Sneaking booze aboard

It cracks me up when people tell how they get it on. Don't you think the cruise lines read these boards? They probably already know more tricks than we could think of but if you found a way you should keep it to yourself, or you will never be able to use that trick again.

I got it on the one time I tried but I'll never tell how. I just buy the drinks from them, I like fancy mixed drinks.

We had rum runners taken from our locked suitcases when we went on Independence. Our suitcase was delivered to our cabin locked with an orange note inside stating that the "contriband" had been destroyed. I had no problem with them taking it but I wasn't thrilled that they went through my locked suitcase without me present.

I have also read recently that people wearing cargo shorts/pants have been asked to empty their pockets at security check in. I guess they are getting wise about people sneaking them on in their clothing. :)

Thanks for spreading the fantastic news. It´s good to know RCI catches up and enforces the rule. They should pay a bonus to the folks screening the luggage for any booze eliminated.

Is there any reason other than RCI is enforcing a rule that you find this fantastic news ? Why do you care one way or another ?

It cracks me up when people tell how they get it on. Don't you think the cruise lines read these boards? They probably already know more tricks than we could think of but if you found a way you should keep it to yourself, or you will never be able to use that trick again.

I got it on the one time I tried but I'll never tell how. I just buy the drinks from them, I like fancy mixed drinks.

I don't think this is true. The cruise lines have known about rum runners for years and yet they are almost 100% effective.

No. Not locked. While in line, lots of the luggage was not locked. Security would not touch the luggage to open it.

Luggage is scanned again with you present. They will not put their hands near the opened suitcase but will say something like, "there is a bottle, please get is for us"

I guess they don't to be accused of stealing anything.

They are always very polite.

M

ps - we don't bother taking anything alcohol anymore. If we bring a few bottels of water, we bring them in a carry-on.

M

I had vodka in a water bottle taken on a Carnival.. they rummaged through took the bottle and left a note

D

I wonder if Royal will ever use the "denied boarding" clause to set an example for people smuggling booze.

I think they should compromise and allow two bottles of wine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably not.

Sent from my carrier pigeon using Wings

Wow, so surprised as to how many people have been caught or had trouble. We have always taken alcohol on board (Carnival) , in plain view, just wrapped in bubble wrap/ziploc bags, one in each checked bag - even the kids luggage - don't judge it's our vacation too!.:) And never had anything said to us or confiscated, ..getting very nervous as we are cruising next week on RCI (without the kids this time!) and had planned on taking some wine...might just try it to see what happens and will report back to everyone on our experience....

Carnival does allow each person to bring one bottle of wine/champagne onboard as long as it is carried on. Anything else is subject to be confiscated. Royal Caribbean allows no outside alcohol onboard so pay your dime and take your chance.

I have heard of women taking the small rum runners and taping it to there thighs and wearing a dress to get them onboard.

I myself have never tried it.

Thats a little theatrical and weird .. taping them to their private parts .. how silly. Just tuck your Rum Runners inside something else (like shoes .. or rolled up in some clothes) ... and in your checked luggage and VOILA! .. your very own Sail-Away cocktails ..

Somehow they taste a little better when you feel clever about getting it on board too!

That's why I never tell how I do it either. It has worked each and every time for me. I would bet $100 I could do it each and every time from here on out. All I will say is that includes a trp to SAMs club and swing by my local produce store.... Oh yeah, then my friends house who has a heat gun.... All after going to the liquor store first! Lol! Btw, before I get reamed, my inboard bar bill is quite high. I primarily use the smuggled rum for a pre-dinner drink.

That's why I never tell how I do it either. It has worked each and every time for me. I would bet $100 I could do it each and every time from here on out. All I will say is that includes a trp to SAMs club and swing by my local produce store.... Oh yeah, then my friends house who has a heat gun.... All after going to the liquor store first! Lol! Btw, before I get reamed, my inboard bar bill is quite high. I primarily use the smuggled rum for a pre-dinner drink.

OK ... i am INTRIGUED by this one! Sams Club, produce and a heat gun? I can't even imagine! (But I'm impressed !!)

Basket from Sams Club

Fruit

Plastic wrap with heat gun to make it look like a gift basket.

Oh no now RCCL will know all the tricks.

Does anyone else find it amusing that the only rule RCI seems to zealously enforce is the "bring no alcohol onboard" rule? Seat savers in the theater - they ook the other way.:rolleyes: Chair hogs at the pool - not a pool attendant in sight. :rolleyes: Jeans and T-shirts in the MDR on formal night - the maitre d is suddenly busy elsewhere.:rolleyes:

Put a bottle of booze in your bag and it's red lights and sirens.:eek:

Does anyone else find it amusing that the only rule RCI seems to zealously enforce is the "bring no alcohol onboard" rule? Seat savers in the theater - they ook the other way.:rolleyes: Chair hogs at the pool - not a pool attendant in sight. :rolleyes: Jeans and T-shirts in the MDR on formal night - the maitre d is suddenly busy elsewhere.:rolleyes:

Because booze is BIG money. Question answered.

Teddie

Perhaps the unfortunate consequences that are sometimes associated with that smuggled bottle of booze, may explain their zeal. No one is likely to be killed or injured by a saved seat in the theater, a hogged chair by the pool, or an improperly attired passenger in the dining room, but an intoxicated passenger, when the line does not have some control over how much booze he consumes, can do serious harm to himself or another passenger. So, no, I don't find it especially amusing and if you have seen any of the TV exposés of drunken passengers on a cruise ship, you might better understand and appreciate their zeal.

Going on first cruise wold love to hear about SAMs club comment and any tips. Email me if u like at lobstermate@aol.com. Would love to hear any other tips on things I should bring...flashlight, nitelight. Wrinkle release. Etc......

As far as the Sams Club comment, I could tell you, but how do I know you are not a RCCL luggage scanner! :D

As far as the Sams Club comment, I could tell you, but how do I know you are not a RCCL luggage scanner! :D

Obviously he's buying shrink wrap from sams then jars of pickles to drain the brine and make pickle-flavoured vodka jars!

BTW best recommendation I saw was to wrap the booze as gifts.

Rum Runners work just fine on the Allure... even during Spring Break.

And even with the magical, mystical powers of RCI to sniff out liquor.

:rolleyes:

Before we had access to the D lounge/event, we always used rum runners and had no problems either. I'm looking forward to carrying on my bottle of wine for the Celebrity cruise.

Perhaps the unfortunate consequences that are sometimes associated with that smuggled bottle of booze, may explain their zeal. No one is likely to be killed or injured by a saved seat in the theater, a hogged chair by the pool, or an improperly attired passenger in the dining room, but an intoxicated passenger, when the line does not have some control over how much booze he consumes, can do serious harm to himself or another passenger. So, no, I don't find it especially amusing and if you have seen any of the TV exposés of drunken passengers on a cruise ship, you might better understand and appreciate their zeal.

Don't be so naive. They search for the smuggled alcohol because they want you to BUY theirs.

Archived