What are they thinking/drinking/smoking?

BruceMuzz

On my ship this week, a female passenger arrived at the Purser's Desk, very upset. She demanded that we sack her cabin stewards immediately and allow her to disembark the ship with a full refund.

She claimed that her cabin stewards were intentionally trying to humiliate and embarrass her every day.

One of my staff tried to get a clearer explanation of the problem.

The passenger complained that every evening her cabin attendants were removing one or more towels from the bathroom, shaping them into replicas of male genitalia, and leaving them on her bed.

The Front Desk Attendant asked if there was one on the bed at that moment. The passenger replied that there was.

The Front Desk Attendant accompanied the woman back to her cabin to investigate.

The towel creation was, indeed, on the bed.

The Front Desk Attendant said, "Madam, do you not see that it is a swan? You can see the wings, the neck, the head, the beak, and even the small eyes the steward has attached to the side of the head."

The woman then asked, "If it is supposed to be a swan, why are the cabin attendants putting them only in my cabin?"

The Front Desk Attendant replied, "Madam, it is a company policy that the Cabin Attendants put these in every cabin, every night."

The woman sat down on her bed, next to the swan, and put her head in her hands, saying, "I am soooo stupid, and soooo embarrassed."

The Cabin Attendants were not sacked.

The passenger decided not to disembark.

But we cannot help but wonder what else this woman is seeing on her cruise...........

Poor lady..... sigh

On the other hand, I'd rather the stewards have an extra few minutes off than have to put those towel animals in all cabins. Perhaps they could leave a note in each cabin asking if guests would like to have them or perhaps leave them in cabins that have children.

I take them apart each evening and fold the towels. They don't 'thrill' me. I don't much care to find them on the bed. Certainly harmless enough.....

OMG, I will never see any swan the same way again, towel or live :D

It would be so easy to ask the attendant to stop making those creatures out of towels - oh, well, at least I don't see in them what she is seeing... unfortunately :p

Perhaps if the lady had found these, I might be able to see how she was upset.

This picture were posted on the photo discussion board awhile ago but, not wanting to offend anyone's sensibilities, you can choose to look or not.;) Post #34

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=625526&highlight=towel+animals&page=2

Poor lady..... sigh

On the other hand, I'd rather the stewards have an extra few minutes off than have to put those towel animals in all cabins. Perhaps they could leave a note in each cabin asking if guests would like to have them or perhaps leave them in cabins that have children.

I take them apart each evening and fold the towels. They don't 'thrill' me. I don't much care to find them on the bed. Certainly harmless enough.....

Absolutely agree. Just imagine how long the crew have to spend doing those creations.

Too funny! I bet she felt bad....I personally LOVE the towel animals. We didn't get them on our Princess cruise and I was beyond sad. I like to take pics of them every day and save them on the back of our sofa. We also have left a note in towels for our cabin steward at the end of our cruise.....

We once got some "payback" for those towel animals. It was on a longer RCI cruise (I think it was a 2 week transatlantic) and we had a great steward who could have been the teacher at "towel animal school." Towards the end of the cruise we decided to have some fun. My wife took one of the bathrobes and stuffed it with some towels and clothes until it looked like a real person. DW put a hat on its head and used some sunglasses. We had it propped up in our cabin chair facing the cabin door. We then played with the cabin lighting until we got it just right (I think we just used the bathroom lights and left the door open a crack. We then went off the dinner. The next morning our steward knocked at our door and had a big smile on his face. He said when we went in our cabin to turn down the bed he almost jumped out of his shows when he saw this person on the chair. He said he quickly called several other stewards to see our "robe person" and they thought it was great.

Last year we cruised for 42 days on the Prinsendam and our steward was a towel animal master. We had a large window sill (we had a cabin with portholes) and we started collecting the towel animals and putting them under the portholes. At one point we had about ten of them and we got some good pictures of our "towel animal zoo."

Hank

OMG, I will never see any swan the same way again, towel or live :D

It would be so easy to ask the attendant to stop making those creatures out of towels - oh, well, at least I don't see in them what she is seeing... unfortunately :p

Good thing he/she didn't make a SNAKE!!:eek:

OMG, I'm seriously laughing here. This made my day. :D

Archived