Mani/Pedi Prices?

Does anyone know what they charge for a manicure and pedicure on Serenade of the Seas? Trying to decide if I would like to stay on the ship at one port and do that for my daughter (11 years old) and myself while my hubby & boys do a bike excursion. Or if should we should go & do an excursion with my brother in law and sister in law.

Thanks!

Does anyone know what they charge for a manicure and pedicure on Serenade of the Seas? Trying to decide if I would like to stay on the ship at one port and do that for my daughter (11 years old) and myself while my hubby & boys do a bike excursion. Or if should we should go & do an excursion with my brother in law and sister in law.

Thanks!

I found that the spa prices in general are usually double what you would pay on land. I think a manicure is $25 - $40.

I have had manicures onboard and they are not worth what they charge. With tip it comse to between $35-40 and I think a pedicure is $75. Maybe you and your daughter could go for pre-cruise mani/pedis as a special girls day out and then go on an excursion instead.

All of the spa prices are expensive...but the thing I hate is the way they pressure you into buying the products that they just used on you...

My last massage I asked the therapist to PLEASE not try to sell me, because I do not buy....she was polite, but still wrote down all the products and prices and handed it to me...I wonder if they are pressured by their employer (?steiner??) to sell products.

OF COURSE they are pressured to sell the product...that's where their profit is! They don't make much at all on the service, despite what they charge you...they are counting on you to BUY THE PRODUCT! Just like at Best Buy, when they attempt to sell you the extra warranty...pure profit!

Just say, "No, Thanks!"

All of the spa prices are expensive...but the thing I hate is the way they pressure you into buying the products that they just used on you...

My last massage I asked the therapist to PLEASE not try to sell me, because I do not buy....she was polite, but still wrote down all the products and prices and handed it to me...I wonder if they are pressured by their employer (?steiner??) to sell products.

Wow really for a massage?? I had a facial on Independence and it was good but I didn't like the high pressure sales pitch so I thought about a massage on the allure in a few weeks to reward myself for all my working out. I may have to do it before we leave. Thanks for the info!!!

fitbix....yes, after the massage they tried to sell "high priced ben gay", detox pills, oils etc...the whole deal can cost hundreds of dollars...like someone posted earlier, just say, no thanks, but their presentation takes about 10-15 mins...annoying to sit thru!!!! Even the accupuncture treatment does it!!!!

Once I told them...dont try to sell me the products and you get a bigger tip :cool: He told me in his french accent..."Well, if you want a sore back, pfff!"

Hi - your daughter may not be able to go to the spa since she's only 11. They say the spa age requirement is 13 - I know sometimes it's variable (due to how busy they are) if they stick with that or not but I don't know if I'd get her hopes up & then not be able to get in.

I might try the pre-trip day as suggested if you can fit it in or maybe the 2 of you could find something else special to do on the ship while your boys excusion on their own

Here is a thread from 2008. I dont know if the prices have changed much, but it can give you an idea. Prices are in the first post.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=742477

We have had massages on board and love them, but I would never pay the on board prices for the crummy mai/pedi. Much better at home. DD needed a nail fixed and had a manicure with it, ridiculous. Rather relax and enjoy it before I leave! Added enjoyment and anticipation.

stacey k cruisedivanj

Archived