Carnival Cruise Pricing

Well, all of us that do a little research know what Carnival charge per day for a cabin in the U.S.

Carnival Spirit is coming and they are being VERY cagey about what they are likely to be charging when it arrives.

Does the jury think that Carnival will:

A) Only increase the room rate a little for the Hawaii-Sydney leg and then increase the room rate incrementally over time so no-one notices.

B) Charge about the same as the US mainland to Hawaii trip on the Hawaii-Sydney trip. Then after the refit charge exorbitantly in the hope that no one will remember what they were before and everyone will then think that P&O are good value for money.

C) Charge a reasonable rate for the Sprit whilst decreasing the price of their other old P&O ships to genuinely reflect what their value is.

I wonder (and live in hope)

Paul

Please do not post any 60 line explanations about P&O being value for money and you can't compare prices overseas with prices here, everyone knows the overheads are the same wherever they are and so the pricing should be per cabin per day.

For what it's worth I believe that Carnival will price the Spirit between P&O and Princess.Just an opinion and I could well be wrong.I notice RCCL are slowly becoming more expensive than they were a couple of years ago and I'm sure the Spirit is here to to compete directly against them.I firmly believe the only way Carnival Australia will reduce pricing is when they can't put bums on seats(even then they can easily reduce ships).

I have recently booked a couple of cruises on Carnival USA and the cruises are way cheaper.But that is life and if we had 300 million population things could well be cheaper.The killer is I will have to auction off a couple of kids to pay the airfare (I have photos to remember them).

;)

Well, all of us that do a little research know what Carnival charge per day for a cabin in the U.S.

Carnival Spirit is coming and they are being VERY cagey about what they are likely to be charging when it arrives.

Does the jury think that Carnival will:

A) Only increase the room rate a little for the Hawaii-Sydney leg and then increase the room rate incrementally over time so no-one notices.

B) Charge about the same as the US mainland to Hawaii trip on the Hawaii-Sydney trip. Then after the refit charge exorbitantly in the hope that no one will remember what they were before and everyone will then think that P&O are good value for money.

C) Charge a reasonable rate for the Sprit whilst decreasing the price of their other old P&O ships to genuinely reflect what their value is.

Paul

Please do not post any 60 line explanations about P&O being value for money and you can't compare prices overseas with prices here, everyone knows the overheads are the same wherever they are and so the pricing should be per cabin per day.

Under B) you mention "refit." Do you believe the refit is going to be done in Australia? The reason I'm asking is that there seems to be a lot of folks who are sitting around waiting for the Honolulu to Sydney cruise to be available for booking, and some of those folks believe that Spirit is going into drydock before the Honolulu to Sydney cruise. Just wondering.....

Under B) you mention "refit." Do you believe the refit is going to be done in Australia? The reason I'm asking is that there seems to be a lot of folks who are sitting around waiting for the Honolulu to Sydney cruise to be available for booking, and some of those folks believe that Spirit is going into drydock before the Honolulu to Sydney cruise. Just wondering.....

To be honest I can't find anything re the fitout date.

It would probably make more sense to do it in the US.

It's great that Carnival is bringing this ship down here.

I just would like us to get the same value for money that cruisers have overseas.

My original post was a bit tongue in cheek, we all know that the cruise lines watch these posts. It doesn't hurt now and again to give them a bit of a wind up and remind them that we know what's going on with pricing and ship capacities, both of which increase dramatically when their ships enter our waters.

Have a great day, sunny again here in Perth.

Paul

To be honest I can't find anything re the fitout date.

It would probably make more sense to do it in the US.

It's great that Carnival is bringing this ship down here.

I just would like us to get the same value for money that cruisers have overseas.

My original post was a bit tongue in cheek, we all know that the cruise lines watch these posts. It doesn't hurt now and again to give them a bit of a wind up and remind them that we know what's going on with pricing and ship capacities, both of which increase dramatically when their ships enter our waters.

Have a great day, sunny again here in Perth.

Paul

Thanks, Paul!

When we cruised on the Sun Princess "Around Australia" two years ago, Perth was my favorite city!!

Paul

Hey Paul

I love tongue in cheek too....but i'm with you the cruiselines do read whats going on so here i go.....I am going for a cross between b and c although i am unaware of any refit news...at the time of year they are relocating they are going to have some competition in the Hnl/Syd route so i feel they will be competitive price wise for that cruise ....... For their 1st season here, especially whilst the short stay international ships are here, i think prices will be reasonable....however once they feel established i bet they will start the slow increase of price whilst reducing the onboard quality just as P & O Australia has...we were onboard one of their ships recently and the CD boasted to us at the bar one night how proud he was that P.& O Australia was No 1 profit wise in the Carnival Corp fleet......must say having not been onboard for 2 years with all the cost cutting changes we saw it didn't surprise us...cheers Shiona

Hey Paul

I love tongue in cheek too....but i'm with you the cruiselines do read whats going on so here i go.....I am going for a cross between b and c although i am unaware of any refit news...at the time of year they are relocating they are going to have some competition in the Hnl/Syd route so i feel they will be competitive price wise for that cruise ....... For their 1st season here, especially whilst the short stay international ships are here, i think prices will be reasonable....however once they feel established i bet they will start the slow increase of price whilst reducing the onboard quality just as P & O Australia has...we were onboard one of their ships recently and the CD boasted to us at the bar one night how proud he was that

P.& O Australia was No 1 profit wise in the Carnival Corp fleet...

...must say having not been onboard for 2 years with all the cost cutting changes we saw it didn't surprise us...cheers Shiona

Perhaps that explains why so many ships have decided to head down this way.

They all want a slice of the wealthy Australian market.

That is what Business is ALL about! They don't exist to provide a service - they exist to make a profit (as large as possible) by providing a service . There is a slight difference between the two.

There have been some that are no longer with us - eg Ocean Village - apparently very popular with a big following - but you would have to ask the owners why they decided to do away with them

Barry

Interesting what you learn on this site.

I did suspect that P&O Aust earned profits way over and above the other Carnival lines.

The thing is there is fair profit and taking advantage of a closed market which they had for a long time.

Passengers here pay good money on P&O Aust for what is basically a trip on a fun ship rather akin to an RSL club on sea.

That's fine if that's what you are selling but they should say that and don't try and kid people that they are getting a traditional cruise in all senses of the word.

Paul

The sun is setting on another great day here in Perth, send some cruise ships here!

There have been some that are no longer with us - eg Ocean Village - apparently very popular with a big following - but you would have to ask the owners why they decided to do away with them

Barry

So they could send them to Australia as our latest "superliner"!

So they could send them to Australia as our latest "superliner"!

We know that!! :D - but the question is "why??"

Barry

Because Australia is seen as a gullible market.

They have kept the brand name. From the response in the UK, I'd guess they are going to replace the same product with newer ships, which don't break down all the time.

Because Australia is seen as a gullible market.

They have kept the brand name. From the response in the UK, I'd guess they are going to replace the same product with newer ships, which don't break down all the time.

Are they? When it was announced that the Ocean Village ships were coming to Aus, I think I read that Ocean Village will be ceasing trading because they didn't get enough bookings. We will see. :)

Are they? When it was announced that the Ocean Village ships were coming to Aus, I think I read that Ocean Village will be ceasing trading because they didn't get enough bookings. We will see. :)

The reason I heard for the closing of Ocean Village was that P&O Cruises had increased its capacity with the introduction of the new ships like Azura and Ventura . OV's main attraction was its price but the new ships could offer prices that Ocean Village could not match any more.

Archived