seltzers.

Reading the post I might add that some cruisers get confused when going into CAFE PROMEDADE on the Royal Ships. You can get desserts, finger sandwiches, coffee there that is free. The confusing part to many is when they go to the counter to get something the Coffee listings above on the wall gives the prices. The free 24 hour coffee is on the rear wall area and it is free. The prices on the wall are for specialty coffees. Bob

Haven't cruised in a LONG time, and I'm excited to see flavored water as an option! Does anyone know: is it sweetened? I am allergic to artificial sweeteners (and Stevia too) so I have to be careful with "waters"- but I love Hint water and flavored seltzers.

It is artificially sweetened and, in my opinion, most of the flavors are way too sweet.