Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

I guess I need to start thinking about warm weather clothing and make sure it all fits properly. I had a bad week with eating so I've lost a couple more pounds, and my primary tumor is (finally) shrinking which means the gut isn't pushed out as much now! I didn't leave the house much over the summer so I also haven't worn my shorts in a year or more now.

I also need to get my hair cut and let it go 100% pure white. At least at 45 it doesn't look to odd on me. :)

Counting down a little over a month now. Woo-hoo!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

My son is proposing to his girlfriend this Christmas. I'm very excited for him! She has taken a huge leap of faith with him. He's 37 and she's 24. They met in Chicago, both retail assist managers. She was Coldwater Creek(too bad they closed) and him Northface. She's never lived anywhere but home, even through college. And last spring he got his own store. In Cincinnati!! (She is now the assist manager at Fossil) Big step for her to go with! We will see them on the 23rd before they head to her families on 24. I think he's popping the question in front of her family. He had my ring reset for her

Now you might wonder why I shared that. Well, first, I'm just so excited he found the one,I'd about given up hope. 2nd, Indiana's picture reminded how much I like RCCl and his wedding date is probably going to interfere with our oasis in 2016. We're already checking about canceling:( the highs and lows!!

So, we'll see them for a very little bit on dec 25 in the evening and I hope they'll be showing off a ring!! Then at 3 am we start our drive to Naples florida. My DD that we stay with, told me tonight how much she's looking forward to our visit. Since she's going on our cruise with us, we're all pretty stoked!!

Night all and merry Christmas.

I still haven't started packing except in my head!!!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

slidergirl: You are so right! There's not much variety near my town. When we visit DS & family, near Pittsburgh, I go to Talbot's. And from the lake house, it's 45 minutes to Erie and a mall (Macy's, jc penny - Cold Water Creek was there, too. Sorry to see it go:(). Close to the lake house is a really nice consignment shop.

There's a small clothing shop in my town, and of course, the Goodwill store:rolleyes:!

Online shopping would be easy...if clothing manufacturers were consistent with sizes! zappos is good for shoes, with their free return policy.

sunnydaygirl: How wonderful that your son has found "the one" and what a thoughtful way to propose! Hope all goes well and his new fiancee is showing off a ring!

How excited do you get when you score a new pair of party shoes for formal night on your cruise? Yesterday it happened to me! Wish I could post a pic, but the ones I am taking just do not show the iridescent- color changing aspect of the shoe. The appear gold with a purple hue when the shoe moves. Even DH got excited for them!! Happy Cruising all!! :)

Online shopping would be easy...if clothing manufacturers were consistent with sizes! zappos is good for shoes, with their free return policy.

I wish more online retailers would do the free shipping both ways. I would be much more likely to buy clothing online. As it is now, I try to order from a place where I can return the item to a local store (like Macy's) if it does not fit or I don't like it.

Edited by Scrapnana

How excited do you get when you score a new pair of party shoes for formal night on your cruise? Yesterday it happened to me! Wish I could post a pic, but the ones I am taking just do not show the iridescent- color changing aspect of the shoe. The appear gold with a purple hue when the shoe moves. Even DH got excited for them!! Happy Cruising all!! :)

Those sound nice.

I need new formal shoes and can't find what I want. My straps are breaking on my most comfy fav pair. Just had the sole repaired cause a guy stepped on them in the elevator coming back from MDR 3 weeks ago. But they are still put together with gum and a prayer.

Ack, - still mad about them getting dinged up - the Dream had 2 elevators down at the aft dinning room for 2 cruises. We were sardines every time the elevators opened.

CruiseDivaNJ: Yippee for your new shoes:)! They sound totally cruise-worthy! We CCFs do like our footwear;).

Tomorrow at this time, most of the family will be gathered for holiday festivities. After all the prep and anticipation, time will pass quickly. I won't get back here until the weekend. It's time to enjoy the company of family and friends.

Happy Holidays to all CCFs! May the Spirit of Christmas fill your hearts.

I'm curious to know, when do the holiday dresses start getting marked down? Is it now or after new years? I'd like to get a new dress for my cruise at the end of January. I've worn the same two formals for two cruises now and I'm ready for a change.

I'm curious to know, when do the holiday dresses start getting marked down? Is it now or after new years? I'd like to get a new dress for my cruise at the end of January. I've worn the same two formals for two cruises now and I'm ready for a change.

There are always "After Christmas Sales"......it has been that way

in the retail industry for years and years (and years)........;)

Most times it is after New Years.

:D I am absolutely, over the moon excited I found this thread!! It has been 6 years since we cruised and I have booked our next one for NCL's Getaway. This fits me to a tee with outfit planning. I always do it prior to our vacations, laying everything out from jewelry to shoes. I have recently started taking pictures so I will have them to refer back to. I plan on spending my day off Tuesday reading this entire post :)Thank you so much for starting this!! Oh, and I wanted to add I had Santa bring me a new Kate Spade cross body bag for traveling this Christmas. I got a neutral color so it would match all of my outfits. I do have many of the Vera Bradley cross body type purses I carry while on vacation also.

slidergirl: You are so right! There's not much variety near my town. When we visit DS & family, near Pittsburgh, I go to Talbot's. And from the lake house, it's 45 minutes to Erie and a mall (Macy's, jc penny - Cold Water Creek was there, too. Sorry to see it go:(). Close to the lake house is a really nice consignment shop.

There's a small clothing shop in my town, and of course, the Goodwill store:rolleyes:!

sunnydaygirl: How wonderful that your son has found "the one" and what a thoughtful way to propose! Hope all goes well and his new fiancee is showing off a ring!

Thanks Indy!! He did indeed propose. We saw them and the video on Christmas night. She grabbed it out of the box and put it on herself she was so excited. It was a successful surprise!!! And we did have to cancel our spring RCCL Oasis cruise. They are looking at that date for destination wedding.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

MandyMommyof2: WELCOME to CCF, home of Ladies Who Love Looking Good;). Join the conversation and keep us updated on your Packing Progress!!

I need an honest opinion - after seeing this photo, the long dress isn't doing much for me. Do I look frumpy? Seriously, tell it like you see it!

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv34%3B55%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3B67438%3C%3B335nu0mrj

On the other hand, I really like this outfit. Shoes aren't visible, but the skirt was a consignment shop purchase and the print is appropriate for cruising. The pink purse is a "Pouchee" that is supposed to fit in a handbag (to keep things organized), but it's roomy enough for me on its' own.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A5%3A5%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3B6735%3B69335nu0mrj

Edited by indiana71

Thank you so much for the warm welcome :) I think your outfit looks great!! Both of them. I actually showed your pics to my Mom this evening. I love to wear bright, loud :eek: prints during the summer. Lilly Pulitzer is one of my go to's for great dresses. Of course a lot of her dresses have matching for "my Mini's". Who can resist matching dresses right? :)

:D I am absolutely, over the moon excited I found this thread!! It has been 6 years since we cruised and I have booked our next one for NCL's Getaway. This fits me to a tee with outfit planning. I always do it prior to our vacations, laying everything out from jewelry to shoes. I have recently started taking pictures so I will have them to refer back to. I plan on spending my day off Tuesday reading this entire post :)Thank you so much for starting this!! Oh, and I wanted to add I had Santa bring me a new Kate Spade cross body bag for traveling this Christmas. I got a neutral color so it would match all of my outfits. I do have many of the Vera Bradley cross body type purses I carry while on vacation also.

Welcome to the thread. There is a lot of info and tips on this thread. I too pictures once of my outfits. but I have yet to look at them again. but I am going to start.

I bought some really pretty tops yesterday in the Sale at House of Frazer, to bring to the Caribbean. One has a blue Toile de Jouy pattern on white background with sailing ships.... it is very pretty. The other two are sleeveless, I am still wondering whether sleeveless will be weather appropriate?

One is dark pink lace with little jewels on the neckline and the other is a navy floral floaty chiffon type.

I bought some really pretty tops yesterday in the Sale at House of Frazer, to bring to the Caribbean. One has a blue Toile de Jouy pattern on white background with sailing ships.... it is very pretty. The other two are sleeveless, I am still wondering whether sleeveless will be weather appropriate?

One is dark pink lace with little jewels on the neckline and the other is a navy floral floaty chiffon type.

Hi:)......I see you are from The UK? Your weather can be quite iffy,

even in the summertime;)

As for the Caribbean? Yes, lots of gals wear sleeveless tops, tank tops,

short sleeves, etc.....you will be just fine:D. I have been sailing to

the Caribbean for many years and in various months......no matter

when I go, it is always warm:D.....

I would suggest bringing a lightweight cardigan/sweater but during

the day.....summertime attire is perfect:)

Thanks Lois R, yes i'm from the UK. The next problem is deciding what to wear next Thursday when we leave the hotel at Heathrow, jump on the Airport Hoppa bus and head for Terminal 1. Currently it is very cold in the UK - I don't really want to bring a coat... but getting to the terminal building on the bus and back again when we return is likely to be very cold indeed. I plan to wear jeans, t shirt and a cardigan and probably a pashmina too (i'll need that on the plane anyway). I shall put a camisole on under the t shirt. When we get to Miami I will probably be too hot, I guess I can find a 'ladies loo' and take off the camisole :D. Still, it's a nice 'problem' to have. ;)

Thanks for the feedback RE the "frumpy" look! I have a white pashmina, and also Bolero-style cardigan. I'll try those when The Process begins.

When we fly from cold Pittsburgh PA to warm Florida, there's always the "what's appropriate for both climates" issue.

In early December it was cold at the airport, but I wore black Capris, sandals, short sleeve knit top and a light-weight jacket...and left my heavy winter coat in the car.

I wasn't cold more than a few minutes. Once inside the terminal, temperature was comfortable. Dealing with a bit of cold was preferable to me than to have heavy winter clothes in my stateroom closet...reminding me of what I'm getting away from.

Returning to reality, we had a temperature drop of 40 degrees:eek:. But it didn't take long for the car heater to warm up (after I put on my heavy coat and gloves.)

Edited by indiana71