OBC Question

I am getting ready for my upcoming cruise--Making sure all documents are in place-- cruise docs, set sail pass, passport, airline tickets, etc.

I was wondering if there is a way to know how much OBC you have prior to you cruise. I am supposed to receive some from my TA and from RCI. I wanted to make sure that everything was squared away before I leave town. I don't want to have deal with it once on board.

Thanks!!!!

I am getting ready for my upcoming cruise--Making sure all documents are in place-- cruise docs, set sail pass, passport, airline tickets, etc.

I was wondering if there is a way to know how much OBC you have prior to you cruise. I am supposed to receive some from my TA and from RCI. I wanted to make sure that everything was squared away before I leave town. I don't want to have deal with it once on board.

Thanks!!!!

I used to be concerned with that too, but have checked with the front desk once on board to be sure the credit was there, and (so far yet) have never had a problem. Just keep your paperwork that shows your OBC and your TA credit just in case.

Happy cruising! :)

I used to be concerned with that too, but have checked with the front desk once on board to be sure the credit was there, and (so far yet) have never had a problem. Just keep your paperwork that shows your OBC and your TA credit just in case.

Happy cruising! :)

That's my issue. I don't see it on my paperwork. I am trying to figure out if it would be on my cruise docs or my "receipt" from my TA.

Since your dealing with a TA I am not sure Royal will do this but normally before I leave I call Royal and have them email me an invoice. Every OBC shows on their statements with various codes on why your getting the OBC. Worth a shot, just call as if you booked direct and just ask for an invoice to be emailed, nothing else and cross your fingers they will send it to you.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Since your dealing with a TA I am not sure Royal will do this but normally before I leave I call Royal and have them email me an invoice. Every OBC shows on their statements with various codes on why your getting the OBC. Worth a shot, just call as if you booked direct and just ask for an invoice to be emailed, nothing else and cross your fingers they will send it to you.

BonVoyage

Dawna

The OP's TA also has access to the invoice..

OP-ask for a copy of the booking confirmation guest copy.........it should have your OBC listed on there..

I have contacted my TA today. We'll see what he has to say. :confused:

I am in the same "boat" (LOL!) I have a lot of OBC due - $600 from RCI and $75 from TA.

I just contacted my TA yesterday to please send me a copy of the invoice that shows my OBC so I can have that withy me (just in case)

She said her invoice does not reflect the OBC from RCI (she is an online agent so I don't know if that makes a difference ... she is probably mistaken, but I have used her before and she is excellent, so I will let it slide.)

She wrote me an email to serve as proof and told me to go to the pursers desk when I board to confirm. She instructed to call her immediately if there is a problem.

I am in the same "boat" (LOL!) I have a lot of OBC due - $600 from RCI and $75 from TA.

I just contacted my TA yesterday to please send me a copy of the invoice that shows my OBC so I can have that withy me (just in case)

She said her invoice does not reflect the OBC from RCI (she is an online agent so I don't know if that makes a difference ... she is probably mistaken' date=' but I have used her before and she is excellent, so I will let it slide.)

She wrote me an email to serve as proof and told me to go to the pursers desk when I board to confirm. She instructed to call her immediately if there is a problem.[/quote']

Yeah, she says that because you will be out at sea when you realize that the OBC isn't there. :rolleyes: Make her send you the ROYAL CARIBBEAN INVOICE.

Oscar_the_Grouch's_Sis - I highly recommend you take the op's advice and obtain a copy of your RCI invoice. On my last cruise in Jan I had an issue with obc received from a TA. RCI, while very helpful could not honor it based soley on info from my TA. I ended up having to call the TA multiple times before the issue was resolved, the cruise was half over at that point.

Yeah, she says that because you will be out at sea when you realize that the OBC isn't there. :rolleyes: Make her send you the ROYAL CARIBBEAN INVOICE.

I'm really not worried. I get on board @12 and I will check right away. She was the one who got me that much OBC anyway... Worse case scenario, they will reimburse me

I figured she was incorrect on that, but it is ok:)

OK OK! I see more responses ... I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask again :D

(My cruise is not until Sept 2 though. Do you think it is too early?... I was just trying to get an early start)

I'm really not worried. I get on board @12 and I will check right away. She was the one who got me that much OBC anyway... Worse case scenario' date=' they will reimburse me

[/quote']Most times OBC will not show up on your seapass account till the 2nd day.

Just wanted to follow up:

I contacted RCI (by email) after everyone advised me on here to try to obtain a copy of the Booking Confirmation and I explained to them that I asked my TA about it and she was unable to help me.

RCI just sent me a copy. I am really surprised. I figured they would email me back and tell me I had to get the information from my TA ... but they didn't say anything. Just sent me a copy.

All my OBC from RCI is listed, but not the OBC from my TA. (Is it supposed to be listed as well or no? I can't remember what you guys said)

I do see discrepancies from Special Needs (only one thing is listed and I asked for 3 things) so I am glad I saw that. :)

Just wanted everyone to know that even if you have a TA, RCI is accommodating.

We sailed on Royal Caribbean Voyager back to back in January. First, let me say RC could not have been any better with handling this problem.

We had encouraged three other couples to go with us on the first week and one other couple on the second week. None of us got what the online travel agent promised.

We were told we would each have dinner in a specialty restaurant plus one spa treatment. We did have this in writing on our confirmation and had the paper work with us. When we checked on board and went to make the spa treatment, they had no record of it. The customer relations desk was very helpful but had no record of our promotional and told us they needed to have notification from Online Vacation Center (OVC) to give us a credit. RC not only emailed they ended up calling OVC. After four days, RC called OVC and had my husband talk to them.

He was told that their travel agent had inadvertently given us this promotional and he had been fired. They offered us one of the promotionals and told us it was all straightened out for the second week. Which by the way it was not straightened out the second week for ONE promotional but RC told us just schedule your spa treatment and we will take care of.

RC did tell us that there are two online travel companies that never follow thru with their promises but they do not usually have problems with OVC.

We feel that OVC had sent us an email offering the promotional; we booked in the time frame needed. We had it in writing on our confirmation and they should have honored what we were promised. We cruise often, feel that OVC is a big company, and got more bad advertising by not following through.

We sailed on Royal Caribbean Voyager back to back in January. First, let me say RC could not have been any better with handling this problem.

RC did tell us that there are two online travel companies that never follow thru with their promises but they do not usually have problems with OVC.

Did RC tell you which online travel companies never follow thru? If you have any agency names, please email me at weluv2cruise at hotmail dot com as travel agent information can't be posted here. On our upcoming cruise in April we're supposed to have the dinner and spa bennies.

• 2 months later...
Did RC tell you which online travel companies never follow thru? If you have any agency names, please email me at weluv2cruise at hotmail dot com as travel agent information can't be posted here. On our upcoming cruise in April we're supposed to have the dinner and spa bennies.

Could you email the names, I have just booked with an agency been told I was getting a spa treatment and specialty dinner. lorencke@spsk12.net

Archived