"LIVE" From the FREEDOM of the SEAS, 8-15 May 2011 (Eastern)

Welcome back to the USA. You always provide a lively thread; complete with pictures, comments, and discussion groups. Thank you for the time you spend putting this together.

A "Walk About" on Deck 12

I started as I came out of the Starboard Elevator Lobby and headed aft. When I got to the walking-jogging track on the port side, everyone was going the wrong way so I had to dodge a bunch of folks.

I had a request for the Johnny Rockets menu...

DSCN2641.jpg

DSCN2642.jpg

And another request for photos of the new movie screen

For the rest of the 58 photos, please follow the link below. Sorry but it would take a long time at $.30/minute for me to link them directly.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v329/Trainman-2/2011%20May%20Freedom%20of%20the%20Seas/Day%206%20Friday/Deck%2012%20Walk%20About/?start=all

Does Johnny Rockets on the Freedom have a breakfast menu?

My wife have enjoyed your post imensly. We will be taking our first cruise on the FOS Dec 11. It's our 20th anniversery we enjoyed your insight. She was injured in as auto accident 16 years ago leaving her paralized from the chest down. This will be our first real vacation in 12 years. Loved all the pictures and comentary.

:)

My wife have enjoyed your post imensly. We will be taking our first cruise on the FOS Dec 11. It's our 20th anniversery we enjoyed your insight. She was injured in as auto accident 16 years ago leaving her paralized from the chest down. This will be our first real vacation in 12 years. Loved all the pictures and comentary.

:)

Beckhoff, come over to the roll call and sign in. We have enough for a m & m with Royal as well.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1220615&page=12

Thanks for sharing your vacation with us, I will be there one week from today!

I really appreciate the pool pictures, thank you so much for taking the time to snap those for me. Wishing you and Judith a safe return home! It's amazing how fast the 7 days fly by!

Jane

THANKS!!! for correcting me. Can you try to help me in what I am thinking of? I was thinking it was a one day only thing.

Tim

Tim

Usually it's in one of those private rooms just off the main Dining room so when you walk in look to your extreme left or right and kind of behind you in the corners. Depending how full it gets it can creep out into the main dining areas but will always be in those corners.

Jimbo:)

Absolutely Not!! It is for the entire cruise. It is usually in a small section of the dining room on the bottom floor. We have had this on every cruise since Christmas of 2009. It is not advertised.....this is something you have to just know about. I'm telling you .....it is wonderful!

That's why I love these boards:D,,have been on more than one cruise as Diamond and never knew about these perks,,will certainly look into it on the Freedom in Jan...Thanks fellow cruisers:D:D

Jim, thanx for letting me cruise with you and Judith. Judith, welcome to being an addict, and our never ending step program (take as many cruises as you can). The best to the both of you

Trainman - Thank you for taking time to provide us this wonderful "Live from the Freedom" report and the pictures! I have truly been enjoying your daily reports with the pictures. :)

Very nice picture of you and Judith last night in the Viking Crown lounge.

Thank you! I'm already looking forward to your "Live from the Oasis" report in September. ;) :D

Thanks yet again for taking us all along on your cruise. Congrats to Judith to becoming 'one of us' :D

The only downside to the 'Live From' reports is that it makes the 189 days, 1 hr, 26 minutes and 54 seconds (not that i'm counting...) until I step foot in the Windjammer again seem soooooo far away ;)

What can I say? I feel I have been on a cruise and never left home! Thanks so much for your posts and pics. I am so glad you and Judith have found each other, and may God bless you both, and I hope you have many more cruises together. Will be on the Freedom in Sept. and can't wait!!!!

We Are Home, Safe & Sound!

There are three happy puppies here with us too.

Unloading from the FREEDOM was delayed almost one hour because they could not get the big hatch open that they use for unloading luggage.

Much more to come later as we get unloaded, laundry going, and caught up.

You're thread has been something I've looked forward to reading this entire week. I've learned so many interesting things about FOS and look forward to being back on her in a week!

Thanks again for sharing your journey with us all!

Looks like Trainman-2 is enjoying the last day of his cruise! Not many posts from him today.

Where did the time from this week go???

I'm hoping their next cruise is longer than a week, this one certainly flew by!

Love your Viking Crown Lounge photo, Trainman. I don't know if I have ever seen a more happy and relaxed couple! ;) Looking forward to Judith's cruise thoughts and your next trip together. ;)

Thank you, Trainman Jim, for posting the report and the beautiful pictures this week. My favorite was my birthday sunrise yesterday, and learning about the new self-serve soda on the pool deck. Seeing my "missed cruise of '11" turned out to be very helpful in allowing my mind to be out to sea while my body was home having a different kind of SEE day. (SEE: Staycation's Exhausting Everyday.)

My advice to anyone who asks from now on - heck with the housework - go on the cruise! See ya next year, Allure.

God speed to you and Judith. Happy to welcome her to the Balcony Snob Club.;)

Happy you arrived s & s...it was a great week, we all loved every minute! Many thanks (again) for sharing your cruise with us.

'3 puppies happy to see you' where did the 3rd one come from??? Did you get another weiner & I missed that news?

Will be waiting for your finishing pictures etc., also hope to see some posts from Judith with her 1st cruise impressions.

dm

A "Walk About" on Deck 12

And another request for photos of the new movie screen

DSCN2658.jpg

DSCN2663.jpg

DSCN2689.jpg

For the rest of the 58 photos, please follow the link below. Sorry but it would take a long time at $.30/minute for me to link them directly.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v329/Trainman-2/2011%20May%20Freedom%20of%20the%20Seas/Day%206%20Friday/Deck%2012%20Walk%20About/?start=all

I bow for you, thank you very much for those pics. I love the new screen, I'm gonna enjoy watching a couple of movies at night in September.

Jim, again, thank you a million times for the amazing review and the wonderful pictures. I felt like I was cruising along. But watching all that food made me hungry and I just ate :D

Cindy

I saw this sign several times on Deck 12...

It occurred to me that I could have some similar signs made up for my next cruise on the Freedom that said "Do Not Throw Objects Or Chair Hogs Overboard" and attach them on top of the existing signs. :eek:

I wonder how long it would take for the change to be noticed. :D

LMAO. That's a good one. But the fish might enjoy the chair hogs though....

Cindy

Great Job again. . . ! I loved all of your pics and I can't wait to see your Gallery !

The Freedom of the Seas is very beautiful through your eyes. . .

Radio

;);)

Great Job again. . . ! I loved all of your pics and I can't wait to see your Gallery !

The Freedom of the Seas is very beautiful through your eyes. . .

Radio

;);)

Thanks Radio,

You are the one who inspired me to start doing "Live Reports" several years ago!

Shoot me an email and we will see if we can set up a cruise together sometime. The address is in my profile.

Jim

Archived