BBQ grill on the Balcony?

maxamuus

.....when we had an aft balcony. You cannot imagine the fun of grilling while flying our kites off the tail of the ship....

I told my wife we could fly kites from our aft balcony but she wouldn't believe me. I'm gonna do it on our next cruise! It'll be so cool!!!!

If you sail Carnival Dream, they offer bar b q on their lido deck on sea days.

But, a few years back we had the same idea and smuggled a bar b q grill on board. We were never fortunate enough to catch any fish or conch, but, while on tour in Mexico, our tour bus hit a steer and killed it. We convinced the bus driver to allow us to cut off a couple of steaks because of the delay in getting back to the ship.

It was kind of difficult getting them back onto the ship because they were "dripping" (if you know what I mean, being fresh and all that). But, we put them in a jewelry store bag and we were good to go.

Anyway to make a long story short, we were able to grill them a couple of nights later (after giving them some time to age) but, they were still tough. Nothing like corn fed beef.

It wasn't worth it. Dine in the MDR.

Just use the water from your inflatable pool in case things get out of hand when you're out there barbequeing. That's in case you can't use the sand you have handy when you turned your balcony into a private beach with all the buckets you brought on board from the first beach you hit.

PS. The best ever April Fools joke I ever fell for? A local radio station where I used to live was hoping to get a states law passed to allow lottery ticket sales. They said that for one day only registered voters could participate in a poll by swiping their drivers license in any ATM and it would register that bar code thingy on the back of your ID. Yes, stupid me fell for it because it kind of made sense. I still remember how stupid I looked swiping my drivers license several times at the bank ATM and wondering why it wasn't registering my vote! I felt like a bafoon. :eek: ;) :p

That's nothing. My local radio station said they would be broadcasting in colour in future!

I think the bbq would be good but if you throw the briquets off the Balcony becarefull not to hit the skiiers skiing behind the ship.Also carefull of those of us fishing off our balconies,

jeff

Oh, I have loved reading this thread. My dh always says that he would love to bring a grill and a fishing rod. He even has thought of bringing a cooler on wheels with steaks to grill. I just shake my head and laugh!

It is funny.

But you would be amazed at the number of true geniuses who really do try to bring fishing poles, charcoal BBQ's, loaded guns, etc on their cruise.

Bruce -- I don't want to be a true genius, but can you

tell me why princess doesn't allow helium?

It's listed along with weapons and flammable liquids.

Seriously, this is not April fools.

In the old days, there were helium balloons on the

dining room table for 'American Night'.

We decided to splurge and book our first balcony. Wahoo... Wondering if it would be ok to use one of those small round BBQ grills on the balcony? We live out west away from the ocean but LOVE fresh seafood. Since we are taking a Caribbean cruise thought it would be nice to buy some fresh conch or scallops or what not in port and BBQ on the grill.

Anyone done it?

Well, sorry for this but it has us laughing out loud. Think about the risk of putting something that could catch fire on a floating resort. You will be able to get some nice fresh seafood in port -- please do not try to bring a BBQ onboard.

Actually, this gives me a great idea. Bring a small disposable BBQ in your carry on baggage along with some "smuggled booze". By the time they are done arguing with you over why you can't bring the BBQ, they will not even bother looking for the booze. Now, seriously, we have never tried to fly kites off of the aft, but bubble bottles work great! I often wondered it the folks up on the Windjammer wondered where the bubbles were coming from.

We decided to splurge and book our first balcony. Wahoo... Wondering if it would be ok to use one of those small round BBQ grills on the balcony? We live out west away from the ocean but LOVE fresh seafood. Since we are taking a Caribbean cruise thought it would be nice to buy some fresh conch or scallops or what not in port and BBQ on the grill.

Anyone done it?

ROFLO....APRIL FOOLS joke. Too funny....even if I read this a few days late.

A bbq on the balcony would give the ship's fire party some practice. LOL.

Trouble is the wafting smells of the steaks might attract pirates.

Knowing Princess, I would expect the 15% service charge to be imposed on the delivered steak.

When I first saw this, I couldn't imagine someone who had sailed before actually thinking this would be OK, and thought something was 'fishy'! And the thought of going into a port, buying and then trying to bring fresh seafood on board left my mouth hanging. Good April Fool joke! It garnered 3 pages of comments!

When I first saw this, I couldn't imagine someone who had sailed before actually thinking this would be OK, and thought something was 'fishy'! And the thought of going into a port, buying and then trying to bring fresh seafood on board left my mouth hanging. Good April Fool joke! It garnered 3 pages of comments!

Did it take you 6 days to figure that out??:)

Archived