Aqua Class Cabins?

Fitnessmaniac

Look at the deck plans for whatever ship you are interested. They are located in different places on different ships. They are not different in size from most other cabins, but with AQ you dine in Blu, have access to areas of the spa that are not accessible to other cabin classes.

Here's the list from Celebrity's website:

• Double occupancy only

• Hansgrohe® shower panels

• Aroma scent selections

• Pillow menu to customize your night's sleep

• Complimentary bathroom amenities

• Daily deliveries of bottled water and teas

• A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange AquaSpa treatments

• Plush AquaClass Frette® bathrobes and slippers

• Enhanced personal care products

• Free, unlimited access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room

• Special programming and wellness classes

What are Aqua Class cabins? How are they different? Thanks. :)

It looks like you are new to Celebrity, so welcome! I guess you already know that you can transfer your Diamond Status over to Celebrity so you will be Elite? There are some great benefits with that.

We loved Aqua Class on the Eclipse. Which ship will you be on? We were in Cabin 1606 which has one of the larger balconies on the hump. We loved the free bottled water and tea, nicer balcony furniture, bedding and towels. Having Blu for your dining room is one of the main reasons many book Aqua Class. It's smaller and more intimate like a specialty dining room with mostly tables for two and it's anytime dining. You are not restricted to this dining room, however, and are free to dine in the MDR on their select dining plan on a space available basis. We would check out the menus each day that are posted in front of both dining venues and decide where to eat for the evening. Another great benefit is the expanded room service breakfast menu. You get free smoothies and fresh squeezed juices at no charge. It's really nice to sit out on the balcony. There's also free access to the Persian Gardens and Relaxation Room which are nice.

Here's a list of the good cabins to look for on the Solstice Class ships that have larger balconies. Have a great cruise!!!

Resort Deck: 2105, 2109, 2106, 2110

Penthouse Deck: 1547, 1552, 1601, 1605, 1606, 1610

Sky Deck: 1075, 1044, 1231, 1243, 1247, 1108, 1120, 1124

Panorama Deck: 9155, 9192, 9209, 9215, 9237, 9241, 9266, 9270, 9292, 9296

Vista Deck: 8197, 8160, 8257, 8253, 8230, 8226, 8279, 8283, 8252, 8256

Sunrise Deck: 7159, 7206, 7215, 7219, 7241, 7245, 7260, 7264, 7286, 7290

Continental Deck: 6155, 6156, 6209, 6215, 6237, 6241, 6210, 6214, 6236, 6240

There's a sticky at the top of Celebrity's threads where you can search by cabin number and see other's comments on the cabin you are interested in. It will tell you whether others thought the cabin was noisy or not. It's a good place to find information.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

Only thing I would add to Kathy's list of AQ benefits, is the wonderful shower! We really enjoyed Blu and can't wait to dine there again. I just updated the S class spreadsheet, so you will find lots of info. On AQ cabins, pros and cons of various locations, listed there.

What is the dress code for Blu? Do you have to dress up for formal nights or is it smart casual dress every night? Looking forward to our first aqua class experience but not sure what clothes to pack. Thanks for all the helpful information.

What is the dress code for Blu? Do you have to dress up for formal nights or is it smart casual dress every night? Looking forward to our first aqua class experience but not sure what clothes to pack. Thanks for all the helpful information.

Blu follows the dress code of the main dining room.

It looks like you are new to Celebrity, so welcome! I guess you already know that you can transfer your Diamond Status over to Celebrity so you will be Elite? There are some great benefits with that.

We loved Aqua Class on the Eclipse. Which ship will you be on? We were in Cabin 1606 which has one of the larger balconies on the hump. We loved the free bottled water and tea, nicer balcony furniture, bedding and towels. Having Blu for your dining room is one of the main reasons many book Aqua Class. It's smaller and more intimate like a specialty dining room with mostly tables for two and it's anytime dining. You are not restricted to this dining room, however, and are free to dine in the MDR on their select dining plan on a space available basis. We would check out the menus each day that are posted in front of both dining venues and decide where to eat for the evening. Another great benefit is the expanded room service breakfast menu. You get free smoothies and fresh squeezed juices at no charge. It's really nice to sit out on the balcony. There's also free access to the Persian Gardens and Relaxation Room which are nice.

Here's a list of the good cabins to look for on the Solstice Class ships that have larger balconies. Have a great cruise!!!

Resort Deck: 2105, 2109, 2106, 2110

Penthouse Deck: 1547, 1552, 1601, 1605, 1606, 1610

Sky Deck: 1075, 1044, 1231, 1243, 1247, 1108, 1120, 1124

Panorama Deck: 9155, 9192, 9209, 9215, 9237, 9241, 9266, 9270, 9292, 9296

Vista Deck: 8197, 8160, 8257, 8253, 8230, 8226, 8279, 8283, 8252, 8256

Sunrise Deck: 7159, 7206, 7215, 7219, 7241, 7245, 7260, 7264, 7286, 7290

Continental Deck: 6155, 6156, 6209, 6215, 6237, 6241, 6210, 6214, 6236, 6240

There's a sticky at the top of Celebrity's threads where you can search by cabin number and see other's comments on the cabin you are interested in. It will tell you whether others thought the cabin was noisy or not. It's a good place to find information.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

As a newer active member od CC, I just want to thank you for your really informative posts! Now I just have to figure out how to bookmark them!

Phyllis

What are Aqua Class cabins? How are they different? Thanks. :)

We completed our cruise April 11/11. We were Aqua Class - 1592 - and will definitely go again......our cabin was quiet and the service and perks amazing!!!

Just got back from Aqua Class on the Solstice. It was wonderful, also stayed on the hump (1608). The best perk was Blu - wonderful restaurant. Great advantage at breakfast over the chaotic buffet poolside restaurant with families scrambling for tables! You get to be with your waiter and assistant waiter both in the morning and at night. Loved the towels and the shower gets in the cabin.

As a newer active member od CC, I just want to thank you for your really informative posts! Now I just have to figure out how to bookmark them!

Phyllis

Click the post number -- in your case, it was post #9. It will open up in a new window. Click on your favorites and add it. You can name it whatever you want.

Kathy posted all the largest balconies on the S-Class ship. Note that the other balconies not listed on the angle are also large balconies -- only about a foot or so in length shorter, but they too are very large balconies. You just have to look at the deck plans. Note in this link/thumbnail: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=24259746&postcount=14

Hi Fitnessmaniac,

Several people have said that their AQ cabin was under a restaurant and they had lots of noise. I'm sure this isn't true of all AQ cabins, but worth thinking about.

Jodie[/quote

We had an AQ cabin on the Equinox last summer. The AQ cabins are on the Penthouse deck immediately below the resort deck. Our cabin was located on the "bump", immediately below the pool area. There was a band that played on the resort deck, by the pool, a few evenings and from our cabin we could slightly feel the bass drum and slightly hear the music. The performances usually ended by 11:00 pm so while it was unexpected (it was our first cruise on a solstice class ship), it really was not an annoyance. If it concerns you, perhaps you could choose a cabin farther forward or aft. We find AQ to be great for all of the reasons cited in the responses above. If you can find a cabin, I think you will enjoy it.

Just got back from Aqua Class on the Solstice. It was wonderful, also stayed on the hump (1608). The best perk was Blu - wonderful restaurant. Great advantage at breakfast over the chaotic buffet poolside restaurant with families scrambling for tables! You get to be with your waiter and assistant waiter both in the morning and at night. Loved the towels and the shower gets in the cabin.

The shower tickled my wife's fancy. Now I am in the process of installing one. The Blu was the best feature of AQ class. We ate breakfast and dinner in Blu and lunch at the Aqua Cafe and I still gained 4 lbs on a 7 day cruise.

To each her own - or his own. I was in Aqua Class on the Eclipse in January and would not book AQ again. Yes, the room was great, service excellent and amenities wonderful - if you will use them all. I didn't. I got to the Persian Garden once, don't drink much water, tea was okay but not something I had to have, a flower in the room is something I can take or leave, canapes sometimes not delivered and sometimes just not that good. Relaxation room was relaxing, and I did go there a few times. Didn't pay attention to bedding being better than other cabin classes (maybe that's just me). Yes, shower very nice.

Blu was good, and the service was impeccable, but I think I would have preferred MDR. Actually I would have eaten in the MDR after the first night, but I was with three first time cruisers who loved Blu, so we stayed.

Please understand. I'm not negative about Aqua Class. I'm just saying that I didn't personally use all the extras enough to make it worth the cost, and I know me well enough to know I wouldn't use them the next time, either.

Interesting discussion here. We booked AQ class on the Ecilpse, after having a CC cabin on the Equinox a year ago. We were not impressed with the MDR, tables were too close together (we found it distracting to have waiters and staff constantly moving between tables to serve), plus food and service uneven. After 6 nights we skipped the MDR for the remainder of a 13 night cruise. We were in the Mediterranean on a port intensive cruise -- found we were more satisfied with the Lido buffet vs MDR. Our next cruise is in the Carribean so we decided to try AQ class and Blu next time around.

• 2 months later...

We just upgraded to AQ and I'm looking forward to giving it a try, anyway!

I was wondering; since Blu is basically Select Dining and you can go in anytime you wish, do you need to prepay your gratuities in AQ as well or is that only for cabins electing Select in the MDR?

I've read a ton of threads on AQ but I'm excited now and digging back through search to read about the perks to see if there's anything I've forgotten! I just have to keep checking back every day to see if a hump cabin opens since I've got the one with the window washer :(

Archived