Smuggling liquor onboard for our Honeymoon?

Hotrocker2011

Hello, Me and my FI will be going on our honeymoon on Nov 5th with carnival on the destiny. We are on a very tight budget and just cant offered paying 5-10 for a drink. I have 7 question and wanted to know if anyone can help me answer them.

1) I wanted to know if it was possible to smuggle liquor on board the ship.

2) Is this ship very strict about this kind of thing?

3) If we are caught will we be put off the ship?

4) Do we buy the liquor when we land In FLL (I know this may be a dumb question...lol)

5)What are some ways to get it on board?

6) Do we put it in the things we take to our room or leave it in the luggage and wait for it to be taken to our room

7) Any thing else that might help....

Thanks.

1) I wanted to know if it was possible to smuggle liquor on board the ship. Of course it's possible. Hundreds of people on cruisecritic have done it. Search for the word "liquor" and you'll get hundreds of posts about it.

It's against the rules on all of them. But according to Carnival's website, you can bring 2 bottles of wine with you.

I'm new here, but I've never read of that happening to anyone.

4) Do we buy the liquor when we land In FLL (I know this may be a dumb question...lol)

If you don't want to fly with it.

Rum runners, hiding it in suitcase, putting vodka in water bottles. Read some of the threads here on cruisecritic, including the one euro cruiser suggested, and you'll get a thousand ways.

6) Do we put it in the things we take to our room or leave it in the luggage and wait for it to be taken to our room

See #5.

1) I wanted to know if it was possible to smuggle liquor on board the ship. Of course it's possible. Hundreds of people on cruisecritic have done it. Search for the word "liquor" and you'll get hundreds of posts about it.

It's against the rules on all of them. But according to Carnival's website, you can bring 2 bottles of wine with you.

I'm new here, but I've never read of that happening to anyone.

If you don't want to fly with it.

Rum runners, hiding it in suitcase, putting vodka in water bottles. Read some of the threads here on cruisecritic, including the one euro cruiser suggested, and you'll get a thousand ways.

See #5.

Cruiselines make lots of money from alcohol sales. They are very strict about examining your luggage for contraband. You can find answers on Carnival's webpage:

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation Day:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises).

All alcohol/hard liquor/beer (sealed, unopened bottles/cans), wine/champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest (sealed, unopened bottles) or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages (over 12 per person, sealed, unopened bottles/cans) will be confiscated and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be available for collection in onboard designated location on the morning of debarkation. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case

Ports-of-Call:

Alcoholic beverages of any kind purchased in any Port-of-Call will be retained at the gangway, stored on board and held by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Gift Shops On Board:

Alcoholic beverages of any kind purchased in the ship's gift shop will be stored on board and be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

They retain the right to put you off the ship if you violate any of these policies, which you agreed to when you purchased your ticket.

Cruiselines make lots of money from alcohol sales. They are very strict about examining your luggage for contraband. You can find answers on Carnival's webpage:

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation Day:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises).

All alcohol/hard liquor/beer (sealed, unopened bottles/cans), wine/champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest (sealed, unopened bottles) or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages (over 12 per person, sealed, unopened bottles/cans) will be confiscated and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be available for collection in onboard designated location on the morning of debarkation. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case

Ports-of-Call:

Alcoholic beverages of any kind purchased in any Port-of-Call will be retained at the gangway, stored on board and held by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Gift Shops On Board:

Alcoholic beverages of any kind purchased in the ship's gift shop will be stored on board and be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

They retain the right to put you off the ship if you violate any of these policies, which you agreed to when you purchased your ticket.

Ok thanks

What cruise ship and line are you on? Some lines have stricter enforcement than others, plus if you post to the board for your cruise line you will get more exact info.

So you will be on your honeymoon, how much do you plan to drink and where? If you want to drink in public areas it may be nicer to just order from the bar and drink less. If you plan on drinking in the cabin that may be different. Some lines allow you to order a bottle for the cabin. So what line you are on matters.

Regardless enjoy your cruise.

The times, they are a-changin'. Cruise lines sell drinks and don't really want pax bringing their own. In tough economic times such as what we currently enjoy, the lines are more diligent with maintaing any revenue stream that they can.

Your success with breaking the alchohol rules successfully have a number of variables. It's a Carny ship, so it's a bit more relaxed with the boozing.

Rumrunners do sometimes get caught. Some people just fill a suitcase with BudLight and check it, then leave the suitcase at the end of the trip. Some people bring beer instead of that BudLight.....

Departure ports have a bearing on how stringent they are on catching and confiscating smuggled hootch. Miami has been very diligent recently.

If you decide to smuggle and it is confiscated, please don't come back here to complain about getting caught. It happens and that's the breaks.

There are rumors of successful smuggling operations but they are generally regarded as jest posts with the intended result of getting fellows such as yourself into trouble.

One other note: confiscated hootch that isn't in sealed original containers will not be returned to you at the end of the trip. Liability and legal issues there.

Since you are on Carnival and they allow 1 bottle of wine on board per guest then I have heard this works well (never tried it)

- Buy Cheap Wine with dark outside

- Empty and Clean Bottle

- Pour in liquor

- Recork so it looks like original packaging.

• 2 weeks later...
Since you are on Carnival and they allow 1 bottle of wine on board per guest then I have heard this works well (never tried it)

- Buy Cheap Wine with dark outside

- Empty and Clean Bottle

- Pour in liquor

- Recork so it looks like original packaging.

Since there are so many bottles of wine made with a screw top it would work. This is a super idea! Bravo!:D

I know it's not a 'shared opinion' but it makes me feel bad to read about sneaking and smuggling on a honeymoon...... I'd hate if DH and I had started our lives together in that mind set. Just me and no one has to agree. I'd rather not have the drink than 'smuggle'.

We're married coming up to 42 years and I wish you the same and more. :)

I know it's not a 'shared opinion' but it makes me feel bad to read about sneaking and smuggling on a honeymoon...... I'd hate if DH and I had started our lives together in that mind set. Just me and no one has to agree. I'd rather not have the drink than 'smuggle'.

We're married coming up to 42 years and I wish you the same and more. :)

Sail, I share your opinion.

NBT, LOL.............

. As you can see this is a rather touchy subject on the cruise boards.

I think this may be because this question is asked over and over and over. Sometimes reading CC I think a lot of its members are:

1. Alcoholics

2. Too cheap to purchase drinks onboard

:)!

Okay,

Honeymoon,

Each of you get a bottle of Champagne. (Considered wine so no problem)

Wrap a white ribbon around the top of each bottle.

Two bottles of Champers chilled will get both tipsy.

And you will probably get at least one from the ship. (Be sure that your Travel Agent lets the Cruiseline know it is your Honeymoon.)

And you can have family or friends buy a bottle from the Bon Voyage Department.

So you should be able to get 2+1+maybe 2 from friends, so about 6 bottles of Champagne for your cruise.

That should help dull the fact that you are now married.

Mazeltov!

So you can spend the entire cruise drinking Champagne!

And to save even more money, each of you can steal a couple of peces of silverware from the dining room each meal - at the end of the cruise you will have accumulated several full place settings.

Don't forget to pack the ship's soap, should get enough to last awhile.

Sail7Seas: Agree with you. If short on money and want to spend honeymoon drunk get a motel room, not a cruiseship.

Archived