Prepaid gratuity etiquette

JENHERE4

Hi! 1st time Celebrity and cruise on Sunday!

We decided to prepay gratuities and buy the premium bev pkg. Can you tell me any additional people we should factor in tipping? In other words, who is not included on those "automatic" tips and how much extra to bring to tip?

So excited!

Thanks!

We generally give extra cash tips to our cabin attendants and to the waiters in the specialty restaurant, particularly if we have had a lot of table-side preparations. In the MDR (Select seating), we have sometimes left cash for our waiters if we have made special requests that we perceive may have contributed to their usual workload - extra items ordered during the meal (rather than at the start), special condiments,etc.

These extra tips are completely optional, and they are not expected by the staff.

So, along with tips for Room Service (personally, I tip if it's not my Room Steward bringing the tray), and the tourguide, I tip if I use a waiter at a lounge over and over again, and I have extra planned for my MDR waitstaff (traditional dining), and my Room Steward.

But as said, this is above the expected for tipping and not required....just done by some for extra service and so on.

Den

We have also tipped bartenders extra on the last day of the cruise for outstanding service.

I do the same thing:) There are usually a couple of bartenders who

I find at the beginning of the cruise and hang out at those particular

bars all cruise;) I give them something extra on the last day too.

On our Azamara cruise, my sandal broke. I just for yuks asked the Pursurs desk if they had any tape or anything. They took it from me, and a worker on the ship mended it for me. With hand stiching and everything. Maybe they knew they had somone who was handy with leather? I had the desk give him $25.00. They said it only took him a few minutes, I'm not sure, but I really appreciated it. To me, priceless. That was above and beyond. Those kind of things come up.

Has anyone ever gave a TIP to the Captain, purser desk, shopping expert, or CD?

Yeah, I tipped all of them.- told them never to buy a sailor a drink or he'll follow you all over the ship. A good tip for everyone to know!

Den

Sometimes when we eat in grill, I will tip out a server if they have done anything "extra" for me like refill or replace my ice tea, clear a table near the window for me, attentive service.

On our last Celebrity cruise, just about every time I visited Ladies by the grill, there was the same woman in there cleaning. She would hand me a towel to dry my hands and push the button to open the door so the last day I gave her $2 and you would have thought it was $100 she was so appreciative.

Tucker in Texas

I thought it would be best to ask here, so here goes: Do you tip the servers in the specialty restaurants aside from the pre-paid gratuities? We did a 25% tip last year because of the outstanding service at the specialty restaurant, but I just want to know if those servers are automatically included in the mix. Thanks!

I thought it would be best to ask here, so here goes: Do you tip the servers in the specialty restaurants aside from the pre-paid gratuities? We did a 25% tip last year because of the outstanding service at the specialty restaurant, but I just want to know if those servers are automatically included in the mix. Thanks!

Not usually..the tip is already in the Cost to you.

Archived