Share a bargain/deal

What a cruise saver! :)

Junior Suite on the Rhapsody 1.2.14 $1750 for 10 nights which is LESS THAN the superior balcony cabins.

If you're a member of the RCI Crown & Anchor loyalty program that's 2 points for each night as well. Got to love a bargain!

BTW I'm noticing that as our $AUD goes down against the $USD our prices are rising. :(

Gae

Junior Suite on the Rhapsody 1.2.14 $1750 for 10 nights which is LESS THAN the superior balcony cabins.

If you're a member of the RCI Crown & Anchor loyalty program that's 2 points for each night as well. Got to love a bargain!

BTW I'm noticing that as our $AUD goes down against the $USD our prices are rising. :(

Gae

Hi Gae, we met on board the Voyager last November.

That is a great price. My usual site has the JS at US$2259 for this sailing.

Gae

Gae thanks for sharing these bargains. And it leaves on my birthday too. Not soo tempting as a solo.

Edited by icat2000

That is a great price. My usual site has the JS at US$2259 for this sailing. - Yes I've checked a few OS sites recently and then of course there's the taxes to be added on top! Makes our Aussie online TA's much cheaper this time. [/quote]

Hello Brian

Yes I remember you as you organised our first night get-together in Portofinos Restaurant which overlooked the Opera House as our first night was spent in Sydney Harbour! Very special!

I see you've been cruising again since then and are now a Diamond member which I'll achieve after our South Pacific cruise next February.

Where are you cruising next? :confused:

EDIT: Oh I see you will be on the Radiance from Sydney to Perth with us! It will be great to meet up again!

Gae

Edited by gaechann

Hi Gae,

Was that Rhapsody deal booking direct with RCL? The double points will get us closer to Diamond Plus. :)

Jill

Hi Jill

My first sentence gives you further information of the online site that I found it on :)

Gae

That is a great price. My usual site has the JS at US$2259 for this sailing. - Yes I've checked a few OS sites recently and then of course there's the taxes to be added on top! Makes our Aussie online TA's much cheaper this time. [/quote]

EDIT: Oh I see you will be on the Radiance from Sydney to Perth with us! It will be great to meet up again!

Gae

WHOOPS! Didn't look at the ship, just the date, silly me! :oEnjoy your next cruise on the Voyager! I did look at this one especially as the price is so reasonable but my grandchildren in Perth have to come first! :D

Hello Brian

Yes I remember you as you organised our first night get-together in Portofinos Restaurant which overlooked the Opera House as our first night was spent in Sydney Harbour! Very special!

I see you've been cruising again since then and are now a Diamond member which I'll achieve after our South Pacific cruise next February.

Gae

No, my next cruise is on Voyager out of Singapore in October (Balcony for $80 per night!) We may see you again in February though. We have sent off an email regarding the Rhapsody trip you mentioned.

Hi Jill

My first sentence gives you further information of the online site that I found it on :)

Gae

I found out the hard way that you can't mention TA's directly by name :mad:

It makes it difficult to share bargains but I guess it stops a lot of advertising.

No, my next cruise is on Voyager out of Singapore in October (Balcony for $80 per night!) We may see you again in February though. We have sent off an email regarding the Rhapsody trip you mentioned.

Hello Brian - maybe NOT as we are booked for 11.2.14 which really is the BETTER deal when you work it out per day.

Maybe NOT nearly as good as you have for the Voyager trip from Singapore though I haven't checked the other cabin types as we have booked a JS which will get me to Diamond level.

I really can't see much advantage being a Diamond Plus member on RCI so will probably look at Princess or Celebrity after that.

Gae

Edited by gaechann

Gae once you are diamond on Royal you are automaticly Elite on Celebrity anyway :Dlots of nice perks

Jacquie

Thanks for the information Jacquie!

I guess it might be a good idea to purchase a Celebrity NCC on board my next RCI cruise!

Do they have any Balcony discounts and/or Savings Certificates as well?

Gae

Hello Brian - maybe NOT as we are booked for 11.2.14 which really is the BETTER deal when you work it out per day.

Maybe NOT nearly as good as you have for the Voyager trip from Singapore though I haven't checked the other cabin types as we have booked a JS which will get me to Diamond level.

I really can't see much advantage being a Diamond Plus member on RCI so will probably look at Princess or Celebrity after that.

Gae

It's a lot of extra nights to get to Diamond plus, but seeing as you are have earned Diamond, why not take advantage of those perks? Priority status, Free drinks each night. We are getting a $300 balcony discount and $150 OBC, etc. Seems silly to get there and not use it.

I realised that I cant book next Feb until after the cruise in October as I only have one FCC. This upcoming cruise I might have to buy two :)

It's a lot of extra nights to get to Diamond plus, but seeing as you are have earned Diamond, why not take advantage of those perks? Priority status, Free drinks each night. We are getting a $300 balcony discount and $150 OBC, etc. Seems silly to get there and not use it.

I realised that I cant book next Feb until after the cruise in October as I only have one FCC. This upcoming cruise I might have to buy two :)

Re Diamond C&A member - I know Brian but I'm ready to go to some smaller ports and can't go overseas yet whilst I'm still working part-time and have Mum to consider so thought some different ships might be the answer.

I see where you've just been on Legend. It was our first ship and we LOVED her!

As to you only having one FCC to hand - isn't that all you need to make your next RCI booking? Is there something I'm missing here?

Gae

Re Diamond C&A member - I know Brian but I'm ready to go to some smaller ports and can't go overseas yet whilst I'm still working part-time and have Mum to consider so thought some different ships might be the answer.

I see where you've just been on Legend. It was our first ship and we LOVED her!

As to you only having one FCC to hand - isn't that all you need to make your next RCI booking? Is there something I'm missing here?

Gae

How is your Mum going? I meant to ask earlier.

Legend was great after the refit. They have a Diamond Lounge which was great. We particularly liked the new specialty restaurants.

We purchased a FCC last trip but have used it for the Singapore cruise in October. I now need another one for the Feb Voyager cruise:)

You can always sail out of Asia. Scoot has $219 flights to Singapore.

As Jacquie said, you can use your Diamond status on Celebrity so that is a big plus. The only downside is that the nights on Celebrity wont count towards your RCI nights.

How is your Mum going? I meant to ask earlier. She's doing very well thanks though of course struggles to walk for too long. She's so excited about our trip to Perth where I have 5 grandchildren - her g.grandchildren! I have NOT mentioned the South Pacific trip next February to her yet but I know it was on her bucket list so I'm sure she'll be OK to go!

Legend was great after the refit. They have a Diamond Lounge which was great. We particularly liked the new specialty restaurants. Great! We like to partake of the specialty restaurants too - such great service and so reasonably priced compared to on-shore restaurants! We bought a dining package on the Rhapsody for about $55 for the 3 restaurants.

We purchased a FCC last trip but have used it for the Singapore cruise in October. I now need another one for the Feb Voyager cruise:) Ah, now I understand! I too have only been purchasing one at a time but I think I should purchase more so that I'm able to take advantage of the specials when they occur.

You can always sail out of Asia. Scoot has $219 flights to Singapore.Yes, I like the idea of that repositioning cruise. Might see how we go for late next year!

As Jacquie said, you can use your Diamond status on Celebrity so that is a big plus. The only downside is that the nights on Celebrity wont count towards your RCI nights. Yes, I've read about that. I just wondered if there's any balcony discounts, OBC and/or savings certificates available as there is with RCI [/quote]

Talk again soon!

Edited by gaechann

• 3 months later...
Ah, it's P&O UK. How much is the inside without a shower?

:p

Do you mean that you have to bath on the deck with a bucket?:D

That reminds me of the lady who was asked when she was booking a cruise ...

Would you like an Inside or an Outside Cabin ?

...she replied...

Inside of course...It might rain.:D

March 2014

Sun Princess Relocation cruise ..

Sydney to Kobe.

Some great sale prices have been released for this cruise.

(At least for you get time to shop around for a cheap one way air fare back, instead of of being trapped into a last minute air fare.)