"LIVE" From the FREEDOM of the SEAS, 8-15 May 2011 (Eastern)

Here are scanned copies of our "Official Photos" from the RCI Photographers.

Freedom-May-201116.jpg

Freedom-May-201117.jpg

Freedom-May-20112.jpg

Freedom-May-20113.jpg

Freedom-May-20114.jpg

Judith and I are both really pleased with them. I need a PhotoShop expert to remove the reflection from Judith's glasses.

Great Job again. . . ! I loved all of your pics and I can't wait to see your Gallery !

The Freedom of the Seas is very beautiful through your eyes. . .

Radio

;);)

Hi, Radio...

Looking forward to your "Live" report from the Allure--make sure you take some time to listen to Mega 4, the Caribbean band onboard...they're the best!! Have a great cruise.

Once again Jim an outstanding job. Glad you and Judith are home safe and sound. I really do hope you and Radio could hookup and do a cruise together. I feel safe in saying the rest of us CC'ers would be following it very closely.

Dear Jim & Judith......Love, love, love the ship pic. of the two of you....you are a great looking couple.

Still waiting for the update re the 3rd puppy that was glad you are home. I was just thinking...maybe Judith has a dog..?????

dm

Here are scanned copies of our "Official Photos" from the RCI Photographers.

Freedom-May-201116.jpg

Freedom-May-201117.jpg

Freedom-May-20112.jpg

Freedom-May-20113.jpg

Freedom-May-20114.jpg

Judith and I are both really pleased with them. I need a PhotoShop expert to remove the reflection from Judith's glasses.

Wonderful shots

My husbnd and I will be in Palm Coast mid August prior to a quick Monarch cruise. Perhaps we can all meet for a cup of coffee. Marci

Here are scanned copies of our "Official Photos" from the RCI Photographers. >SNIP<

I will take care of theis and send you the "adjusted" Pics. . .

Radio

;);)

The Saturday Bridge Tour Was Fantastic!

Captain Tor came out and spent about 20 minutes talking with us and answering questions.

I learned that the Bridge Officers work 10 weeks on and 10 weeks off. Captain Tor said he was heading home today for three more weeks of vacation and would then be back on board for another ten weeks.

In response to several questions about basing ships here and there he said the problem was that RCI didn't have enough ships to put them everywhere they would like to. He also told us that the new ships that are coming would be much like the Mariner but would have the capability to close "covers" over the entire pool deck which would give them the flexibility to cruise in colder climates.

DSCN2742.jpg

33 photos posted here...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v329/Trainman-2/2011%20May%20Freedom%20of%20the%20Seas/Day%207%20Saturday/Bridge%20Tour/

They Galley Tours Are Always Chaotic!

They had a bunch of people and took us in groups of about 25.

The galley was "working" and noisy to start with and it was crowded so if you were in the back of the group you couldn't hear what the Chef was saying.

Speaking of my favorite, the Sour Dough Rolls...

They make the dough in the big machines on the left and then sub divide it into "blobs" that rise to about the size of a dinner plate but 6" high.

DSCN2791.jpg

DSCN2795.jpg

Then they put them into this machine which makes the little pieces of dough for each roll.

DSCN2787.jpg

Then dump them onto a table, put them on trays and then into the ovens.

DSCN2788.jpg

DSCN2789.jpg

GOLLY! I love RCI's Sour Dough Rolls (I found out my local Publix Supermarket will make them on request and they are almost as good as RCI's)

A bunch more galley photos are here...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v329/Trainman-2/2011%20May%20Freedom%20of%20the%20Seas/Day%207%20Saturday/Galley%20Tour/?start=all

They Galley Tours Are Always Chaotic!

They had a bunch of people and took us in groups of about 25.

The galley was "working" and noisy to start with and it was crowded so if you were in the back of the group you couldn't hear what the Chef was saying.

Speaking of my favorite, the Sour Dough Rolls...

They make the dough in the big machines on the left and then sub divide it into "blobs" that rise to about the size of a dinner plate but 6" high.

DSCN2791.jpg

DSCN2795.jpg

Then they put them into this machine which makes the little pieces of dough for each roll.

DSCN2787.jpg

Then dump them onto a table, put them on trays and then into the ovens.

DSCN2788.jpg

DSCN2789.jpg

GOLLY! I love RCI's Sour Dough Rolls (I found out my local Publix Supermarket will make them on request and they are almost as good as RCI's)

A bunch more galley photos are here...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v329/Trainman-2/2011%20May%20Freedom%20of%20the%20Seas/Day%207%20Saturday/Galley%20Tour/?start=all

When Captain Tor said he would be off again today for 3 weeks, does that mean Captain Rob is coming back? We hope that he is recovered and doing well. We have sailed with him twice on Grandeur and think he is the best Captain we've had so far on RCCL.

Thanks Jim for a great cruise review! I always look forward to your and Radio's posts :). You two together would give us an awesome "Live" review!!!

You look so happy and I hope you two will continue to take many cruises together!

Can't wait until your next cruise!!!

Imagine that live-thread. :D

No doubt!

It would be the CC version of Led Zepplin and the Who live at Wembly stadium!

Be too much for me...I'd have to take the week off work... :D

Too funny.

That would be great to follow throughout the week

Yes it would. I'd love to see those two pull it off sometime. I get the shivers just thinking about it, lol.

Great thread Trainman. Thanks! :)

Nancy

Trainman,

I know it depends on the Captain and how congested a port is but on your particular sailing was it better to be port or starboard side of the ship for port views?

It was great following your reports all week. I loved your pictures. Thanks !!

Makes note to self...Just finished Trainman's LIVE thread and Bionicman's review. Next week Radio will be LIVE from the Allure, then comes MerionMom in August on the Allure (B2B if I remember!!), Trainman on the Oasis in Sept., and all the other good stuff in between. Thanks for feeding my obsession :D

Trainman, I just wanted to say that my wife and I LOVE your live threads. We have only been on 2 cruises so far, but were hooked after the first one. We will be on the Freedom on February 26, 2012. Taking a family cruise and all the information I get from your live thread will help us out.

Thanks for your time in doing these live from threads. We hope you and Judith have many more cruises to enjoy together.

Archived