breakfast/lunch in specialty restaurants

The only Specialty Restraunt on Adventure is Portofino...and they don't serve Breakfast or Lunch only Dinner ...so your choices are Room Service, Dining room or the Windjammer...

You may have been reading where diamond+ guests get to go into one of the specialty restaurants to EAT(not order!) in those dining rooms, rather than sitting in the buffet....

If you want a more pleasant breakfast experience, do try the dining room. You don't have to "dress up" for breakfast or lunch (shorts and flip-flops are fine) and you are served pretty much whatever you want....it's nice!

From your other thread I'm guessing you are in a suite. We had an OS on Adventure in October and were able to eat breakfast and lunch in Portofinos, you collect your food as normal from the Windjammer and take it into Portofinos to eat. They also had one of the small side dining rooms off the MDR set aside for waiter service breakfast for suite guests and the other one for D/D plus, every morning.

Julie

Just to add - MDR only open for lunch on sea days

Not always 100% true but usually...Depending on your ship/itinerary there can be times the MDR is open when in port for lunch...

You may have been reading where diamond+ guests get to go into one of the specialty restaurants to EAT(not order!) in those dining rooms, rather than sitting in the buffet....

It's for suite guests, not D+.

Not always 100% true but usually...Depending on your ship/itinerary there can be times the MDR is open when in port for lunch...

Yes, the usual change is at the private "islands". On most cruises, when the ship is at CocoCay or Labadee, the Windjammer is closed and the MDR is open for lunch. They need the personnel on the island for the lunch there.

we were on the Liberty in an Owners Suite. Guests were allowed into Chops and have their lunch in there instead of sitting in the Windjammer.

Personally I did not understand it as you have to get your food but

the wait staff can get you drinks and its more intimate.

Not impressed.

It's for suite guests, not D+.

Yes, the usual change is at the private "islands". On most cruises, when the ship is at CocoCay or Labadee, the Windjammer is closed and the MDR is open for lunch. They need the personnel on the island for the lunch there.

On our Freedom cruise, I think they had Chops for D+ and Portofino for suites (we were upgraded to a GS) but am not sure as we hardly went to the WJ.

On our Freedom cruise, I think they had Chops for D+ and Portofino for suites (we were upgraded to a GS) but am not sure as we hardly went to the WJ.

I have NEVER been allowed/invited to take my meals in the specialty restaurants. The sign at the entrance says "for Suite Guests/gold card required".

I would love to discover that this has changed to include D+!!!!!

I have NEVER been allowed/invited to take my meals in the specialty restaurants. The sign at the entrance says "for Suite Guests/gold card required".

I would love to discover that this has changed to include D+!!!!!

Will double check the next time we sail on FOS.

And I will absolutely investigate on the Independence next month! :D
great please report back. as I posted earlier, we don't use the Windjammer much -- especially on this last cruise. Love the Tutti Salad in the MDR on sea days and got room service on the two port days. Only used it on Coco Cay and embarkation day.

Archived