Sapphire -- Any Time -- One more time-- sorry

rwadam

No way to know what the "special" item is since the entire cruise's menus can change.

There is and has always been one specialty item in each of the four

anytime dining rooms on the Sapphire:

Fajitas - Santa Fe

Egg rolls something - Pacific Moon

Osso Bucco - Vivaldi

Savoy - Pork Chop -- can't remember specifcally how it's prepared

It's offered every single night in each respective dining room in addition

to other special dishes that change every night, along with the

always available menu;)

anytime dining rooms on the Sapphire:

Fajitas - Santa Fe

Egg rolls something - Pacific Moon offers a sizzling shrimp/scallop noodle dish

Osso Bucco - Vivaldi

Savoy - Pork Chop -- can't remember specifcally how it's prepared

It's offered every single night in each respective dining room in addition

to other special dishes that change every night, along with the

always available menu;)

see above in red

anytime dining rooms on the Sapphire...

Correct, however the ship is at the mersey of the providers. The menu is set weeks or months ahead of time. Possibly the entire season. But if the provider cannot deliver a product to the ship during the few hours while it’s at the dock a substitution is made.

On the Sapphire a few years ago, the pork chop you mentioned missed the ship. As I recall some kind of strip steak was with us for a week.

Correct, however the ship is at the mersey of the providers. The menu is set weeks or months ahead of time. Possibly the entire season. But if the provider cannot deliver a product to the ship during the few hours while it’s at the dock a substitution is made.

On the Sapphire a few years ago, the pork chop you mentioned missed the ship. As I recall some kind of strip steak was with us for a week.

I have learned something new:)

Am at the airport after getting off he ship. We walked in to Vivaldi every night between 7:45 and 8:00 and never had to wait. We had the same table and waitstaff each night. Service was fantastic. Ask for Jose and Victoria and you will enjoy the experience.

Am at the airport after getting off he ship. We walked in to Vivaldi every night between 7:45 and 8:00 and never had to wait. We had the same table and waitstaff each night. Service was fantastic. Ask for Jose and Victoria and you will enjoy the experience.

Thanks very much for relating your experience!:)

I like the Santa Fe myself. I enjoyed the Asian scallop noodle dish. I like the fajitas, too. It's not like what you expect fajitas to look like, but it was still good in it's own way. I'm looking forward to getting it again on my next Sapphire cruise.

We have been on both the Sapphire and the Diamond (the sister ship) . I perfer the savoy. I just like the design of it. reminds me of a NY steakhouse in the 1950s. My wife perfers the Santa Fe. Why? I have no clue. On the Diamond each restaurant had a special item on the menu specific to that restaurant. I did not notice that on the Sapphire. They may have had it but I did not know about it and I forgot to ask. We eat early so our situation may be different from yours. But we had no problems on the Diamond. On the Sapphire they were reserving up to 60 to 70% of the seats for ATD. You had to be there at 5:30 or risk a 90 minute wait. Once we figured that out we arrived at 5:20 and never waited again.

Archived