Complementary drinks?????

Bear007

Hello everyone, This is my first post from the UK

We are going on on a cruise in August (Ryndam) This is our first cruise ever!!!!! We have two teenagers (15 and 17) I was wondering if there are any free soft drinks available or coffee etc. :confused: Are we allowed to take our own wine onto the ship? Any advice would be greatly appreciated:) Thank you B x

Welcome to cruising, and especially cruising HAL style!

No free sodas. Tea, coffee and lemonade are about all the drinks that are free. You can get cappucino free with dinner. Otherwise, it costs at the Explorations Cafe.

You may bring your own wine aboard. If you take it to the dining room, there will be a corkage fee charged.

Hello everyone, This is my first post from the UK

We are going on on a cruise in August (Ryndam) This is our first cruise ever!!!!! We have two teenagers (15 and 17) I was wondering if there are any free soft drinks available or coffee etc. :confused: Are we allowed to take our own wine onto the ship? Any advice would be greatly appreciated:) Thank you B x

You may bring all the wine and water you want. No beer or liquor. Coffee always available. Soft drinks are pay per. HAL sells soft drink cards. When you check in on line they have an area for on board purchases such as liquor, wines and soft drinks. Navigate through this and you will get a handle on what's available. Bon Voyage!

:)thanks Jim for your prompt reply. Wow lemonade is complementary? The teens will be pleased. Isn't lemonade a 'soda'. Sorry am British:rolleyes:

Is water available to drink with meals without charge? Is it available in any areas of the ship?

Do you know if there how many bottles you may bring on board (wine) can we bring cans of pop (pepsi)?

Once again many thanks:)

You may bring all the wine and water you want. No beer or liquor. Coffee always available. Soft drinks are pay per. HAL sells soft drink cards. When you check in on line they have an area for on board purchases such as liquor, wines and soft drinks. Navigate through this and you will get a handle on what's available. Bon Voyage!

Thanks Woody that sounds great thank you. We thought it would be nice to have a glass of wine in the comfort of our room;)

:)thanks Jim for your prompt reply. Wow lemonade is complementary? The teens will be pleased. Isn't lemonade a 'soda'. Sorry am British:rolleyes:

Is water available to drink with meals without charge? Is it available in any areas of the ship?

Do you know if there how many bottles you may bring on board (wine) can we bring cans of pop (pepsi)?

Welcome to cruise critic - yes, you can bring pop (soda) on board no problem. Currently, HAL permits you to bring ALL the wine, water or soda you wish on board. Lemonade is not considered soda

Water is available for meals at no charge (it is not bottled, but it is good).

Iced tea is also complimentary I believe and available.

FYI, it is safe to drink water out of the tap on HAL :):)

ask away and we will try to help. Have a great cruise :D

welcome to cruise critic

you can bring as much soda onto the ship as you want -- on embarkation day as well as from the ports

if you bring wine/champagne onto the ship as well -- as much as you want -- some people have brought on cases -- one thing to remember -- there is an $18 per bottle corkage fee if you take a bottle to the dining room or to a bar/lounge

Let me clarify - as an ex-Brit! - lemonade is not the fizzy pop that you call lemonade in the UK. But, you can bring pop aboard, as well as wine and bottled water. Tea, coffee, water and iced tea is available all the time for free in the Lido buffet, and you can order from room service. And orange juice at breakfast time as well. You can purchase a pop card when you board if you wish - we usually don't bother but with two teens it might be a good idea.

Have a great cruise!:)

The simplest way to put it is that you can bring on as much as like of any beverages except beer and hard liquor, from every port. Sometimes the gangway security will even overlook those at en route ports.

I always take a small flask and you fill it with fresh!! orange juice for later or wahtever. They are strict with the $18 corkage charge but OP fill a glass of wine in cabin and take it to dining room.You will love HAL we will be with them Sept cruising back to Australia from LA. Enjoy it all. Irene and Stan Ex poms!!!

I always take a small flask and you fill it with fresh!! orange juice for later or wahtever. They are strict with the $18 corkage charge but OP fill a glass of wine in cabin and take it to dining room.You will love HAL we will be with them Sept cruising back to Australia from LA. Enjoy it all. Irene and Stan Ex poms!!!

Howdy my friend, hope all is well, too bad ur not on the Westerdam with us in Sept. Gonna miss you, so now I know what you had in your lifftle flask and here I thought was something a bit stronger lol lol

Diane.

Have had a look at the drinks packages sounds good. (soda) $50 for $25 if bought on-line. Does anyone know how many drinks this card allows?

(soda) $50 for $25 if bought on-line. Does anyone know how many drinks this card allows?

Soda is $1.95, plus service charge, for a total of $2.24 per can. I believe that converts to 22 cans of soda, with a tad left over.

Archived