Which cruise would like to do again ?

COLLEYBERRY

[quote name='CtheW0rld']
i wish i could've sailed on the mariposa. i read an amusing book - [U]nothing can go wrong[/U] - by one if its former captains, john kilpack. it was a very good read.[/QUOTE]

Very cool!! Was that fiction or non fiction? I'll see if it's on Amazon. I know that there are a couple of books out there that celebrate Matson Lines passenger service. I have one but the title is not in my memory banks.

[quote name='Hobbsey']Very cool!! Was that fiction or non fiction? I'll see if it's on Amazon. I know that there are a couple of books out there that celebrate Matson Lines passenger service. I have one but the title is not in my memory banks.[/quote]

non-fiction. it is out of print now, but i'm sure you can find it on amazon or alibris

[quote name='CtheW0rld']non-fiction. it is out of print now, but i'm sure you can find it on amazon or alibris[/QUOTE]

It's in my shopping cart on Amazon. What a nice b'day gift to myself. Thx

We loved the trip around Hawaii last year so much we rebooked on board for the same trip with the additional tour around the Tahiti and the South Pacific. It was the perfect combination of sea days, which we love, and wonderful locations which we also love. Have found some cruises have too many touring days, which tires us out and makes us grumpy. Enough relaxing days at sea is essential to keeping us "blissed out!"

(My brother and sister-in-law cannot believe we are not bored on all those sea days! Different strokes, I guess!)

Barbara

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Because of the business we're in (owning a summer inn on Nantucket Island), we're limited to cruising during the winter. I'm really "pushing it" having booked 10/;9 on the Veendam to Bermuda...but I want to do it with HAL if they don't renew their contract once this one expires.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Having said that, we do the Caribbean each winter. Two years in a row we did the Noordam out of NYC; the next two years, we did the 20-day Collector's Cruise out of FFL...on the Noordam again. This year...and again in 1/12, we're doing the 14 day Maasdam.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]I'd love to do the New England/Canada b2b on the Maasdam once we ever sell the inn. That's 1st on my "Bucket List" once we sell![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]And then, who knows? I'd love to do some European cruises....if they're in our budget.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='COLLEYBERRY'][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial] Just curious again.:)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Of all the cruises you have taken, which one would you love to relive. Was it the itinerary, the people you met,the memories made ....what is your most memorable cruise ?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[/quote]I would have to say that the cruise that I would most like to repeat is the Voyage of the Vikings. It was by far the best cruise my husband and I have taken. We loved the ports and the fact that there were not too many consecutive sea days. We loved the shipboard activities. It was easily our most memorable cruise to date.

My January 2008 South America and Antarctica Cruise aboard the Rotterdam with several dear friends. The ports were great, Antarctica was incredible, the people I was with were special.

We loved our cruise to Alaska on the Westerdam 2 years ago and would love to do another HAL Alaskan cruise again. Also absolutely loved our Adriatic cruise last year on the RCL Splendour that departed from Venice after a 5-day land tour of the Italian lake region (Stresa and Lake Como). The Greek Isles were delightful. I thought that Corfu was one of the most beautiful islands that I've ever seen.

Looking forward to a Mediterranean cruise this year that departs Barcelona and does the French and Italian rivieras plus Livorno for 2 nights to see Florence (again) and Pisa. :)

[FONT="Arial Black"]It was a Vantage President's Cruise. 3 days at a hotel in Italy and 10 days onboard the [I]Royal Clipper .
Somewhat expensive but more than woth the money.[FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT][/I][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]
Compared to many of you I am just a neophyte when it comes to cruise adventures..but I am finding it hard to pick my favorite cruise from the three we have taken.:)

The wonder of our first cruise..experiencing every new an exciting thing with the spectacle of Alaska as a backdrop.

Sailing out of New york aboard the brand new Eurodam.. our first 'wakeview' cabin and delighting in the Tamarind.

Our last cruise..in a corner aft suite and again reveling in the pure joy that 'Great Land' brings....yep it is a hard question.:)

[/FONT][/SIZE]

To date, our most memorable cruise was an itinerary on another line and we would enjoy doing it again on a HAL ship: Curacao, Isla Margarita, Barbados, Dominica, St. Thomas, Bahamas.

The reason it was memorable is that we returned to Curacao, where we had lived, and visited our old house.

Later, we returned again to Curacao on a Westerdam 7 day, but would like to do a 10 day similar to the above itinerary. The Noordam does have an ABC cruise, but it would be great to go to Barbados and Dominica instead of Samana.

[quote name='onthegogirl']There are two that I would book again in a heartbeat.

The WWII historic cruise on the Volendam from Aukland to Kobi. It was beautiful, emotional and having many vets on board made it very special.

The circumnavigation of Australia last year on the Volendam was very special too. We had lots of Aussies on board which made the cruise lots of fun. Wine, exotic animals and snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef plus sailing from and into Sydney harbor was awesome.[/quote]

I, too, loved both those cruises. I would also add the West Africa cruise on the Prinsendam. Fantastic!

For us, the best cruise was Hawaii out of SanDiego. Rough seas on the way there; water was smooth as glass on the return. Great mix of excitement and relaxation. Lot's to enjoy in Hawaii and want to go back, although there are other places we need to cruise too first:SA, Tahiti,and World Cruise is on the bucket list.
Great thread - thanks for starting it!

When RCL's Legend of the Seas first went to Asia it had several 14 day cruises Singapore to Shanghai. Alternate cruises were in reverse. It was fantatic and veryvaffordable. One of the very best cruises we have ever been on. There was an overnight in Bangkok and in Hong Kong. As far ad I know Legend has not done this cruise since. Too bad.

I think an easier question to answer would be which cruise would you not do again. The answer's likely to be that there is none since they are all special in their own way.

Hands down for us was South America when we did an extended excursion to the Galapagos islands! Simply amazing. If you ever have the opportunity, go to the islands. Words cant describe any of it. It was like a reptilian Jurassic Park. Our first stop was a 'cow' pasture with all these Galapagos tortise grazing. it only got better from there.

The Transatlantic on the Noordam - Ft. Lauderdale to Barcelona. Beautiful ship. Relaxing. Great Ports. Superb entertainment. Food - tops! Lots to do. Suite was great choice - exellent location.

Looking forward to doing London to St. Petersburg, and South America in the near future. Can't wait but time and budget get in way.

[quote name='HamburgAvonLady']Our 30-day repo cruise from Florida to Valpariso in Jan. 2009 ----- truly amazing - and our
Brazilian visas are good for a couple more years. Walking among the penquins in Ushuia was incredible !![/QUOTE]

HamburgAvonLady, what shore excursion did you do in Ushuaia? We will be there next year and haven't yet booked an excursion for that port.

BTW, I'm Chuck's sister.

Archived