Repeat military discount

crusinpeg

You would think they could find a way to keep the information. They store passport numbers....this information should store just as easily. Maybe one day they will figure out how to do this. Would make it easier.;) On us and them.

You would think they could find a way to keep the information. They store passport numbers....this information should store just as easily. Maybe one day they will figure out how to do this. Would make it easier.;) On us and them.

It would be nice if they could flag an account to give the OBC each time and not have to process it each cruise. That would require a systems change. They may be working on it.

About 2 weeks ago I faxed in our documents for Military OBC, I then mailed the original documents also. However, I have not heard anything nor have see the credit added to my account.

Do you know how long it usually takes for the OBC to "hit"?

Thanks in advance.

About 2 weeks ago I faxed in our documents for Military OBC, I then mailed the original documents also. However, I have not heard anything nor have see the credit added to my account.

Thanks in advance.

What is the date of your cruise?

It would be nice if they could flag an account to give the OBC each time and not have to process it each cruise. That would require a systems change. They may be working on it.

I emailed the great suggestion that 'PescadoAmarillo" had previously suggested on a post to make it a part of our Captain's Circle record. It would merely require a notation with no sensitive documents to store. There would be some cost to program their computer system however in the long run it would be much better...for us & for Princess! We wouldn't have to submit documentation each time & Princess wouldn't have to process all of them either. I see no down side & in my email to Princess Customer Relations said all of this for them to consider. Their reply was "Thank you for your feedback. I will forward these great suggestions to our webmaster so maybe as Paul said they may be working on it. I don't see any downside...does anyone else see something that I'm missing? :o

Cruise Lines would like to keep the option to discontinue any OBC.

Makes perfect sense. Thanks Sultan.....:):):)

Bob

Having it noted that we are qualified in our Captain's Circle account doesn't require them to issue it if they decide to cancel their Military OBC program. :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance.

When they first started the program I heard back in a few days. We've booked a Panama Canal cruise for January 2012, and I've sent in the military OBC info twice, and still have not heard back. Anybody else having delays?

Thanks in advance.

When they first started the program I heard back in a few days. We've booked a Panama Canal cruise for January 2012, and I've sent in the military OBC info twice, and still have not heard back. Anybody else having delays?

For the CCL shareholder benefit, Princess will not entertain requests before final payment has been made ... wonder if it's the same for the military benefit? If so, that might explain the delays you're having.

It took about a week for our Military OBC to appear on our cruise personalizer for our upcoming Panama Canal cruise. By the way, we only faxed it in, didn't bother with the snail mail.

The Military OBC normally only appears on Cruise Personalizer if a cruise was booked directly with Princess. If booked through a TA, then it should be listed on their invoice but I always bring my emailed confirmation in case of a problem. Unless any of this has changed recently, this has been my experience & that of others on CC.

We got no notification that it had been applied - I had to call Princess and they confirmed. And we didn't wait till final payment - our cruise is Oct 22 and we applied 2 months ago. I would be nice if they could store that info so we need not apply each time.

There seems to be a wide variety of time frames for the military obc approval. A friend faxed everything on the 14th for an April cruise and so far no notification. We faxed our stuff on the 15th for an April cruise and nothing yet. Another friend faxed on the 16th for a June cruise and received an email confirmation on the 21st. Some receive that email confirmation and others have to call to check. On another thread on CC, a cruiser seemed to do everything right, but the credit was never applied. We have 3 future cruises booked and I do wish if the credit is approved a note could be attached to the Captain's Circle # attesting to that fact. It would save Princess (and us) a lot of paper work.

For the CCL shareholder benefit, Princess will not entertain requests before final payment has been made ... wonder if it's the same for the military benefit? If so, that might explain the delays you're having.

I am also wondering about this. On another thread someone mentioned that they had had no problems getting confirmation for their Military OBC for a cruise in Oct '11. I questioned how this was possible if final payment had not been made. Never received a response tho. Anyone know?

I did have to re-apply for the military OBC, but it was very easy - I just used my previous email with the attached documents and changed the cruise information.

The military OBC showed up on the Personalizer within one day. However, last week I noticed the same cruise was significantly lower in price on a different date so I called Princess to change the date of the cruise. (Basically, cancelling one cruise and booking a new one.) The agent was able to transfer the military OBC to the new cruise date while I was on the phone - she put me on hold and "checked with a different department", then came back on and told me it was done. I checked the Personalizer for the new booking number a few hours later, and there it was!:)

I'm wondering if there isn't some sort of problem with this.

I emailed the information over 3 months ago. Never heard back, so I faxed it 2 weeks ago. Still nothing. I am going to try and call to follow up later today, but the last 2 times we did this, we heard back within a week.

I'm wondering if there isn't some sort of problem with this.

I emailed the information over 3 months ago. Never heard back, so I faxed it 2 weeks ago. Still nothing. I am going to try and call to follow up later today, but the last 2 times we did this, we heard back within a week.

Liza McDaniel is no longer handling the military benefit program. Maybe that's the holdup? I understand documents need to be e-mailed to militarybenefit@princesscruises.com.

I'll be sending mine in. Hopefully, it will go through quickly.

Liza McDaniel is no longer handling the military benefit program. Maybe that's the holdup? I understand documents need to be e-mailed to militarybenefit@princesscruises.com.

I'll be sending mine in. Hopefully, it will go through quickly.

I thought the email address was shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com. Has this been changed?

The military benefit is entirely separate from the shareholder benefit. If you do not have a response by now from military benefit dept., just give them a call at the Princess 800 number and they will verify if it has been applied. Also, your TA should be able to give you the information.

Archived