Royal Caribbean yearly WOW sale.

wv4dmb

We had our Wow sale for this Oct TA on the Liberty out of Barcelona. 8th Deck balacony went for a total of $875 pp + Insurance, TX and air for a total of $4132.86. We dropped that by doing air on our own thru our TA consolidator 1 way and return flight from FLL to Calif on points, so total ended up around $3700 something

Can you use a c&a certificate when you've booked a WOW sale?

No, WOW isn't combinable with anything, except a resident/military/etc. rate. You can't even use your platinum/diamond balcony discount with it.

Are the WOW sales really WOW?????

Not really I have found that these would be great for a first timer on RCCL or a gold member in the C&A club, or if you book only insides/oceanviews and there isn't a C&A certificate. Also it is for new bookings only so you can't use a Next Cruise cert either.

I have booked an inside during a WOW sale, but later switched to a balcony and then applied my diamond discount which made the $100 WOW OBC fall off the reservation but they let me keep the reduced deposit so it wasn't a total waste.

Are the WOW sales really WOW?????

Only if you aren't planning to book a balcony or are not eligible for a balcony discount...have no C&A coupon...or need the reduced deposit cause you have a large family...otherwise there is no WOW factor...also the prices generally are not "sale" prices at all...

Thanks for the information all!

Usually what is the WOW sale?

Is it usually th same offer each time?

~Steph:D

Yes, as I said...it's not really a "sale" as in reduced prices on cabins...although sometimes that does happen...it is mainly just reduced deposit..(half off) and on board credit...the balance of the deposit is still due...just not till final payment...and it isn't combinable with any other benefit.. .

Thanks for the information all!

Usually what is the WOW sale?

Is it usually th same offer each time?

~Steph:D

It's mainly to entice new cruisers who aren't entitled to other discounts or promotions. It is not much of a factor for those that book balconies and are entitled to those discounts. Basically, it works for some and not for others.

As I've already booked, if I see a great offer for a balcony cabin on the same sailing is it possible to change, or is the WOW Sale only for new bookings?

It doesn't hurt to call & ask. Someone on our May TA called and paid $100. more and got a great cabin. He was told that it was possible because it increased the ship's revenue. Someone else tried it, they were told no so they kept calling back until they got a customer service rep who was willing to do it. Good luck!

Thanks again everyone, for all the input and answers.

Since we have only been on two cruises, it will probably be worth it for us to wait til the sale, and get some OBC. And the deposit break to book it will be nice for some of our family members who want to wait till fall to pay for it. :p

Thanks again everyone, for all the input and answers.

Since we have only been on two cruises, it will probably be worth it for us to wait til the sale, and get some OBC. And the deposit break to book it will be nice for some of our family members who want to wait till fall to pay for it. :p

We've always done well with the WOW sale - no need to lay out so much money so far in advance, and we weren't entitled to other discounts so we appreciated this offer.

Here are the Terms & Conditions from the last WOW sale

The WOW Sale Onboard Credit per stateroom and 50% Reduced Deposit offer are applicable to all Royal Caribbean International ® cruises that sail from between January 1, 2011 and on, including Cruisetours. Offer applies to new individual bookings with deposit only. Not applicable to groups. Offer applies to all categories available. Onboard Credit offer is per stateroom, $50/$100/$200 depending on length of sailing. All bookings must be made and the required deposit must be paid on September 29 & 30, 2010 by 11:59 p.m. Local Time to qualify for the promotion. Bookings made on September 29 & 30, 2010 without deposit will not qualify for this offer. Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Crown & Anchor, Shareholder Benefits, Future or NextCruise offers. Offer is valid for Cruisetour packages but not combinable with other Cruisetours Onboard Credits. In the event that a guest has more than one applicable offer for the same sailing, guest can choose the offer he or she wishes to apply. Any existing booking that is cancelled between September 22 - 28, 2010 and is rebooked for the same sailing on Sept 29 - 30, 2010 will not be eligible to receive the offer. Any eligible reservation that is cancelled after September 29-30, 2010 and is reinstated or the sailing is changed will not be eligible to receive the offer. Onboard credit is in US dollars and will be applied to qualified booking by Royal Caribbean International within 3 weeks of the Sale. The 50% reduced deposit and onboard credit offer is applicable to on-line bookings; however, the on-line booking confirmation will not reflect this reduced deposit or onboard credit. The WOW Sale Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit offer is good until September 30, 2010, 11:59 pm, Local Time, based on availability and is subject to change without notice. Government taxes and fees are additional. Offer may be withdrawn at any time.

• 4 weeks later...
New bookings only.

and here we go again with people thinking that its for new booking only. Well it looks like that but if you know how to play well you may find a way to get the wow sale. And yes , thats the only secret i will never tell in here since I know royal caribbean read crusie critics;)

Archived