BBQ grill on the Balcony?

maxamuus

We decided to splurge and book our first balcony. Wahoo... Wondering if it would be ok to use one of those small round BBQ grills on the balcony? We live out west away from the ocean but LOVE fresh seafood. Since we are taking a Caribbean cruise thought it would be nice to buy some fresh conch or scallops or what not in port and BBQ on the grill.

Anyone done it?

I don't believe there is anyway you would be allowed to bring a portable barbecue onboard. Fire is such a hazard on a ship and a balcony fire can spread so quickly. Anyhow, why would you want to cook when there is someone wanting to do it for you and if you really want to eat the fresh seafood, why not have lunch in a restaurant in each port.

Jennie

We decided to splurge and book our first balcony. Wahoo... Wondering if it would be ok to use one of those small round BBQ grills on the balcony? We live out west away from the ocean but LOVE fresh seafood. Since we are taking a Caribbean cruise thought it would be nice to buy some fresh conch or scallops or what not in port and BBQ on the grill.

Anyone done it?

Max are you going to bbq for all of us on the roll call!!!!!!!!!!LOL

Just use the water from your inflatable pool in case things get out of hand when you're out there barbequeing. That's in case you can't use the sand you have handy when you turned your balcony into a private beach with all the buckets you brought on board from the first beach you hit.

PS. The best ever April Fools joke I ever fell for? A local radio station where I used to live was hoping to get a states law passed to allow lottery ticket sales. They said that for one day only registered voters could participate in a poll by swiping their drivers license in any ATM and it would register that bar code thingy on the back of your ID. Yes, stupid me fell for it because it kind of made sense. I still remember how stupid I looked swiping my drivers license several times at the bank ATM and wondering why it wasn't registering my vote! I felt like a bafoon. :eek: ;) :p

As our day is so far in front of yours and it is 6pm here, I really believed Maxamuus was for real. We have already had all our silly April Fool jokes hours ago. I don't believe I am an April Fool in this case!!

Jennie

Maxamuus, we did this on our last cruise when we had an aft balcony. You cannot imagine the fun of grilling while flying our kites off the tail of the ship. We caught our own fish for grilling, too! You need to load your reel with a LOT of line, since it is so far down to the water, so please be sure and do this before you pack; they don't carry fishing line on the ship.

Have fun, and expect a lot of people begging to join you on your balcony!!

Anyone done it?

Are you going to put it in your carry on or your checked luggage? With all of the weight restrictions you might have to leave everything except your jeans home if you put it in your checked luggage

but if you put it in your carry on the scanner might catch it. :confused::confused: ;) :confused::confused:

PS Can I bring some fresh tuna for you to grill? :p

I used to bring an electric BBQ and an extension cord and BBQ steaks and then bring them down to the dining room to show the chef how to really cook meat mediam rare!It was a real education in culinary skills.:)

Anyone done it?

We took a small hibachi type grill on our Antarctic cruise two years ago. Nothing like watching the polar bears frolic on ice floes while munching some freshly grilled penguin on your balcony. Princess thoughtfully provided lots of paper promotional material each day for use as kindling. Tip: Horizon Court coffee is great for cleaning grills.

We Tip: Horizon Court coffee is great for cleaning grills.

LOVE THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

It reminds me that years ago my husband used Coke to clean a corroded battery. It worked and I haven't drunk Coke since! :eek::eek::eek:

Anyone done it?

With all respect to those who love BBQ, please DO NOT BBQ on a ship's balcony!!! Enough concerns to think about being at sea, and not worry about someone starting a fire for a BBQ... They have supervised BBQ's on the ship, in the wide outdoors if you really need BBQ Food. And people worry about cigarette smoking on balconies?

No flaming please, just my PERSONAL opinion.

UANDME4EVER: I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. ;)

Never mind the April Fool's, never mind the grill, wouldn't you just LOVE to see the looks on their faces as you tried to bring a huge bag of charcoal on the ship? :p

I'm from NY originally! I'm usually the one who sells that bridge, LOL..no harm at all Guess I just wasn't paying attention to what day it is. OMG;)! I'm sort of "embarrassed":o, cause I'm not really gullible..says me:)

Safe and fun sails always ~ With or without your BBQ:D

maxamuus, we did this on our last cruise when we had an aft balcony. You cannot imagine the fun of grilling while flying our kites off the tail of the ship. We caught our own fish for grilling, too! You need to load your reel with a lot of line, since it is so far down to the water, so please be sure and do this before you pack; they don't carry fishing line on the ship.

Have fun, and expect a lot of people begging to join you on your balcony!!

rotflmao!!!!!:d

We took a small hibachi type grill on our Antarctic cruise two years ago. Nothing like watching the polar bears frolic on ice floes while munching some freshly grilled penguin on your balcony. Princess thoughtfully provided lots of paper promotional material each day for use as kindling. Tip: Horizon Court coffee is great for cleaning grills.

Don't you mean "south polar bears?" They are a different species and are very distant cousins to the "north polar bears".

DON

LMAO, at least that coffee would be good for something!

BTW, I was waiting for an April fools joke, so I saw it coming. Nice job!

Archived