3 Star Mariner

Aruba

Is this Rachel of Rachel, Tom, and Mama Jean fame?! How ARE you? This past New Year's, we did a variation of the Veendam cruise itinerary where we met you, this time on Eurodam. Hope we can meet again on another HAL ship some day!

Yep, It's us! All is well here. We just got off the Nieuw Amsterdam on Sunday and are 3 days short of 2 star. Our next cruise will be in 2013, hopefully the partial Panama Canal. Hope you and Jeff are well. We think of both of you fondly and yes, we will try to cruise with you again!

Rachel

We can identify with the OP since we also just made 3 star on our last voyage. HA really does not do much for its repeaters when compared to the competition. For example, we were recently on a Celebrity cruise were we enjoy Elite status. Every morning they had a special 2 hour continental breakfast (actually more then continental) with unlimited drinks (including Champagne, Mimosas, Bloody Marys, fresh fruit shakes, etc) in a private lounge. Every afternoon they also had a 2 hour cocktail party (with lots of hot hors d'oevres) with a big selection of cocktails and wine (all free). There were also the standard amenities such as priorty tendering (just walk up to the tender), booking discounts, etc. It is similar on RCI and Azamara. Princess also does a lot more for their Elite passengers then HA does for 4 Star. DW laughed when she said, on Princess they give us a free stocked mini-bar and on HA we get a silly tile. Oh well.

I agree -- I wish HAL's 3-star Mariner perks were more like Princess's Platinum perks (especially the free internet time -- 8.5 hours of internet time on a 2 week cruise).

Congratulations, Randy! Maybe we'll run into you on a HAL ship someday. Enjoy the cake.

Kersti and Rich

Hey there Kersti and Rich,

Great to hear from you. That west Africa cruise where we met had to be one of the most interesting cruises I've ever taken. I hope we meet again on a ship some day soon also!

Randy

Yep, It's us! All is well here. We just got off the Nieuw Amsterdam on Sunday and are 3 days short of 2 star. Our next cruise will be in 2013, hopefully the partial Panama Canal. Hope you and Jeff are well. We think of both of you fondly and yes, we will try to cruise with you again!

Rachel

We'll keep that in mind. I was in Costa Maya in January and bought some more vanilla at the same place where I got it for Jean. The price has gone up, more than a little. :rolleyes: Fond regards to all.

No, only this:

It's a long way to 200 days and some real goodies.

It's not as long as you think. Nor as hard, nor as uncommon. Time really does fly when you are having fun! On our last cruise they had nearly sixty 4 star Mariners. They outnumbered the first time cruisers!! We should qualify as 4 star after the Canada - New England cruise in April. Oh joy! Oh rapture!!!:D

Cake? REALLY????!!!!! I would have thought a gargantuan martini would be at your place. Can't wait to cruise with you again.

Cherie and the rest of the Clark Coles

Oh I hope that day comes!! What a blast we would have -- and now the kids are over 18 so they won't get any grief about being in the nightclub! xo ;)

• 2 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I received something from HAL outlining the mariner society benefits. For 3-star it says "25% discount on wine packages excluding Sommelier packages". I am familiar with the navigator and admiral wine packages but not with the sommelier package. Anyone know what that is?

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I received something from HAL outlining the mariner society benefits. For 3-star it says "25% discount on wine packages excluding Sommelier packages". I am familiar with the navigator and admiral wine packages but not with the sommelier package. Anyone know what that is?

Sommelier package includes some wine tastings, a wine momento and a wine pack (going by memory). If you are interested it is always wise to call as they can vary from ship to ship. and not always offered on all ships.

Now, the Sommelier dinner is a another whole kettle of fish. Excellent . delectable. If it's offered, go for the gusto:)

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but ...

But I'm glad you did! Sorry I missed your party back in March. At least now I can congratulate you on achieving 3* status.

Going for 4*, I'm sure. Have at it! :D

But I'm glad you did! Sorry I missed your party back in March. At least now I can congratulate you on achieving 3* status.

Going for 4*, I'm sure. Have at it! :D

And when I make it, we'll all celebrate on Prinsendam, my favorite! ;)

And when I make it, we'll all celebrate on Prinsendam, my favorite! ;)

We look forward to addressing you with your formal title: "Mr. 3 Star Mariner" on the Maasdam, Randy!!

Ricki

Archived