soda/Pop Cards

dmc1025

Ok I just got off the phone with Princess and talked to someone who couldn't answer my question unless she was reading a script. I heard/read somewhere that Princess offered two different Pop/Sada cards. The rep didn't know about this just the one card. Has anyone heard about there being two different kinds of cards you can get? Also the rep kept saying the card/sticker was good for fountain soda. I asked what happens if you order a soda from someplace that doesn't have a fountain and she couldn't answer my question. Use to be you just got a bottle or whatever and it didn't matter where or how you got the pop. Just trying to figure out if it would be worth it to purchase if I can't use it wherever I want. Can anyone tell me what the are charging per soda on the ship?

Thanks

Ok I just got off the phone with Princess and talked to someone who couldn't answer my question unless she was reading a script. I heard/read somewhere that Princess offered two different Pop/Sada cards. The rep didn't know about this just the one card. Has anyone heard about there being two different kinds of cards you can get? Also the rep kept saying the card/sticker was good for fountain soda. I asked what happens if you order a soda from someplace that doesn't have a fountain and she couldn't answer my question. Use to be you just got a bottle or whatever and it didn't matter where or how you got the pop. Just trying to figure out if it would be worth it to purchase if I can't use it wherever I want. Can anyone tell me what the are charging per soda on the ship?

Thanks

"Soda " card (actually a sticker) is good for fountain dispensed soda only. If you was canned you neeed to purchase if by the individual can. (I believe they ar $1.50 ea plus 15 % tip)

Thanks

There are two options for a soda sticker on your cruise card. The Coke sticker is good for unlimited soft drinks, and the Ultimate Kids Package includes unlimited soft drinks, milk shakes, virgin cocktails, smoothie's, and canned root beer I think. The coke sticker is around $4/day and the UKP is between $7-9/day.

If you want a can of soda, I think it's $1.95/each plus 15% gratuity each time.

Mike

Thanks

There is no place from where you can order that doesn't have a fountain. Therefore, no cans are included.

We were on the Ruby last week. The Ultimate Kids package included all the mocktails/sodas/hot chocolates/milk shakes for $7 per day (+tip). It's a great deal if you drink the mocktails. My kids did 2 per day, plus the soda.

Having said that, I took a case of diet pepsi/diet mt dew and some diet caffeine free sodas (none of which are available on the ship) for the cabin so that I didn't have to leave the cabin every time I wanted something to drink.

My suggestion is to do both. And everyone doesn't need to get a soda sticker. They fill up the thermos bottle that you get with the package no matter who has it.

Where do you purchase these stickers, and what do they get stuck on?

The moment you board, there will be crew members selling them at tables in the stairwells and at the pool. The sticker will go on your cruise card. You'll also receive a metal sippy cup too. (Don't bother carrying it around. Just show your card at any bar and ask for a large soda!)

The soda card is NOT good at Princess Cays. The ultimate drink card is GOOD at Princess Cays for juice and smoothies. The ultimate drink card used to be called ultimate kids card and now anybody can buy it.

Last week on the Crown, one bar attendant near the pool, asked to see my card when I presented the coke cup.

Thanks everyone. I just wish after spending so much time waiting and then dealing with this lady she would have told me about the other card. I came right out and asked her so I don't get why she didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about. Thanks again for all the help.

Thanks everyone. I just wish after spending so much time waiting and then dealing with this lady she would have told me about the other card. I came right out and asked her so I don't get why she didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about. Thanks again for all the help.
It's still generally known as the Ultimate Kids Card and it's just recently been changed to the Ultimate Card and available to anyone. When there are constant changes, it's hard for the reps to keep up with everything.

My daughter got the Ultimate Card for our January cruise and loved it. She's in her 30's and prefers not to drink, so it was great to be able to order a virgin drink while we were having cocktails or for her to get a soda or smoothie during the day.

I have a question regarding water. Are there fountains available to get a drink of water, or do you have to buy bottled water every time you need a drink? Is the soda card good on bottled water? Thanks

I have a question regarding water. Are there fountains available to get a drink of water, or do you have to buy bottled water every time you need a drink? Is the soda card good on bottled water? Thanks
Soda card is not good for bottled water. There are no water fountains on board. Water is available in the Dining Rooms and the Horizon Court. There are multiple water and ice dispensers in the Horizon Court. You should also be able to get a glass of ice water from any bar. If you bring a water bottle on board you can refill in your room from the bathroom sink or ask an attendant to fill your bottle in the Horizon Court. You can keep cool water in the mini-fridge in your room and your steward will fill the ice bucket in your mini-fridge several times during the day.

No Water "Cooler" Fountain Anywhere.

Also one will find signs that one should not refill containers with water or ice at the buffet -- but like most ship rules it is ignored by too many.

... Are there fountains available to get a drink of water...

Thanks

There is usually one in the fitness area.

You're not missing much. Water is yucky luke warm.

We were on the Island Princess over Christmas 2009, and my husband and two young daughters got the Ultimate Drink Card. My husband and I each got a coffee card. I really think it was worth it as the girls had smoothies and hot chocolate with their card. We had lattes and mochas at breakfast and dinner -- what luxury! Will definitely purchase again in July when we're on the Island for our Alaska cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for the excellent info provided above.

Can anyone give me the URL (http://www.princess.com/...etc,etc,etc) for the official page on which the "Ultimate" beverage package is described in full? I would really appreciate being able to read the complete and official wording. I tried to find it at the Princess site, but without success.

jg, I have to admit, I have never seen it mentioned anywhere on the Princess website. The main reason could be that it can only be purchased onboard the ship. There is no official description that I know of, or have ever seen. Sorry!

jg, I have to admit, I have never seen it mentioned anywhere on the Princess website. The main reason could be that it can only be purchased onboard the ship. There is no official description that I know of, or have ever seen. Sorry!

Thanks, T2K. Guess what? I found something "close" to "official" on another thread. I believe that there is a quotation there from an e-mail message sent by Princess to prospective cruisers. It looks pretty good, and the whole (other) thread was helpful to me too. Here's a link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=27599820&postcount=26

Archived