Added bonus: Upgrade to Outside stateroom from $500pp

and receive a FREE balcony stateroom upgrade

FREE

FLIGHTS &

SAVING

$100PP

INTERIOR FROM

$1799PP

We are doing this cruise. We booked thru a TA & got a hotel for 1 night + transfers included. The 'included' air flight didn't suit us so we paid a bit extra to fly Singapore Air. All up, incl tips around A$2350 pp for interior cabin - deck 7.

We booked this back in Feb.

Edited by mr walker

We are doing this cruise. We booked thru a TA & got a hotel for 1 night + transfers included. The 'included' air flight didn't suit us so we paid a bit extra to fly Singapore Air. All up, incl tips around A$2350 pp for interior cabin - deck 7.

We booked this back in Feb.

Thats what I like about packages that Travel Agents have put together themselves......

you can choose to take the best bits and add on little extras to suit. :)

Some cruise line fly/cruise deals are not as flexible.

We have given up on "budget airlines" (for long distance flights)...been there done that and had lots of fun , but these days are very happy to pay a little extra and fly when it suits us, not when it suits the airline. In the overall cost of the holiday , its not much .

We have given up on "budget airlines" (for long distance flights)...been there done that and had lots of fun , but these days are very happy to pay a little extra and fly when it suits us, not when it suits the airline. In the overall cost of the holiday , its not much .

ABSOLUTELY David --- when we were younger we always looked for the "cheapest" of everything -- now that we don't have to, it is a hard habit to break!!! Had a close look at a very interesting package recently -- looked too good to be true. It basically was - the flight times and the flight schedule would have been horrendous.

Barry

I'm with you on cheap airlines and even cheap deals on good airlines. My sister in law was excited that she was saving $30 by leaving on a 6am flight, meaning she would have to leave home around 4.30 am. And she can certainly afford to pay more. Unusual priorities. I am a slow starter. :)

I'm with you on cheap airlines and even cheap deals on good airlines. My sister in law was excited that she was saving $30 by leaving on a 6am flight, meaning she would have to leave home around 4.30 am. And she can certainly afford to pay more. Unusual priorities. I am a slow starter. :)

There are cheap flights to NZ which leave at 6AM from Brisbane -- trouble is they allow you no luggage, and for me to depart Brisbane at 6 AM, I would have to get up at 2 AM -- 1 hour to get ready to leave home, 1 hour drive to airport and 2 hours for check in to an International flight.

yes -- "cheapest" is usually not "best" :)

Barry

MSC's current special -

16 days Rio (Brazil) to Genoa from 11/3/2014

Inside 1520 for 2

Outside 1870 for 2

Balcony 1920 for 2

They will even book one way flights to Brazil and home from Italy, which is always a problem with one way flights with TA's.

In my experience, no other cruise line comes close to offering such good specials in advance.

MSC were meant to be coming to Australia. It is a pity about the delay as they would introduce modern ships and much needed competition. No need to look for price drops. Just pay a special price straight up!

They're good with early special pricing for the ocean crossings like this, as they are far less popular. However, the advance price for regular cruises isn't a special straight up.

Hi all!

It seems to me that the Voyager of the Seas has some great prices for this coming summer season.

She is due to go in for a complete overhaul once she leaves us early next year so I guess the bookings are a bit slow as many will want to wait until she is re-vamped.

I'm weighing up between a short trip to Tasmania or off around NZ again. Great Junior Suite prices = double points. :)

I want to try Princess cruiselines but will stay Loyal to Royal (mostly anyway) until I've reached the best balcony discount level on their loyalty program.

Gae

• 1 month later...

RCI have dropped the prices on their September 2013 Transpacific cruises quite significantly.

MIL rang to see if should could get the new rate like in the USA but ended up cancelling, loosing her $100 pp deposit and her OBC from her future cruise certificate and still came out on top!

Talking about budget airlines, quite often by the time you add a meal (which you need on a long flight) and the cost for checked baggage, it's often cheaper to go with the airline where the airfare includes everything. We never book budget airlines for longhaul flights these days.

Jill

Edited by Gold Coast Cruisers

There are cheap flights to NZ which leave at 6AM from Brisbane -- trouble is they allow you no luggage, and for me to depart Brisbane at 6 AM, I would have to get up at 2 AM -- 1 hour to get ready to leave home, 1 hour drive to airport and 2 hours for check in to an International flight.

yes -- "cheapest" is usually not "best" :)

Barry

My business partner just returned from NZ, he decided to go about 4 weeks ago and then realised it was school holidays, but we found a good deal on China Airlines, that included food and 23kg bag. The best price was not listed on any of the online sites that allow you to compare flights, only on the China Airlines site. We took that to our TA who did a price beat. The flight times were leaving BNE 12 noon arrive AKL 5pm, return was AKL was 7pm arr BNE 9pm. They fly via BNE 3 times a week.

Talking about budget airlines, quite often by the time you add a meal (which you need on a long flight) and the cost for checked baggage, it's often cheaper to go with the airline where the airfare includes everything. We never book budget airlines for longhaul flights these days.

Jill

Sometimes the food you can buy on the plane is better than the slop that included in some tickets. You can also bring your own food onto the plane as well.

The best price was not listed on any of the online sites that allow you to compare flights, only on the China Airlines site. We took that to our TA who did a price beat. .

We found that as well when we flew to Thailand for a cruise. The price on airlines websites is not always the best.

Pays to at least ask your TA , as they have access to some wholesale deals which they can pass on.

We could have flown on a budget airline which would have meant a long overnight stop in Melbourne then 2 more stops on the way. The deal we got was even cheaper and we flew non stop during very civilized hours.:)

According to the Jetstar website you can bring your own food:

"we offer a range of refreshments and it is a good idea to pre-order and pay when you book your flight. Whilst you also have the option of ordering on-board, we only have a limited supply on each flight and some refreshments can become unavailable. You can also bring your own food on board."

But I have never tried.

That reminds me of a south west flight in the USA in 1996. The seats aren't allocated and the seats also face the other way in a group of six, round table style. A Mexican couple got on board with a hot pizza and sat next to us. They shared it round and we had a great time with our 2 kids and this couple.

That reminds me of a south west flight in the USA in 1996. The seats aren't allocated and the seats also face the other way in a group of six, round table style. A Mexican couple got on board with a hot pizza and sat next to us. They shared it round and we had a great time with our 2 kids and this couple.

Flew Southwest a month ago, and things are much the same. They now pass around free drinks and goodies like chips. The thing that stood out most on both flights we did....were the amount of dogs (normal, not seeing eye dogs) onboard sitting with their owners:eek::D

the amount of dogs (normal, not seeing eye dogs) onboard sitting with their owners:eek::D

Lordy. My husband would have an asthma attack on the spot. He is severely allergic to dogs and on a plane it would be horrendous.

I believe with Jetstar here in Australia you are not allowed to bring on your own food.

While I normally avoid Jetstar whenever possible, I flew to Darwin on Jetstar in March. It was a four hour flight, and my sister and I had a little picnic of goodies we brought onboard. :D

Cheers,

Flew Southwest a month ago, and things are much the same. They now pass around free drinks and goodies like chips. The thing that stood out most on both flights we did....were the amount of dogs (normal, not seeing eye dogs) onboard sitting with their owners:eek::D

"Service" dogs are everywhere in the US now - for all sorts of "health" issues :rolleyes: