Wet hair at breakfast

Hmm. Well, we all know you have just taken a shower and it's to be expected in the morning. Breakfast is a casual meal onboard ship. Having said that, when a woman goes out of the house with wet hair, I notice it. It's obvious - she will garner some looks. It depends on if you are comfortable with it or not.

Personally, I wouldn't do it, ever. But that's me. You've asked, and I say do what you can to minimize attention. Pulling it back in a pony or a bun for 30 minutes will not kill you. :) But I wouldn't do the flower thing.:p

Have fun.

Since I have very long hair which takes a long time to dry, and I don't like to use a hairdryer very often, is it OK to show up in the dining room with wet hair at breakfast? Or would I look way too "sloppy" and casual? Ladies - what are your thoughts on this? :rolleyes:

I do it.. I don't use hair dryers.. Plus I'm on vacation.. why would I change when i'm suppose to be relaxing :rolleyes:

Pulling my wet hair up for even half an hour will give me a bump, so i personally would just wear it straight down.

Personally i find it incredibly sexy when men have wet hair and you can see the comb lines through it. No matter how old or young they are. So any men out there feel like turning up to brekie with wet hair go for it:D

it's not that big a deal, as long as you're not dripping!

I have fairly short hair, but it's very thick & curly and takes forever to dry. I don't use a hair dryer anymore. On a cruise, I usually wash my hair later in the day (after excursions or poolside) to have clean hair for dinner, so I have to get my timing right to have my hair ready, especially on formal nights. It's usually still a little damp when I get to dinner, and I will run to the ladies to fluff it out about halfway through dinner!

If you are going to the buffet for breakfast I don't see an issue. I mean for all people know you have had a morning dip in the pool...........

The dining room breakfast is just a little too formal for wet hair. But again, these are all personal thoughts, so don't take it to heart. Do you.:D

As long as you don't walk in the MDR in your bathing suit and BARE feet like the woman in front of us this past April on Carnival Liberty. :eek::eek::eek:

And to my amazement...yes, she was seated. :(

i have long hair and if i did eat in the MDR for brkfst and it was wet i would go...mine dries very quickly so by the time i would get there, it would be somewhat dry and i wear a hairband so it is not really noticeable...i have seen way worse...if it doesnt bother you...do it.

Give me a break!!!!! I realize the OP asked for opinions but, give me a break!!!!! What is the big deal? It's not like she is going to be flinging her hair around in your face or have her hair hanging in your plate. I think I would be more upset if you were at the buffet with your hair hanging over the food while you were deciding what you wanted to eat. If you want to go to breakfast with your hair wet go ahead.

Since I have very long hair which takes a long time to dry, and I don't like to use a hairdryer very often, is it OK to show up in the dining room with wet hair at breakfast? Or would I look way too "sloppy" and casual? Ladies - what are your thoughts on this? :rolleyes:

I have very think long hair and I just put it in a quick low bum (to prevent the bump) I see nothing wrong with it but then again I am super low maintenance and got to work like that nearly everyday LOL enjoy your trip who cares what people think.

Give me a break!!!!! I realize the OP asked for opinions but, give me a break!!!!! What is the big deal? It's not like she is going to be flinging her hair around in your face or have her hair hanging in your plate. I think I would be more upset if you were at the buffet with your hair hanging over the food while you were deciding what you wanted to eat. If you want to go to breakfast with your hair wet go ahead.

Thanks - I needed that!:)

I often wash my hair in the afternoon after returning from an excursion (like another poster had suggested) since then it looks really great for dinner. Sometimes things don't go as planned though.

I guess one way to avoid the morning "problem" would be by ordering room service - my hair can dry in peace while I eat in the privacy of my own suite.;)

Honestly, this thread makes me a little jealous.... my hair is so thin and fine that it dries naturally in less than 20 minutes.

But I can't let it dry naturally or it will crinkle weird and go in a million different directions.

I had no idea that so many women don't use a blowdryer!

I'm kind of shocked that nobody went with the double standard (and often correct) reply:

"if you're attractive then it's ok...if you're not then other cruisers look at you with disdain"

I have waist-length hair, so if I waited for it to dry all the way, I wouldn't get breakfast until noon! :D I put it up in a pretty barrette or wind it into a bun, and it looks fine.

I don't think hair dripping down your clothes is a good idea, but I have no problem whatsoever with wet hair if it is well controlled.

Honestly, this thread makes me a little jealous.... my hair is so thin and fine that it dries naturally in less than 20 minutes.

But I can't let it dry naturally or it will crinkle weird and go in a million different directions.

I had no idea that so many women don't use a blowdryer!

LOL - Little Miss Magic - you're so funny and I'm sure your hair is just great!:)

I have naturally curly/wavy hair, the shorter it is the curlier, so I like to keep it long so with enough weight it straightens the curls out some.

It does take a long time to dry though, but I don't like to use a hairdryer because it makes everything looks weird - once in a while though I do dry it and then use a straightener, but that's a LONG process.

Sigh - I guess none of us are quite happy with what we were blessed with, huh?;)

Archived