Does Celebrity passengers decorate their front door?

bbdqsony

Sounds like a wonderful wedding party. Have a great cruise.

Hey, another BBT fan. Way to go.

We shall both enjoy our magnets and DD's wedding.

And, I should add, the spectrum of tackiness that will present itself on "formal" night.

I haven't see fine hotel or resort that decorate their front door...

Why do I find it tacky? Because it looks like graffiti and it's eye sore just like one I found on flickr (see below) and it feel like I am on walmart cruise!

I don't want to find myself clenching teeth as I pass someone's door that looks ridiculous and it remind me of kindergarten class door...

Occasion decorate such as b-day, anniversary, etc with small sign on THAT day and when it's over remove it. If someone is hosting party in their stateroom.... have flyer print from computer room and remove it when the party is over. And do not make excuse such as "It help me to find my room" MEMORIZE it!

Another thing I can't stand when people walks in buffet to eat and they are drippin wet, ladies/girls in bikini or guys/boys with no tee shirts.

Respect each other and obey cruise ship's rule such as dress code, smoking, etc... If you cannot do this please go on walmart cruise :)

Celebrity is elegant cruise ship... try not to destroy it...

3517651362_be42aeb9f1.jpg

Why do I find it tacky? Because it looks like graffiti and it's eye sore just like one I found on flickr (see below) and it feel like I am on walmart cruise!

I don't want to find myself clenching teeth as I pass someone's door that looks ridiculous and it remind me of kindergarten class door...

Occasion decorate such as b-day, anniversary, etc with small sign on THAT day and when it's over remove it. If someone is hosting party in their stateroom.... have flyer print from computer room and remove it when the party is over. And do not make excuse such as "It help me to find my room" MEMORIZE it!

Another thing I can't stand when people walks in buffet to eat and they are drippin wet, ladies/girls in bikini or guys/boys with no tee shirts.

Respect each other and obey cruise ship's rule such as dress code, smoking, etc... If you cannot do this please go on walmart cruise :)

To paraphrase a brilliant poster (myself ;)) in a different thread, you are allowing yourself to feel this way. It is a choice.

Don't want to find yourself clenching your teeth? Easy solution: don't clench your teeth.

Want to enjoy your vacation? Go ahead and enjoy it... and let others enjoy theirs.

And interesting that in the same breath as you say "respect each other," you are passing judgment on others. Nice.

Yes I do, I consider a ship a fine hotel for the week. And I don't use glue;)

Agreed! What's the harm of having a little of your personality shown on the door?

Lighten up and enjoy.

Seconded. :D

Yeh you have your casual night and we have our formal night. We need set rule on casual/formal door day :D

And interesting that in the same breath as you say "respect each other," you are passing judgment on others. Nice.

I usually don't decorate my door but if we have a theme cruise, or group cruise, I've decorated (also a wreath on a Christmas cruise).

But whether I've decorated or not, when I pass a decorated door I do one of 2 things:

Walk right past the door and pay it no attention........OR........

Stop at the door, read the signs etc and smile that someone is having a good time and celebrating something... even if it's only celebrating the fact that... IT'S A VACATION!

I usually don't decorate my door but if we have a theme cruise, or group cruise, I've decorated (also a wreath on a Christmas cruise).

But whether I've decorated or not, when I pass a decorated door I do one of 2 things:

Walk right past the door and pay it no attention........OR........

Stop at the door, read the signs etc and smile that someone is having a good time and celebrating something... even if it's only celebrating the fact that... IT'S A VACATION!

nice reply this.

If you consider Celebrity allowing this to be a Walmart cruise, maybe you would prefer not to go.

Don't book the Summit for this July- we're decorating doors! Have just purchased 8x11 magnetic signs to help our group find the cabins of the "Parents of the Bride," "Mother of the Groom." and "Father of the Groom." (Made up with the ship's name, cruise dates, bride and groom names, etc all on a beach theme).

For those of you also cruising- sorry for being tacky but we're celebrating our DD's wedding onbboard on our way to Bermuda. And our group will probably do other things to upset you too- (we're reserving one of the public rooms for two hours for the wedding and reception, so you'll have to find somewhere else to be for those two hours. Sorry for the inconvenience.)

Good for you! I think that you really have to celebrate things that come up in life. And this is a great example of something to celebrate. Congrats to your daughter and new son-in-law!

3517651362_be42aeb9f1.jpg

Get a life.

If some feel the need of a door deco- well fine for me, I would not like it- but I would never feel or be disturbed about such "minors" how I will state them. To each his own.

I for example hate those nonsens with " biggest belly " or the sexy leg contest- I suppose they need something to fill the " your cruise in review DVD" !

Michael

I noticed that Carnival cruise does decorate their own doors to help them find their room after get drunk or whatever reason they have and I find it very tacky. I hope celebrity forbidden it. I've seen banner that say Happy Birthday on celebrity which is reasonable but to make your own door as uhhh mickey mouse or beach or whatever just to help you find your room...

I think my parents will think this is sweet:

I bought a Happy 50th Anniversary magnet from Vistaprint. It's about 12"x12" and is customized with their names, a photo, and a vacation scene. It's supposed to be a car door magnet, but I'm going to put it on their cabin door. If the door isn't magnetic, I guess I'll just have to set it up in their room somewhere.

If someone would view that as tacky or judge me as tacky for temporarily putting it up on their door, I don't know, I guess I can live with that. I can't see how it would detract from someone else's cruise during the 1/2 second walk past the cabin door.

I bought a Happy 50th Anniversary magnet from Vistaprint. It's about 12"x12" and is customized with their names, a photo, and a vacation scene. It's supposed to be a car door magnet, but I'm going to put it on their cabin door. If the door isn't magnetic, I guess I'll just have to set it up in their room somewhere.

That is really sweet of you to do that! 50th Anniversary! Yay to them!

If someone would view that as tacky or judge me as tacky for temporarily putting it up on their door, I don't know, I guess I can live with that. I can't see how it would detract from someone else's cruise during the 1/2 second walk past the cabin door.

Meh, that's assuming they take 1/2 second to walk past the cabin door. Maybe some people take longer? ;)

Good for you--enjoy! If someone else judges that you are tacky, guess what--it's his problem, not yours.

Here's a discovery I made a few cruises ago: the cabin walls are also magnetic. I collect magnets from the places I go to. I had a lot of fun arranging a collage on the wall.

hi there.

I definitely know what St George's flag is as I also come from England. What date are you travelling on the Infinity in July? We are booked July 8th To 15th on Inside Passage cruise

Regards

Barbara

We're on the week before you! Hope we both have a great time!

Most years in the recent past we've had future cruises booked at Christmas. I visit our local mall and go to a "kiosk" that hand writes messages on all types of ornaments.

This was on our tree last Christmas and on our cabin door this past March on the Equinox.

This has kind of become a tradition for us and each year, as we decorate our tree, we bring them out and remember our fun!

1725447497_EquinoxMarch201111daycruise031.jpg.a36fc16f4715d13af9688108866ac37c.jpg

Good for you! I think that you really have to celebrate things that come up in life. And this is a great example of something to celebrate. Congrats to your daughter and new son-in-law!

The FoB (me) and MoB thank you!

Vistaprint has neat stuff, and you can work the web site for freebies! We're getting lots of "tacky" accessories from them for the swag bags or raffle prizes on the bus to the port - hats, shirts, mousepads, the ever popular door magnets and a wedding party banner to parade around the ship and reserve 30+ chairs :D. (OK, that isn't the purpose of the banner - it's really for our Welcome Aboard and Farewell parties for our guests.)

I always am envious when I see decorated doors and wish that I was that clever or had thought of it! In 2001, we took a family cruise w/my parents and several of my cousins and it was over my folks 56th anniversay.

RCCL offered an anniversary package that I purchased for them in which they put a bottle of sparkling grape juice (in lieu of champagne since my dad did not drink) and a small cake in their room. They also decorated the inside of the cabin and put a rather large and lovely "Happy Anniversay" sign on their door. They were thrilled with this rather inexpensive surprise and received lots of congratulations from their neighbors all through the cruise.

And seeing as the room was down the usual long corridor, it made it easy for them and everyone around them to spot their rooms quite easily. No one complained about it.

Archived