Summer 2012-Spring 2013 Release Date

CruisinEars

The date to announce the itineraries in advance of them going on sale is March 2nd. Obviously no announcement was made yesterday!! They leaked one announcement today, that the Crown Princess is moving to Galveston for winter Caribbean cruises. That's been it.

What I think is a little strange is the Caribbean Princess is listed as only going out of Ft Lauderdale to Princess Cays, Aruba, and Curacao ONLY...the whole season. No ship listed out of San Juan. Could this be right? Could there maybe be another ship out of San Juan?

Janet

If I am not mistaken Princess will be taken delivery of a new ship in the spring of 2013 now does that mean the spring season i.e. January or February 2013?

Not sure why Princess wouldn't have a cruise leave from San Juan I liked the 11pm departure it was like an extra port day and im sure they saved $$ on fuel since they were cruising from FLL

What I think is a little strange is the Caribbean Princess is listed as only going out of Ft Lauderdale to Princess Cays, Aruba, and Curacao ONLY...the whole season. No ship listed out of San Juan. Could this be right? Could there maybe be another ship out of San Juan?

Janet

My husband was just looking at that one and said "I wouldn't get on a plane for that itinerary".

I got 2 out of my 3 requests.. St. Lucia and Barbados on the same itinerary out of FL and 7 day Vancouver Return for Alaska.

Janet

Yeah, I noticed that too right away and no more Caribbean cruises in the Summer not even from New York! Wow!

I was hoping for 7 Day Bermuda cruises from New York.:rolleyes:

It's interesting to see that the Grand Princess will be on the West Coast in spring 2013... and they do seem to have picked up on the need to have more Pacific coastal voyages. The one with the overnight in San Francisco sounds interesting.

I'm so disappointed that they are doing away with the New York to Caribbean cruises! We have been doing the cruise every year...I hate to change cruiselines, but I can't get my mother on a plane so we will be limited to cruises from Boston or New York. Does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement cruise? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RickEk,

It looks like a lot more trips out of San Francisco, which many folks had been asking for.

I also note that the Coral/Island full transits come all the way up to LA, and no longer stop in Acapulco. THAT will make many people happy.

Interesting and subtle changes. I notice that all the Ruby does now is Grand Med. It's a great itinerary. But that moves Crown Princess out of Northern Europe back into the Med as well for Greek Isles and also Greek Island/Med. That leaves Caribbean Princess to now do British Isles. I was hoping that Crown Princess would still do that. But I guess after doing the Crown and Ruby, we'll go on the older Caribbean Princess. Hope it's as nice as the two newer ships.

I am a travel agent and these are the links I received today for the 2012-2013 season.

http://content.princess.com/pcan/images/1700/2012-2013_overview.pdf

http://content.princess.com/pcan/images/1700/2012-2013ProgRelItinFares.pdf

Thank you so much for posting these. We always have to wait longer in the UK for booking dates and itineraries to be released.

I am so pleased I can now start planning at least:)

I'm so disappointed that they are doing away with the New York to Caribbean cruises! We have been doing the cruise every year...I hate to change cruiselines, but I can't get my mother on a plane so we will be limited to cruises from Boston or New York. Does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement cruise? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am also very disappointed that Princess will not be sailing to Bermuda/Caribbean from NY next summer.

Although just something to be on the look out for....rumor has it that Royal Caribbean's Liberty of the Seas will be repositioning to New Jersey to replace the Explorer of the Seas for next summer. Not sure how true it is but it has been discussed quite a bit over on the RC message boards.

Thanks so much for posting the link to the new itineraries. I know many, myself included, have been looking forward to these for awhile now. The rearrangements of ships and some itineraries are interesting to see.

Archived