List Of Where Your Favorite CD Might Be?? (merged)

We sailed Grandeur this past May on the repositioning cruise from New Orleans to Baltimore. Tom Canosa was the CD. I wasn't that impressed with him. No longer see his name listed. Does anyone know what happened to him? Also, our first cruise was December 2002 on the Monarch. The CD was Omar(?). He was the best but I haven't seen his name on anything. Does anyone know if he is still with RCCL:p

I was on Brilliance the first week of June and our CD was Bill Brunkhorst. They did mention though that he was going on vacation after our cruise.

Last Oct on Serenade we had Allan Brooks. He was the best, but I have not read anything here about him.

What happened to Allan???

Schplinky,

I read on the Boards (perhaps earlier in this thread) that Ken Rush will be the first CD on the Freedom. I do know that Ken is on the inaugural team and he usually takes out the new ships. DH and I had him on the Radiance, before the Brilliance was launched. I really thought he was great. I know a lot of people think he's full of himself, but I saw him all over the ship and he was always happy to chat. He's funny and did a great Quest. I'm really looking forward to being w/ him on the CC/C&A Freedom cruise in Oct 06. Anyway, that's MHO :rolleyes:

I always find these threads funny, as you see such conflicting opinions and everyone believes they are firmly right. Funny how some people love someone and some people hate them.

I am onboard Radiance right now in Alaska (DREADFUL WEATHER) and Matt Sole is here as CD. We find him delightful, having sailed with him a few years back as assistant on the Brilliance. He is polite, funny and EVERYWHERE. He just came back from vacation apparently.

I have noted some of the questions people have asked and will see if I can find out where these missing people are nowadays.

I had problems logging in today and so had to re register. Anyone else ever had that?

Schplinky,

I read on the Boards (perhaps earlier in this thread) that Ken Rush will be the first CD on the Freedom. I do know that Ken is on the inaugural team and he usually takes out the new ships. DH and I had him on the Radiance, before the Brilliance was launched. I really thought he was great. I know a lot of people think he's full of himself, but I saw him all over the ship and he was always happy to chat. He's funny and did a great Quest. I'm really looking forward to being w/ him on the CC/C&A Freedom cruise in Oct 06. Anyway, that's MHO :rolleyes:

I liked him too. At first, I thought his schtick was a bit much but he really gre on us. I did like that you saw him everywhere and that he was always happy to chat. We're on Freedom next September and I presume he will still be on. They tend to stay on 6 months.

I hope you don't mind if I help with the updates.

Adventure of the Seas – Richard Spacey (as of 8/1/05)

Brilliance of the Seas – Bill Brunkhorst (as of 6/1/05)

Empress of the Seas – Jimmy Rhodes (as of 3/14/05)

Enchantment of the Seas – Marc Walker (as of 8/21/05)

Explorer of the Seas - Clodagh O'Connor (as of 8/7/05)

Grandeur of the Seas – Drew Devine (as of 8/5/05)

Jewel of the Seas – Karen Mayberry (as of 8/8/05)

Legend of the Seas – Mike Hunnerup (as of 3/12/05)

Majesty of the Seas – Warren Melhuish (as of 8/22/05)

Mariner of the Seas – James Andrews (as of 8/1/05)

Monarch of the Seas –

Navigator of the Seas – Graham Seymour (as of 8/6/05)

Radiance of the Seas – Matt Sole (as of 8/25/05)

Rhapsody of the Seas – Dan Whitney (as of 7/24/05)

Serenade of the Seas – Kirk Detweiler (as of 8/02/05)

Sovereign of the Seas – Chris Armas (as of 8/19/05)

Splendour of the Seas – Rico Du-Breil (as of 7/30/05)

Vision of the Seas – Simeon Baker (as of 7/22/05)

Voyager of the Seas – Becky Thompson (as of 8/1/05)

I can't believe how much your list has changed since you first posted your complete list. Does RCCL have trouble either getting good talent for CD's or have trouble keeping them ? Just curious....

Does anyone have any idea what a CD would be paid and how many months their contract is for ?

I don't think that RCI has any more trouble keeping good CDs than other lines. Part of the reason for the changes involves vacation periods, and the fact that some CDs rotate among different ships. Some of the very good CDs on the list have been with the line for a good number of years.Others have moved on to other lines. One of Princess' most popular CDs, Graham Seymour, is now working for RCI. Perhaps someone knows whether CDs have any input on which ships they are assigned to. Is there a seniority system which gives CDs with longer service a priority when choice assignments become available? When you consider the dramatic increase in the number of mass market cruise ships in recent years, I sometimes wonder that they can staff all of them and still maintain some sort of quality standards.

We took our first RCI cruise in June 2001 and was on the Radiance of the Seas to Alaska. Awesome ship, awesome trip. Our only downfall was the CD. Parker something. He was cheesy, hokey, phoney, fake. Not our type of person at all. couldn't stand him.

In December 2004, we took a Vision of the Seas to Mexico. Guess who was the CD? We just about died when we heard "Good afternoon everybody, this is Parker your cruise director speaking...." All of his lines, the singing (garth brooks song), everything was EXACTLY the same as the trip 3.5 year before.

Now what is the chance of that happening??

We are booked for Vision of the Seas again on Oct 16-23, and are hoping that we don't get him again.

Pleasssssssse!

how often to they change?

That depends. It seems that a number of CD's have ships they are on regularly and then when they go on vacation someone fills in till they get back. So how long depends on the situation.

I can't believe how much your list has changed since you first posted your complete list. Does RCCL have trouble either getting good talent for CD's or have trouble keeping them ? Just curious....

Does anyone have any idea what a CD would be paid and how many months their contract is for ?

I don't think the changes in the list is unusual. If you consider that they have 19 ships that need a CD at all times while they also need vacation time and I am sure some need to leave from time to time for personal reasons. Since the list started in March, thats about 5 months now. That would be a long time for them to work 7 days a week and long hours.

It is also worth mentioning that just because the names change does not mean it is turnover in the company. Some are, but most are just rotations from ship to ship and vacations. I am sure they probably keep one or two on standby to fill in quickly if needed.

In December 2004, we took a Vision of the Seas to Mexico. Guess who was the CD? We just about died when we heard "Good afternoon everybody, this is Parker your cruise director speaking...." All of his lines, the singing (garth brooks song), everything was EXACTLY the same as the trip 3.5 year before.

Now what is the chance of that happening??

We are booked for Vision of the Seas again on Oct 16-23, and are hoping that we don't get him again.

Pleasssssssse!

Kathy, his name is Parker Cristian and we must have been on the same Mexican Riviera cruise, on the Vision. I will say, however, that he did a pretty good Quest (as opposed to the boring short Quest Matt Sole did on the Radiance last May). I didn't see him listed on the RCI Talent link someone posted earlier. Prehaps he's gone back to Wisconsin ... :rolleyes:

Matt is NOT on vacation. He has left Royal Caribbean to pursue a career in TV and/or Hollywood.

Thats too bad, I liked Matt even though I got tired of the Ausin Powers routine sometimes. Thanks for letting me know.

Anyone watch the fascinating show on TLC called "Drydock" which they did the Sovereign of the seas?

I think Keith Williams was CD. And then someone else came on, anyone remember who that was?

Also, 2nd question, what is "Quest"... don't think I ever heard that before.

thanks!

As of now- John Blair and his wife Katrina are on the Monarch

Does anyone know how long John and his wife will be on the Monarch. I would be so happy if he was there in Jan 06. John was the CD on the Viking Serande. A long time ago. Katrina was not even his wife yet.

RDeagazio When you sail in Dec will you find out for me if he will be sailing in Jan for me please?

Adventure of the Seas – Richard Spacey (as of 8/1/05)

Brilliance of the Seas – Bill Brunkhorst (as of 6/1/05)

Empress of the Seas – Jimmy Rhodes (as of 3/14/05)

Enchantment of the Seas – Marc Walker (as of 8/21/05)

Explorer of the Seas - Clodagh O'Connor (as of 8/7/05)

Grandeur of the Seas – Drew Devine (as of 8/5/05)

Jewel of the Seas – Karen Mayberry (as of 8/8/05)

Legend of the Seas – Mike Hunnerup (as of 3/12/05)

Majesty of the Seas – Warren Melhuish (as of 8/22/05)

Mariner of the Seas – James Andrews (as of 8/1/05)

Monarch of the Seas – John Blair (as of 8/28/05)

Navigator of the Seas – Graham Seymour (as of 8/6/05)

Radiance of the Seas – Matt Sole (as of 8/25/05)

Rhapsody of the Seas – Dan Whitney (as of 7/24/05)

Serenade of the Seas – Kirk Detweiler (as of 8/02/05)

Sovereign of the Seas – Chris Armas (as of 8/19/05)

Splendour of the Seas – Rico Du-Breil (as of 7/30/05)

Vision of the Seas – Simeon Baker (as of 7/22/05)

Voyager of the Seas – Becky Thompson (as of 8/1/05)

Anyone have any updates on the Brilliance, Empress or Legend? Other than those three we are quite up to date. I'll be on the Jewel, Grandeur and the Legend in that order between 8/31 & 11/5 and will provide updates by then for all three.

Archived