Something you do every cruise?

cruiser:)

I take the stairs. Only time I take the elevator is the last day , since we carry our luggage off...but this cruise, I plan to pack light so maybe not even then :)

Carribbean - Carnival Glory - July 2007

Mexican Riviera - Norwegian Star - April 2011

Alaska/Glacier Bay - Golden Princess - July 2011

Bermuda - Norwegian Star - August 2012

Bahamas - Carnival Imagination - October 2012

Western Caribbean - Norwegian Star - February 2013

countdown.pl?image=Beach-2&name=Msvegas23&date=2-17-2013&text=&ship=Norwegian Star

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My husband buys me a bud vase or similar flower arrangement on every cruise. (We are talking a long tradition as we are somewhere between cruise 60 and 70!) RCCL has a lovely flower cart so he picks out the flowers when we board. If traveling on another line, he orders flowers for the cabin.

M

Breakfast in the cabin every morning

Champagne in the cabin after boarding (this actually started with our 3rd cruise when Celebrity greeted us with glasses of champagne as we stepped on board)

DOD in hand on the top deck for sail away

Reading with an adult cold beverage within reach

Get an ornament of the ship - this started last cruise when our kids were with us and seeing them reminisce at Christmas about the last cruise is just priceless.

Crying on the balcony the last night - I'm the only one that does this. My mom is sailing with us this time, so who knows? Maybe she'll be crying out there with me!:o:)

Our last cruise, we got sparkling cider for the kids (now 17 & 13) so they could toast with us and they thought it was disgusting. This time we may just let them have a swallow of the real stuff - with a Sprite chaser!

I sing "the Love Boat Theme" to my wife, regardless of which cruise line we’re on.

Decorate the room and door with appropriate seasonal decorations.

Take the batteries out of the cell phone and store it in the safe.

Plot my eating schedule, sit down breakfast, breakfast buffet, sit down lunch, lunch buffet, cookies and ice-cream snack, sit down dinner, dinner buffet, pizza, late night buffet and room service every day!

Plan on walking a mile a day around the deck, but never do.

• 1 month later...

Only been on 2 previous short cruises but plan to combine must do's and add a few. Have 1 or 2 Drambuie every night at whatever lounge/bar I am in. Buy Christmas ornament. Have soft serve chocolate ice cream daily. Play shuffle board...learned to play last year w/6 & 10 year old grandkids & had a blast!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I like the idea many of you mentioned about trying new foods, its a perfect opportunity to try without wasting money if you don't like it.

I love doing trivia, too, and if they have any game shows I always participate. I won the 60 Seconds or Less Show on Carnival once!

One thing I haven't tried yet but got the idea on these boards: mixing ice cream with coffee for a frappucino! Yum!

• 2 weeks later...
I like the idea many of you mentioned about trying new foods, its a perfect opportunity to try without wasting money if you don't like it.

I love doing trivia, too, and if they have any game shows I always participate. I won the 60 Seconds or Less Show on Carnival once!

One thing I haven't tried yet but got the idea on these boards: mixing ice cream with coffee for a frappucino! Yum!

I love reading a good good book, taking a stroll and of course love to eat and drink. Also love to hit the gym and feel like I am working off the calories!!